Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to tcardenas
the remake of psycho was HORRIBLE. just putting that out there..

as far as the omen, it wasnt bad. i liked the original way more. they just basically did everything in the movie the same, which isnt fun. if you remake it, change something at least a little, not too much, but a little. the kid was cute though.. just like the kid in the original. evil kids are fun.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to PhilnEdee
at least these remakes intorduce the originals to a new group of people...such as the case in this thread...and there not all bad...Omen remake... horrible...Psycho remake...a great big practical joke on the public, TCM remake-great...Amytiville remake...great Hills Have Eyes remake...superb....
Old 12-01-2006, 04:25 AM
Evil Dead

thats true, the amityville remake wasnt bad and either was the hills have eyes ,but those are exceptios. most remakes arent good..
Old 12-01-2006, 04:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcardenas View Post
the remake of psycho was HORRIBLE. just putting that out there..

i would offer that the remake of psycho wasnt horrible - it was just the most extreme example of 'unneccessary' i could ever imagine.

it was shot from the same script - the direction was the same, the performances were good .. there was just no need for it.

the omen suffered from a much limper performance from the stars - most noteably Thewlis - who should have been perfect for the roll but someone decided to change the entire thrust of his character.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:03 AM
Smack My Titties

Yes, I think saying "The Psycho remake was shit" has next to no validity whatsoever. It wasn't shit at all - people who say so are confusing outrage with artistic failure.

Agreed on The Omen - it wasn't a bad remake at all, but the performances, for the most part, didn't cut it (Thewlis particularly).
Old 12-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3SSUR3 View Post
Agreed on The Omen - it wasn't a bad remake at all, but the performances, for the most part, didn't cut it (Thewlis particularly).
i was going to pass over the remake and only saw it when i heard thewlis was in it ..
i though it was perfect casting .. he can play a nasty little bugger like the best of them..

but they changed the part - he wasnt a nasty character at all in this version ..
Old 12-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Evil Dead

i still think the remake of psycho is horrible. thats the only version of the movie that one of my friends has seen and she doesnt believe that its not the original.. thats pretty bad.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to PhilnEdee
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcardenas View Post
i still think the remake of psycho is horrible. thats the only version of the movie that one of my friends has seen and she doesnt believe that its not the original.. thats pretty bad.
Again, the good part of remakes...introduces some good horror to a new age....
Like Urge said...Psycho remake was a big joke on us all...It's also in the bargain basket at Wal-mart for $3.88
Old 12-01-2006, 05:53 PM
Gloriana

Send a message via Yahoo to Nocturnal
I loved the original. Great atmosphere, superb acting and as someone has already stated, the musical score is amazing.

The remake...not too good. Not only was it a tad redundant as the new Damien was not half as scary. He looked like an annoyed and annoying brat more than the son of Satan
Old 12-02-2006, 06:38 AM
Evil Dead

yeah, but why do they need to remake them to put them out for a new audience? couldnt they just release special editions and maybe.. like they did with grease, put it back in the theater for a bit to reintroduce it? i mean, i dont see how remakes are putting it out for new audiences because.. then the new audiences are misinformed of how great a movie really is if they only saw the remake.