Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to LadyFrost Send a message via Yahoo to LadyFrost
666=The Omen

Recently i went out and bought "the omen" without even having seen it. i thought it would be a good horror/religion movie...and i was right. it was good. maybe not as scary as the original or as scary as i thought it would be, but it still a great movie.

(SPOILER ALERT)

I have to admit though, it was very hard for me to believe that the mother wouldnt have died from the fall she sustained. i mean come on, three stories down, onto a probably very very very hard floor. i seriously think the back of her head would have caved in or at least crunched very hard. but it was still a good movie, and kind of makes me not want to have children.

but meh ill have them anyway and raise my own little nation of hitlers. lol KDNG!

anyone what does everyone else think of "the omen"?

xXLadyFrostXx

Old 11-22-2006, 09:56 AM
Evil Dead

The Omen remake is terrible - one of the worst horror remakes I've seen. The original is so much better.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Evil Dead

havent yet seen the original...i think i might go and hire it from the video store...so its better then the original?

i have to admit i one of those peple who see the remakes first and then doesnt see the original....i did it with the ammityville horror, texas chainsaw massacre, the shinning, etc.

xXLadyFrostXx

Old 11-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFrost View Post
i have to admit i one of those peple who see the remakes first and then doesnt see the original....i did it with the ammityville horror, texas chainsaw massacre, the shinning, etc.

Blasphemy.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Evil Dead

[shakes her head and cries into her hands] I KNOW I KNOW!!! i have got to stop doing this...its terrible and sacraligious! but it is the way i have been programmed...the media of today tells me new is better!!!

but i should go and get the originals of these movies just to see what im missing out on. but i refuse to watch the original of "the exocist"! i watched "the exocisim of emily rose" and i was terrified. and ive been told thats the tame sequel or remake, or whatever they deem to call that movie.

xXLadyFrostXx

Old 11-23-2006, 03:00 AM
Evil Dead

I just watched the original Omen last night, and I think that the main thing that makes this one so much better is the music. Sounds silly if you haven't seen it, but you'll know what I mean once you see it.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:18 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer666 View Post
I just watched the original Omen last night, and I think that the main thing that makes this one so much better is the music. Sounds silly if you haven't seen it, but you'll know what I mean once you see it.
Im sure i will...if you ever watch a horror film with me (doubtful) you'll notice that when a really scary or gruesome scene is coming up i'll cover my ears. This is because the music in horror movies makes the scare. I can handle watching a scary, bloodboth, rip your throats out with a meat cleaver, movie as long as i dont hear the music. The music is the part of the movie that scares me the most.

Like you said, the music makes the movie. I should have rented the original "Omen" when i got movies last night...totally slipped my mind.

xXLadyFrostXx

Old 11-30-2006, 12:29 AM
Evil Dead

I watched the original Omen the night before seeing the new Omen

it was shit , i walked out (that it the first time i ever walked out of horror movie)
Old 11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Undead

The remake was pure crap. I don't know why they bothered. You at least cared about Gregory Peck and Lee Remick. It was like the remake of Psyco - almost scene for scene. What for?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Did'nt like the remake.I saw the original on tv the other night and taped it,It was so much better,I also did'nt like the mother in the remake she annoyed me.