Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-09-2004, 06:54 PM
a people person

new matrix only for those who seen it

i know its not horror but what the fuck
i just seen it and i dont understand how he killed mr smith did anyone get it or was there no reason
Old 05-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Banned

The movie was a big smelly piece of shit. It's best to just forget any questions you have about the movie and forget about the matrix.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Post-Moderation

Alot of people dont understand that part, or the significance of neo dieing at the end, so they call it shitty.

He knew the only way to beat mr.smith was to sacrifice himself, ie. he let himself be infected so as he was hooked into the mainframe machine, they had a lock on the smith program. Then the main computer deletes the smith program (you can see it as it sends a jolt of electricity into neo's body).

Thus mr.smith is deleted and all the mr.smiths are destroyed. The movie leaves alot up to interpretation so alot of people dont get it and dont understand it...

Watch how many people respond to this thread saying the movie and the whole series is shit...
Old 05-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Banned

the movie would have made a lot more sense if they'd gone with the Ninja Bandit ending
Old 05-09-2004, 08:49 PM
a people person

Quote:
Originally posted by Arioch
Alot of people dont understand that part, or the significance of neo dieing at the end, so they call it shitty.

He knew the only way to beat mr.smith was to sacrifice himself, ie. he let himself be infected so as he was hooked into the mainframe machine, they had a lock on the smith program. Then the main computer deletes the smith program (you can see it as it sends a jolt of electricity into neo's body).

Thus mr.smith is deleted and all the mr.smiths are destroyed. The movie leaves alot up to interpretation so alot of people dont get it and dont understand it...

Watch how many people respond to this thread saying the movie and the whole series is shit...
thanx arioch i thought it was a ok movie and the fight sene at the end was cool.
i just finished watching it again and before i read this i came up with a theory not as good as yours but here it is
when the orical tells neo that mr smith is hisopisite and the arctect is there to make balence and she is there to make it go out of balence. well what i thought is that she let mr smith take her over because she knew it would throw the matrix off balence when he took over neo, and throwing it out of balence so much as it was would kill him because the matrix needs balence

its hard to explain but i think your theory makes more sence any way
Old 05-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Chop! Chop!

Wow those are both good theories. Matrix Revolutions is probably my favorite movie. I love the matrix series way more than the Lord of the Rings series. I just thought Neo sacrificed all his power to kill him. But I will go with the first one you all proposed.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:46 PM
a people person

maby where not supposed to know
Old 05-09-2004, 10:16 PM
Post-Moderation

This is what makes the trilogy and its ending so good IMO. That its open ended, doesnt give you the typical hollywood ending, and leaves it so open to interpretation. It makes the series stronger as a whole i feal. I think youll find, as i have, the people who trash the ending and the interpretive nature of the third film wanted the matrix to be just another action movie.

While the people who like it and enjoy the trilogy for what it is, are often the people that were into the deeper significance of the movies as a whole....atleast thats been my expierence...
Old 05-10-2004, 05:09 AM
Banned

They should have left it at the first matrix. That movie was awesome. The 2nd a 3rd installments were too much bad cgi, too much bad acting, and too much meaningless conversations that didn't go anywhere. I "understood" the movie completely, just because it makes sense doesn't mean it's good.

I suppose you're all going to see chronicles of Riddick? It should be all the same crap you love from Matrix Revolutions. Vin Diesel is just as bad an actor as Keanu and it looks like half of the damn movie is going to be CGI.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:18 AM
Banned

I thought Pitch Black was cool,but I think i'll just wait for this one to come out on video.