Old 05-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to Leslie Daher
Van Helsing

So, who's geeked about this movie? i think the idea is brilliant and hugh jackman is cute and all but it looks a little too CGI for me? Any thoughts?
Old 05-03-2004, 12:10 PM
That fucking Guy...

I think the wolfman looks a little too big, drac looks pretty cool, the vamps have unusually big mouths (but then again, why would they need to operate within "human" parameters), and frank looks a little retarded...
The beasties look pretty "CGI", but hey, I didn't see many ppl complaining about LOTR...as for the rest of the movie, the cgi factor doesn't look THAT huge...as long as they don't CGI the fight scenes - that's what made blade 2 a little (no pun intended) suckfull...
Old 05-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Freddy Krueger. Send a message via Yahoo to Freddy Krueger.
Quote:
Originally posted by cheebacheeba
I think the wolfman looks a little too big, drac looks pretty cool, the vamps have unusually big mouths (but then again, why would they need to operate within "human" parameters), and frank looks a little retarded...
The beasties look pretty "CGI", but hey, I didn't see many ppl complaining about LOTR...as for the rest of the movie, the cgi factor doesn't look THAT huge...as long as they don't CGI the fight scenes - that's what made blade 2 a little (no pun intended) suckfull...
I agree on most parts. I never have seen a movie with a cool, realistic werewolf. Anyway, I think Franky looked stupid, ugly and not like what I expected. Still, it seems like its gonna be a good movie.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Scares Little Kids

I would pretty much agree with the above. I dont CGI as long as its used wisely (which doesnt neccersarily mean sparingly). Harryhausen made some real good movies with stop animation. CGI is just another tool. It's how its used that counts.

It looks like it's going to be one hell of a film.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Post-Moderation

Quote:
Ill pass, since when did filmakers need CGI to do VAMPIRES?!?! i think its gone to far, and the plot doesn't seem, IMHO, to have any redeaming qualities.
Old 05-07-2004, 05:47 AM
That fucking Guy...

Arioch, while I agree that they didn't NEED to cgi the vamps...I don't think they look too bad, as I said above, it's not as though they (if they were to exist) would have to operate within "human" structural parameters.
The guy who's doing this did the 2 (recent) Mummy films right?
The cgi in those was pretty damn good...until, of course, the
8-bit looking p.o.s that was the Scorpion King in #2...
If they go with the MAJORITY of the cgi style from the Mummy films, it should be quiet alright...
Old 05-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Nailhead

Personally, I love the idea of having all 3 of the greatest horror monsters in the same movie. I love that they revamped the whole Vampire look. Granted that Frankenstein does look a little retarded, but hell. He's just been brought back from the dead. I'd shell out 4 bucks to see it. that my own opinion though, to each his own i guess.
Old 05-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Evil Dead

I personally think this movie will be good, but it will completly slaughter everything about the classic creatures,and will ruin Van Helsing's reputation. But hey, it looks kool

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." – Dr. Seuss

"Someone called actors 'sculptors in snow.' Very apt. In the end, it's all nothing." – Vincent Price

The Oldest and Stongest Emotion of Man is Fear- H.P Lovecraft

Six bottles went down the drain
One hour's a waste of time
I'd ask if you feel the same
Still pushin that chance to try
Your breath in this cool room chill
Long hair that blows side to side
You speak and make time stand still
And each time you walk right on by
Old 05-07-2004, 02:17 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
van helsing has a reputation?
Old 05-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Horror Fan

I'll watch it if it ever comes on TV (which would be like four years from now). Not worth forking over the 8 bucks, agreeance on the too much CGI.