Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-10-2004, 12:00 AM
Now she has us.

Stand in the Road and get run over u fucktard.

why in so many newish horror films is there always a creepy scene where either a half dead, or ghost or some other person in some kind of transfixed state, always standing in the middle of the road when one of the main characters in the film is driving along the road or motorway, and they swerve and crash into a tree???

I just recently watched Gothika and The Eye(and there's quite a few other films I cant think of the names right now), and yet again there's a scene similar to this. Do directors feel this is the best way to add an important event in a film, whereby the main character is introduced to the 'scary' character??

It just seams weird to me why many directors include these scenes, not saying its a bad thing, but I reckon someones got a tarmac fetish they like acting out.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:04 AM
Undead

It's just a bunch of dumb people tryin to stray as far away from
originality as they can.these kind of movies has always used the same concepts and rip off eachother every damned day.

They have always used some wired kid that knows to much
(Shining, Ring, Gothika, Stir of Echoes)
Old 04-10-2004, 04:15 AM
Undead

Re: Stand in the Road and get run over u fucktard.

Quote:
Originally posted by ShankS
why in so many newish horror films is there always a creepy scene where either a half dead, or ghost or some other person in some kind of transfixed state, always standing in the middle of the road when one of the main characters in the film is driving along the road or motorway, and they swerve and crash into a tree???

I just recently watched Gothika and The Eye(and there's quite a few other films I cant think of the names right now), and yet again there's a scene similar to this. Do directors feel this is the best way to add an important event in a film, whereby the main character is introduced to the 'scary' character??

It just seams weird to me why many directors include these scenes, not saying its a bad thing, but I reckon someones got a tarmac fetish they like acting out.
Its bin going on since the 60s were people see a ghost in the and crash you are never going to get away from it. Its like all the teen films you always now who is going to get killed.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:07 AM
That fucking Guy...

If your prob is the "and they swerve and crash into a tree???"
part...if you haven't already, you should see Jeepers creepers, even if only for the scene that this common turn of events leads to...man, that shit made me laugh....
Old 04-10-2004, 11:14 AM
Banned

The Eye? But The Eye is Japanese! Japanese movies are original! YOU CANT TALK BAD ABOUT JAPANESE HORROR YOU BITCH! :rolleyes:
Old 04-10-2004, 12:27 PM
Now she has us.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sam The Egg
The Eye? But The Eye is Japanese! Japanese movies are original! YOU CANT TALK BAD ABOUT JAPANESE HORROR YOU BITCH! :rolleyes:
I wasnt talking bad about these films, I like these films btw.... hey I own The Eye and that film is cool. I see similar scenes in different films i.e. theres a character standing in the middle of the road, and just wondered why they always included them.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Avenger

Send a message via AIM to XFeaRX
Quote:
Originally posted by Khafka
It's just a bunch of dumb people tryin to stray as far away from
originality as they can.these kind of movies has always used the same concepts and rip off eachother every damned day.

They have always used some wired kid that knows to much
(Shining, Ring, Gothika, Stir of Echoes)
I know! What is up with all these little girls who are like ghosts who got killed and are seeking vengence? (Kind of veering off the point you were trying to make.)

First Stir Of Echoes (girl who got killed by two guys who tried to rape her), then The Ring (litle girl who got killed by her mother), and now Gothika (a girl who got killed by Halle Barry's husband and his friend).
Old 04-11-2004, 04:56 AM
That fucking Guy...

So...did anyone like "The gift"?
Old 04-16-2004, 05:03 PM
Fool's follow

Send a message via Yahoo to feral cat
THE EYE IS NOT JAPANESE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Pang brothers are Thai, hence there first movie being "Bancock Dangerous"

I think there is no originality in horror because thats what people want, look at the General Forum Where evryone is calling for classic horrors to be remade!!!!!!

Having said that the "figure in the road at night", does tap into a very real fear many people have, although its very overdone!

Feral Cat

ispitonyourmovie.com

REVIEWS

isoymAsia

Forum
Old 04-16-2004, 05:18 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
if i made a movie i would have them think its a ghost and just keep goin but it ends up bein a real person so they smash into them