Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-24-2003, 04:33 PM
Post-Moderation

i liked how the ring used psychological unsettlings like loud sounds, and instant flashed images to unnerve the audiance. Yes it is kinda slow, but its so refreshing to see a different kind of horror movie.

Im so tired of the same, type of scares used in horror movies. The violin holding that 1 high note to make you suspensefull. Its just tired. The way the ring was filmed was a somewhat different approach to a horror movie, its obviously not going to be appreciated by everyone. Some people just love the same old working idea.:rolleyes:
Old 01-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Scares Little Kids

I haven't seen The Ring yet, but from the looks of your posts, I'm not going to bother. I saw Ringu and loved it. But I read that the sequels to Ringu weren't that good either. That it ends up being a virus that kills people, not the video, or ghosts. Competely ruins it heh.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:25 AM
Evil Dead

I liked the movie much more the second time around. Didn't really care for it too much the first time around either though.
Old 01-07-2004, 11:56 AM
Evil Dead

Obviously people all have their own opions but I really liked this movie, it's definetly in my top 10. Horror movies to me don't always have to be fast paced and action filled, psychological thrillers that unravel the story as it goes are great too. I wish for the sequel they would go in the past and try to explain the tape and Samara better but from what I've seen that's not what's going to happen.
Old 01-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs down it sucks

that is the most dumbest movie i have ever saw
Old 01-11-2004, 09:24 AM

Re: it sucks

Quote:
Originally posted by freddy69
that is the most dumbest movie i have ever saw

Do I really have to say anything? *sigh* Okay, I will.

"That is the most dumbest..."

There is no need for a most here. That is the dumbest...etc. would have worked.

"...i have ever saw."

I'm fairly sure this is wrong, but don't quote me. First off, there is no need for the "ever" part. Second, I think "..I have seen." would be more accurate.

Put it all together, and you have:

"That is the dumbest movie I have seen."

Sorry to play the grammar police, but if you are going to dis something, saying it is dumb, please try to use correct grammar, or you just make yourself look dumb.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:44 AM
2killornot2kill

You should all so watch the japanness version on THE RING. Now that is scary. You will have to read sub-title but hey its scray.