Old 02-07-2005, 07:14 AM
Backyard Waterfall

"Biollante" sounds like a seafood pasta dish.

Looks like one, too!.....

I looked for a DVD of "Monster Zero" on Ebay, and you know people were selling those things for fifty dollars...FIFTY DOLLARS! I wish that Simitar company would re-emerge and put those cool widescreen discs out again......
Old 02-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
I think Biollante looks like what it is supose to be nothing more than a giant monster Rose. But Biollante in its 2nd form looks more like a giant monster man eating plant. Pasta dish? If your loking for a DVD of MonsterZero why not get one from Video Daikaiju uncut in original form not like the USA cut and dubbed versions. [email protected] e-mail them ask for a catalog they charge less than $50 alot less more like $20. But why buy an old 60s Godzilla movie why not one of the last 6 movies something recent.
Old 02-07-2005, 01:12 PM
Backyard Waterfall

Thanks, I'll check them out...I have always wanted to see an uncut Japanese version of "Monster Zero"...

I was lucky enough to see the American version projected a few months ago, and it was like a dream come true. Always been one of my favorites!
Old 02-07-2005, 02:37 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
Knife_fight most of the Godzilla songs and music were written and composed by Akira Ifukube. Other song/music writters were Takeyuki Hattori who wrote the music for Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla in 1994 and Reijiro Koroku wrote the music for Godzilla 1984/1985 and in 1989 Koichi Sugiyama wrote the music for Godzilla vs. Biollante. The music for Godzilla Mothra KingGhidora GMK for short in 2001 was written by Kow Otani and the music for Godzilla x MechaGodzilla in 2002 and its sequel Godzilla x Mothra x MechaGodzilla SOS in 2003 was written by Michiru Oshima. And Last years Godzilla Final Wars 2004 movie there was music by SUM41 a song titled We're All To Blame.
that's quite a bit of info that doesn't answer my question. What I was asking is if you like Blue Oyster Cult's song "Godzilla" or not. I assumed you'd be the BOC's biggest fan since they have that song.
And I wasn't really asking about the music that is actually in the Godzilla movies, I meant songs about Godzilla, similar to the BOC song.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Backyard Waterfall

I'm personally not a big big BIG fan of the BOC song, but it is part of the whole Godzilla "world," so it exists happily within my perspective, if you know what I mean. I do recall a long long time ago (mid-80's?) I think Channel 5 in Los Angeles had one of their Godzilla marathons, and they used that song for the commercial break intros. That was a good time, back when they used to have all-day Godzilla marathons on TV. Day after Thanksgiving was when I think they used to do it.

Also, back when the song was new, 500 promotional copies were sent to Famous Monsters magazine, and they cleverly designed a questionnaire contest (read: "market research poll"), offering a free copy of the single to the first 500 to send in the form.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Evil Dead

I dont think theres is a Godzilla fan in the world who doesnt like BOC Godzilla song. There is a song that is sung at the end of the original 1984 Godzilla movie mind you not the 1985 USA version but the uncut 84 version. You hear a woman singing this awesome song about Godzilla. IMO it rivals the BOC Godzilla song.

Filmmaker2 If you have seen the 1965 movie Godzilla vs. Monster here is a bit of trivia on the movie the scene when Fuji and Glenn are walking around Planet X in the Halls then go into a room and see a Ms. Namikawa lookalike on planet x then another look alike. It was actress Kumi Mizuno who played the part and then you saw her on Planet X the other look alike was her twin actress Mie Hama.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Backyard Waterfall

I'm assuming Mie Hama played the "twin" in the over-the shoulder shots (from behind)? Because when you see the two twins from the front, they both look like they're played by Kumi Mizuno, in a split screen image.......does that sound about right?

I like that song in the uncut Godzilla 1984; that's a neat song.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Evil Dead

Hi filmmaker2 when you see Kumi on Planet X holding a Box and another girl who looks just like her holding a diffrent box that was not split screen. Toho just asked Kumi Mizunos twin sister Mie Hama to play the other girl on planet X. Many people didnt even know Kumi and Mie were twin sisters at the time. Anyway thats how Toho pulled off that effect. Mie was not credited in the movie but Kumi was. If you really want to know about Kumi in MonsterZero it was rumored that Kumi and American actor Nick Adams were romanticly invloved. Kumi denys it but others say diffrent. The last movie I saw Kumi Mizuno in was Godzilla x MechaGodzilla she played the PrimeMinister of Japan. That movie came out in 2002.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:08 AM
Backyard Waterfall

Really? I had no idea, never heard anything about this! I did not know that Kumi Mizuno and Mie Hama were twin sisters...or that they were even sisters in the first place...

There's only one thing to do: Get out the old copy of MONSTER ZERO and check this scene out!
Old 02-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Evil Dead

Filmmaker2 some of these Toho actresses back in the 60s werent so bad looking a couple of them were in theJames Bond 007 movie You only live twice in 1967. Actress Mie Hama was in KingKong Escapes 1967 as Madam Piranah. Hama played the part of Kissy Suzuki Bonds love interst in You only live twice. Mie Hama was also in Playboy in June 1967 issue. Hama was seen mostly nude in the 1968 movie Night of the Seagull. she was also considerd the Bridget Bardot of Japan. The other famous Toho actress who was in You only live Twice was Akiko Wakabayashi she played the part of Priness Salno in Ghidora the 3 HeadedMonster 1964 and she was Aki the spy who helps Bond in You Only live Twice. I think all 3 actresses Kumi Mizuno Mie Hama and Akiko wakabayasi were in the movie The Lost World of Sinbad 1963. Intersting how the worlds 2 longest running movie series Godzilla and James Bond are linked by the actresses who worked in both movie series.