Old 09-25-2018, 06:43 AM
Evil Dead

Tales From The Crypt plot holes

The woman who wishes on the statue to bring her husband back from the dead asks for him to be brought back before the crash. But he died before the crash of a heart attack. So why on earth was he in a coffin embalmed?

He should just be dead.

And then she chops him up and he's in agony for ever. But on the base of the statue it says three wishes per owner. So why doesn't she just give the statue to the guy she's with and he can wish things back to normal.

Sorry for spoiling the film. ;)
Old 11-14-2018, 08:26 AM
Evil Dead

tales from the crypt

I thought this thread was going to be about Bordello of Blood. As so often happens, tries to be scary, funny, and sexy, and doesn't manage to be any of them.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:38 PM
Evil Dead

Having seen the 1972 film Tales from the Crypt on numerous occasions, the only thing I can say about the "Wish You Were Here" story is that it was based off of a comic book and, well, it became a story in a movie. Suspend belief and all.

The one I wonder about is the first story, "And All Through the House". Why is she so afraid to call the police?
There's a homicidal maniac on the loose the night she kills her husband. Beautiful!! How could a murder go better? Everyone would have thought the maniac did it, and she and Carol are off with the insurance money.
Great movie though, watch it all the time.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:35 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by endo View Post
Having seen the 1972 film Tales from the Crypt on numerous occasions, the only thing I can say about the "Wish You Were Here" story is that it was based off of a comic book and, well, it became a story in a movie. Suspend belief and all.

The one I wonder about is the first story, "And All Through the House". Why is she so afraid to call the police?
There's a homicidal maniac on the loose the night she kills her husband. Beautiful!! How could a murder go better? Everyone would have thought the maniac did it, and she and Carol are off with the insurance money.
Great movie though, watch it all the time.
good point. But she might have to do a little more than throw a candy cane on her husband and call the police. It would make a quite a film if she went outside and tried to attract the maniac into the house. sounds a bit 'home alone'.

Old 01-11-2019, 06:52 AM
Evil Dead

Anyone notice the joke newspaper that the dad is reading? THE BURELY OBSERVER? THere surely is a burly observer outside.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:58 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgetusk View Post
Anyone notice the joke newspaper that the dad is reading? THE BURELY OBSERVER? THere surely is a burly observer outside.
Wow, good catch! Love those background details. That's really funny too. Did you catch any others?