Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-13-2017, 04:15 PM
病気の

Logan, 2017. 7/10

Thumb resize.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:23 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Logan, 2017. 7/10

Thumb resize.
Did you like the ending, DD?

Old 04-13-2017, 07:01 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Back to back: Logan (2017) & Ghost in the Shell (2017)

Logan was fantastic. One of the best comic based films out there, and easily the high point of the franchise.

Ghost in the Shell was a goddamn mess. A pretty looking mess, but still a mess. Soulless, dumb regressive bullshit.

Side note - has anyone tried this newfangled "4DX" nonsense some theatres are offering now? It's like a theme park ride: the seats move, there's huge fans, they spray you with water, pump scents into the theatre - on top of your standard 3-D, of course. Like William Castle gone corporate. Ghost in the Shell was my first time trying it out, and probably my last. Super distracting and unnecessary. There's a fight scene in a reservoir kind of thing which was really cool with the spray, but otherwise it just seemed arbitrary.

Used in moderation, or as part of a schlocky 50's revival deal I could theoretically see it being a cool gimmick, but so far I've just got a headache.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:41 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Back to back: Logan (2017) & Ghost in the Shell (2017)

Logan was fantastic. One of the best comic based films out there, and easily the high point of the franchise.

Ghost in the Shell was a goddamn mess. A pretty looking mess, but still a mess. Soulless, dumb regressive bullshit.

Side note - has anyone tried this newfangled "4DX" nonsense some theatres are offering now? It's like a theme park ride: the seats move, there's huge fans, they spray you with water, pump scents into the theatre - on top of your standard 3-D, of course. Like William Castle gone corporate. Ghost in the Shell was my first time trying it out, and probably my last. Super distracting and unnecessary. There's a fight scene in a reservoir kind of thing which was really cool with the spray, but otherwise it just seemed arbitrary.

Used in moderation, or as part of a schlocky 50's revival deal I could theoretically see it being a cool gimmick, but so far I've just got a headache.
What did you like about Logan? You mean best of the Xmen series?

I thought it was a bit dull and clique. The sentimentality seemed hokey. I didn't get the girl, and Prof X seemed so detached (though I know he was sick), heck everyone seemed detached to me, but the film was really more character driven, so the lack of it was a dagger. Really, I enjoyed Logan the least of all the Xmen films.

Sorry Ghost in the Shell sucked. I liked the original animated version... I knew they had the material to work with.

The MGM Movie-Coasters (in Florida) were fantastic! The Simpson's Coaster blew me away. You know what those are? You sit in a coaster that 'moves' -- giving you centrifugal forces, but you're really in a theatre watching a 3D-film screen... I really didn't even understand how it worked, but it was great.

Last edited by Sculpt; 04-13-2017 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Kong: Skull Island (2017)
9/10

It's a ton of fun! Maybe you need a little understanding of the 1970's to fully appreciate the film, but the film manages to be completely familiar at the same time you don't know what's going to happen next. I found the story and characters delightfully accessible. This is an exciting action adventure nicely shot with well timed comic relief. I don't know how you do a film of this type much better than this.
ditto.....and Brie Larson was so easy on the eyes
Old 04-14-2017, 01:09 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Kong: Skull Island (2017)
9/10

It's a ton of fun! Maybe you need a little understanding of the 1970's to fully appreciate the film, but the film manages to be completely familiar at the same time you don't know what's going to happen next. I found the story and characters delightfully accessible. This is an exciting action adventure nicely shot with well timed comic relief. I don't know how you do a film of this type much better than this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
ditto.....and Brie Larson was so easy on the eyes
Double ditto!
Old 04-14-2017, 06:01 AM
Evil Dead

MR WOODCOCK (2007). Pretty funny flick about the Evil JR High Gym teacher (I had one in 8th Grade) who runs roughshod on a fat kid. He grows up, loses weight, becomes a success and when visiting Mom, finds that she is dating Mr Woodcock! Billy Bob thornton is very dry as the title character and even though Susan Sarandon is slumming playing the Mom, still looks like she's having fun. ***
Old 04-14-2017, 06:14 AM
Evil Dead

Beethoven's 2nd
Darkness Falls
Old 04-14-2017, 07:21 AM
Pirate of Bengal

FirstBorn (2016)

>>: C+

XX (2017)

>>: C
Old 04-14-2017, 07:58 AM
Evil Sweat