Old 12-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Scares Little Kids

Nice to meet you all...I'm here for help!

Hey Folks,

Greet to meet you all on here. I'm here in the hope that you fellow horror buffs can help me out. I’m trying to track down a rare cult '60s/'70s slasher that my pop keep going on about. He’s a horror fan like me, and for ages he’s been telling me about this black & white slasher he saw in the ‘60s about some stoned hippies that go off in a camper van, come across an old abandoned house, and then get hunted down one by one by a killer with a skull mask and a drill/corkscrew weapon for a hand? My pa reckons it’s still the best slasher he’s ever seen, but he can’t remember it’s freakin' name! I really wana check it out. Does the story sound familiar? Any leads or ideas you guys have would be cool. I think it came out in ’67 - ’69…cheers
Old 12-08-2008, 09:55 PM
HorrorFreak78

The Dark Beneath / Below / Beyond???

Hhhhmmm…Sounds like a cool film and killer! Sounds like a movie my pal Mick once told me about – I’ll have to check in with him. I haven’t seen it, and I’m not sure if he has, but I think it was called The Dark Beneath, or The Dark Below, or Beyond or something…would love to see it. Any of you horror buffs know anything more about it?
Old 12-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Scares Little Kids

More Clues...

Ahhh... goddam! What is it! Trying to drain more info out of my pa....

So... The killer lives in this old abandoned house in the stix like I said with his deranged Mum, he kills the hippies who have broken down in a van nearby by shoving his drill hand/arm through their heads/stomachs etc. (sweeeet!) and then takes them down to the basement of the house where he keeps them alive and tortures them.... classic. Not that enlightening I know, but might jolt your severed heads?! It might be bullshit, but he reckons the director was called Radford, or maybe Bradford??? Horror director in the ‘60s/’70s… I can’t find anyone that matches on IMDb though?

Thanks... we'll crack it
Old 12-11-2008, 06:15 PM
HorrorFreak78

The Dark Beneath / Below / Beyond???

Sorry for chasing you around all the forums GM! I’m just keen to help… and to be honest… I just really wana track down this film too! Sounds awesome! Did you run those titles The Dark Beneath/Below/Beyond past your dad? It really sounds like the film my friend told me about a while back…
Old 12-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Scares Little Kids

THE DARK BENEATH: Looks like we've found it!

Hey You Guys!!! (as Sloth might say) My dad is sure it was The Dark Beneath! Thanks Horror Freak! You are a legend - I appreciate you chasing me around the forums! So excited now – can’t wait to check it out. One of my pop's few good qualities is his great taste in horror! He's seen just about everything over the past 50 years. I've been trying to track this one down for years... so has he! Can't wait to see it! Have any of you guys seen it? I haven’t found anything about it on the web yet… any info you guys have on it would be cool, even better, do you know where I can buy it!

HorrorFreak78, can you ask your friend Mick about it?

Thanks again Guys :)
Old 12-12-2008, 03:04 AM
Cranky

Ah, good job, guy, running your charade.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/midnight-movie-2008

http://www.fatally-yours.com/intervi...idnight-movie/

http://forums.comingsoon.net/showthr...12#post2524512

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2922983

We've all been part of an attempt to build an urban legend about this so called rare horror movie from the 60s, which is, in fact, just part of the plot of a new film called "Midnight Movie."

Identical postings on many message boards across the internet, including the same revelations by the same guy, the same thanks in the same words, etc.

Jig's up, HorrorFreak & Gore Monster.

Don't bother with the denials... just admit it.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 12-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Scares Little Kids

'the Dark Beneath' & Midnight Movie

Ladies and Gentlemen,

You got us... and pretty early on to be honest. We had so much more fun and games in store for you, but alas, you thwarted us! You're too good... THE DARK BENEATH is indeed the film-within-the-film MIDNIGHT MOVIE that we are distributing. I hope you understand that the idea really wasn't to have a joke at your expense; we just wanted to take you on a fun journey of discovery through the world of horror and reward you with a great new film at the end of it.

We even had the 'world exclusive' of the original '60s trailer for THE DARK BENEATH in store for you! Check it out:

www.inquisitionfilm.com

We really didn't mean to waste your time, and apologise if you feel cheated. You beat us fair and square with your acute intellect and we will now scuttle away with our tails between our legs! Out of respect, we wanted to avoid traditional mindless spamming and approach you guys in a fashion we hoped you would eventually appreciate. We truly believe that Midnight Movie has all the makings of a cult classic, and is worthy of your attention. Although we clearly underestimated your horror acumen, I hope you can give us some credit for our efforts and get a chance to check out MIDNIGHT MOVIE.

www.midnightmovie.com
DVD RELEASED ON JANUARY 6TH
Old 12-14-2008, 09:23 PM
Cranky

It wasn't really that hard- simply type The Dark Beneath into google and the interviews with Midnight Movie's director come up.

We don't mind people announcing their new films in the proper forums when it's done with honesty. We're always on the lookout for new horror films. I know it must seem pretty hopeless to get your film noticed amidst all the dreck out there, but really- have confidence in your project, and that its quality will speak for itself.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 12-17-2008, 06:41 PM
My fucking sunblock blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore Monster View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen,

You got us... and pretty early on to be honest. We had so much more fun and games in store for you, but alas, you thwarted us! You're too good... THE DARK BENEATH is indeed the film-within-the-film MIDNIGHT MOVIE that we are distributing. I hope you understand that the idea really wasn't to have a joke at your expense; we just wanted to take you on a fun journey of discovery through the world of horror and reward you with a great new film at the end of it.

We even had the 'world exclusive' of the original '60s trailer for THE DARK BENEATH in store for you! Check it out:

www.inquisitionfilm.com

We really didn't mean to waste your time, and apologise if you feel cheated. You beat us fair and square with your acute intellect and we will now scuttle away with our tails between our legs! Out of respect, we wanted to avoid traditional mindless spamming and approach you guys in a fashion we hoped you would eventually appreciate. We truly believe that Midnight Movie has all the makings of a cult classic, and is worthy of your attention. Although we clearly underestimated your horror acumen, I hope you can give us some credit for our efforts and get a chance to check out MIDNIGHT MOVIE.

www.midnightmovie.com
DVD RELEASED ON JANUARY 6TH
:cool:

The Termin00ber!!!!!!!!!! :cool: