Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies

Old 04-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Damn, how'd you watch the bunny game? Couldn't make it past like 5 minutes.
It was pretty bad. With no plot, it's hard to stretch something like that to full length, and it was also just, in general, pretty stupid. Guinea Pig does plotless torture better, but that's typically more like 30 minutes. The artsy stuff was halfway interesting for like 2 minutes, but wore out its welcome real fast. Not recommended.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:19 AM
Evil Dead

Bumping this thread to limit discussion in the sticky thread.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:03 AM
Evil Dead

should rewatches be included?
Old 04-19-2015, 08:13 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
should rewatches be included?
Sure, why not! I think of this thread as a way to just see, in general, what everybody's watching over the time that we hang out around here. I don't think there are any rules -- do whatever you want. I include shorts, non-horror and TV (when I finish a season) too.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:52 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
Sure, why not! I think of this thread as a way to just see, in general, what everybody's watching over the time that we hang out around here. I don't think there are any rules -- do whatever you want. I include shorts, non-horror and TV (when I finish a season) too.
I've been including non horror as well. I've just forgotten to put rewatches, and then I don't remember when or what I watched. I have been including reevaluations, though, just because I'll watch some movies again to see if my tastes have changed. I think I'll only include ones that I've rated.

Last edited by horcrux2007; 04-19-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:27 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

I'm sticking to just listing horror. Just about all I watch lately anyway. lol
And I certainly include rewatches. Shows if a movie is worth a rewatch then it MUST be good.

Has anyone seen 'The Houses October Built'? I just watched and added it to my list. I have no idea what to think of it.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 04-21-2015, 03:14 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
I'm sticking to just listing horror. Just about all I watch lately anyway. lol
And I certainly include rewatches. Shows if a movie is worth a rewatch then it MUST be good.

Has anyone seen 'The Houses October Built'? I just watched and added it to my list. I have no idea what to think of it.
I thought it was kinda disappointing. The only thing it really did was make me more interested in extreme haunts.
Old 04-21-2015, 03:28 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Me too. Sadly I know of no year round haunts.

SPOILERS- But I think the movie was a little disappointing cause I actually wanted the characters to make it out this time. They weren't your stereotypical stupid and horny teenagers (okay strip club scene aside) that are just asking to be axed. But in a sense that also made it a good horror flick because they didn't. Scary as shit to be buried alive, so if they wanted to freak out their audience they chose an appropriate ending.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 04-21-2015, 03:43 PM
Evil Dead

I liked the characters as well. I just thought the pacing was horrible and the ending was them basically running around a haunted house. It seemed like the ending should have been much darker than it actually was. And was the whole thing supernatural or was it just some insane group of rednecks?
Old 04-21-2015, 06:25 PM
Evil Dead

I actually kinda liked it. I don't think it's necessarily a great movie, but there were scenes that I found pretty scary. Maybe that's because the redneck genre works for me, and I also have a general mistrust of any kind of loosely-regulated "ride"-style entertainment, like carnivals and haunts. I just feel like bad things, both accidental and malicious, might happen at those places.

I didn't mind the possible supernatural aspect, nor the vagueness around it, however I didn't think it was necessary. Straight up bad guys would have been enough.