Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-14-2005, 05:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by 42ndStreetFreak
Terribly bloated! A 30 mins, average old twist "Twilight Zone" episode drawn dreadfully out with almost 2 hours of padding.

The whole film was run of the mill and obviously only existing to deliver a twist...an obvious twist at that.

At least the "Sixth Sense" did something marginally interesting while it was building up to the twist.
an obvious twist !!
I usually see the 'twist endings coming a mile away'
Every single time.

The one thing that impressed me about The Others and 6th Sense both is not only were they fresh and origional.. well acted and tense ... they both delivered a twist ending i never saw coming ... and in a way that didnt feel like it was there as a gimmick.

I have a lot of respect for both of these films.

Your description of the film accurately describes The Village .. but not The Others - in my opinion.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:35 AM
The Dork Knight

i watched white chicks last night for the first time since i saw it at the theater and it was just as funny there's no way you can not laugh at a 6'4 280 pound black dude passionately singing a Michelle Branch song.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chainsawgirl
|I've also seen Flatliners recently.
One of Joels best movies.....
Old 01-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by slasherman
One of Joels best movies.....
yeah .. the one that came out just before his worst ..

his dying kid movie or whatever ..
Old 01-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Banned

I just saw Paycheck.
I had no idea what to expect, there were so many mixed reviews...I thought I'd go see it 'cos it was a John Woo action film.
I wasn't dissapointed.
I wouldn't mind watching it again to catch a few more things, but overall...I think I got pretty much all of it.
The movie wasn't like much of Woo's other stuff, although you could tell he was involved (of course, there had to be ONE gun to gun standoff). Great action sequences and stunts, the storyline...although initially confusing, ends up explaining itself very well, and is pretty interesting.
I saw elements of SO many other films in this one - Terminator, bourne Identity, 12 monkeys, memento, total recall, minority report and final destination...but at no point does it feel like it's immitating, or ripping off these films.
Some fun predictability, good twists and revelations, and a few jokes....again, nice action sequences overall make for a pretty entertaining movie....

- B.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:54 AM
..its only a movie...

i watched "The Living Daylights" last night for the 80th time.

As I was going up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away .
Old 01-14-2005, 11:59 AM
Banned

The most recent movie I watched was A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 5: The Dream Child I watched all the Elm Streets in order, excluding Freddy's Dead and New Nightmare, since I hate Freddy's Dead and New Nightmare was my favorite and I didn't want to ruin it.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:15 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Before I begin, I just wanted to mention that I despised Paycheck. Great premise, but thats about it. Bad acting, decent action sequences,,,,,I was very disapointed

Anyway, I just watched Street Fighter. Wow, thats what an action movie should be. I have [usually] nothing against smart action movies, but I love to relax with a good, mindless movie like that was. I loved it.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:34 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Now Im off to watch Chiller. I have VERY low expectations, but it still sounds decent-ish, maybe...
Old 01-15-2005, 05:54 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Oh my sweet lord

Chiller is the most retarted movie Ive ever seen. The only thing this shit is good for is starting a fire with the disc. I cant believe some of the shit Wes Craven has his name on, and he's still considered on of the masters of horror....