Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-31-2005, 08:27 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally posted by jenna26
It will be enough already when they stop making money off them. ... But we'll see.

That's the trouble. As long as we keep seeing them, they'll keep making them.

If you really don't want to see bastardizations of the old classics, stop going to see the remakes.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
Originally posted by Lamoreux
That's the trouble. As long as we keep seeing them, they'll keep making them.

If you really don't want to see bastardizations of the old classics, stop going to see the remakes.
Most people just don't care. I have accepted this. But I still have the right to bitch dammit. Lol. :p I do watch them all, but I always wait and add them to my Netflix list. No way am I paying ten dollars to watch Paris Hilton run around in her bra....:rolleyes: ;)
Old 07-31-2005, 08:59 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally posted by jenna26
.... No way am I paying ten dollars to watch Paris Hilton run around in her bra....:rolleyes: ;)
Watching Paris Hilton die was one of the very few bright spots in that particular remake.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:48 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
Originally posted by Lamoreux
Watching Paris Hilton die was one of the very few bright spots in that particular remake.
Yep, I kind of figured that was the highlight of the film.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:49 PM
Scares Little Kids

Post Remakes

Perhaps I can offer a little insider insight.

There is no dirth to new ideas out there today. As a fact, come recent classics have shown that. Some producers/directors repeatedly come out with good material.

The key to remakes is pure and simple an economic one.

1) They are tried and true formulas with a ready-made viewer base. Contemporary commercials films run into the millions of dollars to film and to market. A guaranteed minimal return is too often the deciding factor as to which titles get made.

2) There are very few decent actors (male and female) around today. As with popular music, this lack of any genuine talent is offset by technological tricks and the "no competition anyway"-effect.

3) Contemporary (younger) audiences are victims to all this. Put plainly, they have been brainwashed to accept marketing in lieu of quality. Let's face it, with DVD's, I-Pods, etc., it's really disheartening to admit that there's almost nothing contemporary worth putting in these great media. Remakes offer a semblance of worthiness. It's a way to capitalize on the quality of the past.

4) You've all said it well: stop shelling out money and they'll stop insulting your intelligence. Problem: Aptly said, there's a sucker born every minute"; there are just too many others who WILL shell out their money; and when the DVD goes on clearance for $6.99, be truthful, even we'll buy it JUST TO KEEP OUR COLLECTION UP-TO-DATE.

5) Finally, there's the special-effects/modern technology angle. Even if it's only reflected in 1 or 2 "cool" scenes ... it draws the flies.

A word of hope: None of us is forced to subsist on today's market. In a sense, every decade now belongs to every consumer. If only 3 worthy contenders arise each year --- that's 3 more to add to an already commendable list of classics.

The best thing about media today is our ability to customize choice completely. We have that control. Unfortunately, we are also (or we WERE ONCE also) human; humans are curious; curiosity killed the cat!
Old 08-03-2005, 07:58 PM
PRIVATE EYE

Send a message via AIM to nine9
This is INSANE! The original was perfect.........no need......but I guess another excuse to collect money........:rolleyes:
Old 08-04-2005, 06:13 AM
Tonight's the nght.

......Next up

Halloween

Hellraiser

Friday the 13th

Nightmare On Elm Street

and preety much any other horror film

but have hope horror fans i have told some of u my ideas for some original horror

It's just a matter of time.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Evil Dead

Omen Possesses Schreiber & Stiles
Source: Variety
August 10, 2005

Liev Schreiber and Julia Stiles are in talks to reprise the roles played by Gregory Peck and Lee Remick in Fox's remake of 1976 horror classic The Omen, reports Variety.

Deals for the duo clear the way for an October start to filming on the thriller, titled The Omen 666. Fox has already scheduled a 6/6/06 release date, a Tuesday.

Richard Donner directed the original. Fox-based director John Moore (Flight of the Phoenix) will take on the new version written by Dan McDermott (Selling Time).

Schreiber wrote and directed Everything is Illuminated, starring Elijah Wood and opening next month.