Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Evil Dead

Three Extremes - What?!

SPOILERS AHEAD

Hi guys.

I watched 2 of the 3 flicks on the Three Extremes release last night. I was quite tired, and that might partially explain why I did not fully understand these flicks.

I watched cut. Some questions remain unanswered in my case. Who was that kid? And why did the victim kill the woman. Wasn't it his wife?

Then I watched Box. I did not quite understand the ending. So the protagonist lived with the ghost of her dead sister?

Great flicks, but quite different from most modern American horror. Left me impressed and confused
Old 04-24-2009, 08:11 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I watched cut. Some questions remain unanswered in my case. Who was that kid? And why did the victim kill the woman. Wasn't it his wife?
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

In reference to the kid. The killer originally stated that the kid was a girl that he picked up on the way to kidnap the director. The director could free himself and his wife only if he killed the child. This was presumably to corrupt him as he had been kidnapped because he was a good man. The kidnapper told the director that he (the kidnapper) was not a good man and he had killed his wife before coming to kidnap the director. The kidnapper also wanted to kill his own son but I believe he states that he could not do that. At the end of the movie we discover that the child is the kidnapper's son dressed up as a girl.
I think the director killed his wife because he went nuts.

Quote:
Then I watched Box. I did not quite understand the ending. So the protagonist lived with the ghost of her dead sister?
No. The protatgonist was a siamese twin. The entire movie was a dream. Her sister was alive, well and attached to her.

Of course these are only my interpretations of the movies. I think really good movies are open to interpretation.

End Spoiler.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:24 AM
Evil Dead

You're most likely right. I thought about the fact that the child could indeed be the villains son, who he could not get himself to kill, because it was too hard.

You're probably right about the director going insane also, it seems like the only explanation.

And as for the girls, I now remember seeing the two girls being attached at the end of the movie - But I could not figure out, if that was a dream as well.
- So they were never acrobats, and their father never molested them?

I should probably stop trying to look for explanations. But being used to Euro/American flicks, where everything usually gets explained at the end, these two flicks puzzled me.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
- So they were never acrobats, and their father never molested them?
Nope - all just a dream. You should watch Dumplings as well - but perhaps not while eating. It was a bit gross.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Evil Dead

I watched it last night. I was quite amused by it. Quite decent flick indeed.
My girlfriend found it very disturbing tho. She felt the same way about the abortion scenes in Miike's Imprint
Old 07-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Little Boo

you idiots, it's obvious the child was the villains son, (otherwise why would they have shown it to be a male) and that the man was delusional while killing his own wife. this film should not have been included with the other 2 due to it's lack of substance. for future viewers... don't read more into "cut" than meets the eye, because there isn't anything more than a shallow attempt to delve into the human ability to self preserve (own or those who impact self) it's just not there in this film. the other 2 films are masterpieces.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Drunken Master

Why would u join a forum search out a thread on your favorite horror collection and then start it out callin the posters idiots. I assume it is your favorite with one post and you went right to it. Whats wrong with you dude. People have no class these days. Even if you felt that way there is a wrong way and a right way to post. Even I know that and I'm not exactly an old school on this forum by no means. N came sideways right out the gate.

I've spent most of my life walking down the street in a Karate suit whoopin bad guys.-So High
Old 07-12-2012, 09:42 PM
Putrid polemicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay ten View Post
you idiots, it's obvious the child was the villains son, (otherwise why would they have shown it to be a male) and that the man was delusional while killing his own wife. this film should not have been included with the other 2 due to it's lack of substance. for future viewers... don't read more into "cut" than meets the eye, because there isn't anything more than a shallow attempt to delve into the human ability to self preserve (own or those who impact self) it's just not there in this film. the other 2 films are masterpieces.
YOU ARE RIGHT! EVERYONE IS IDIOTS!!!!11

YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT CUT!!!!!

POST MOAR!!!!!11 LOL:D:cool::p:eek: