Old 03-08-2014, 05:35 AM
Little Boo

Horror Film Covers

Hello!

I was just clearing out some of my VHS and I wanted to double check on some of them before I give them away in case they have any value. In particular these. I think the Halloween is the original VHS release cover. I don't know about the others I can't imagine they are rare or anything but wanted to check.

I also have this JC's The Thing VHS

Any thoughts? I'm not expecting much but thought it was worth double checking :)

TIA
Old 03-08-2014, 07:34 AM
Horror Fan

Thumbs up

There is a niche market for these. Putting them on ebay for a week might be worth the while.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Little Boo

Thanks for the reply.

Do you think? I've seen quite a few on their but I don't know what the success rate would be for selling them. I don't know if people actively search for these, or they just get listed and never sold :P
Old 03-08-2014, 07:58 AM
Midnight toker

You might be better off just selling them as a bundle, I cant see anything there that is rare and all the movies are available on dvd/ bluray, so probably not worth more than a few £ or $ each. I might be wrong though, not really an expert on these things.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:11 AM
Little Boo

Yeah that's the thing isn't it. I didn't know if they might be interesting to a collector. Simply because there are a few films that I love that I like to keep on multi formats. I have Hackers (1995) on VHS, DVD, UMD, OST and Laserdisc, for example. Unfortunately MGM won't release it on bluray!!

I'll probably keep the NoES ones as I really like that 80's hand drawn artwork. I might even take them out and frame them :P

The red Halloween had me interested because I couldn't find a reference anywhere and was hoping it was rare. I have a die hard Halloween friend who suggested it was first edition VHS (later changing to blue before the common pumpkin head cover)
Old 03-09-2014, 02:12 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Many horror VHS are still work a fair bit of money - unfortunely collectors are mostly looking for pre-VRA stuff and most of yours look like certed Sell-Thru releases.

I need to go through my VHS collection too. I will post pix if I ever get around to it. I may have to wait til Niles (my helper monkey) gets out of rehab.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:28 AM
Misanthrope

That Return of the Living Dead II tape is probably worth listing because the DVD release had a different soundtrack. The version in the pic doesn't appear to be listed either so that could work in your favor.

If the Braindead tape is the same cut as the one we got in NZ it might be worth listing too because it has footage that's not in other versions (the baby attack scene is longer with more gore plus some other shit I forget). It still has additional scenes compared to the Dead-Alive unrated and R versions so someone will probably want it.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:52 AM
Little Boo

Awesome thanks.

I checked the Braindead, it appears to be the British Uncut release running at 100 minutes :)
Old 03-12-2014, 03:48 AM
Scares Little Kids

I took a look over at ebay most are selling for afew bucks each. Not 100% if any of them are rare if they are the might go for $20.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinobite View Post

I'll probably keep the NoES ones as I really like that 80's hand drawn artwork. I might even take them out and frame them :P
All the original Nightmare poster/box art are among my favourite promotional artwork ever. Really evocative stuff; that is, until NOES 5. Even that one though, gave me a slight chill.

Tags
covers, horror, posters, vhs