Old 10-18-2016, 07:10 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossInTheWall View Post
Independence Day Resurgence.

Oy vey. SO bad. Plot holes all over the place. Stealing from other sci-fi films everywhere. Nothing good or redeeming. I would have turned it off 20 minutes in, but my mom wanted to finish and me to keep her company(was visiting).

1/10
I actually enjoyed it much the same way i enjoyed Jurassic World. Its terrible but in a SyFy original movie kind of way where its so bad its entertaining

Old 10-19-2016, 02:00 AM
Evil Dead

Jack Goes Home (2016) - Too complicated, too many plot lines, pointless jump scares, and no real ending. just a mess of a movie. 5/10
Old 10-19-2016, 03:15 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Invoking 3: Paranormal Dimensions (2016)

This low budget horror anthology is more like a handful collection of horror shorts. Not bad...found couple of them quite decent actually.

>>: B-

Patient Seven (2016)

>>: C+
Old 10-20-2016, 02:53 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Possession Experiment (2016)

>>: D

Yoga Hosers (2016)

>>: D+

Don't Breathe (2016)

A home invasion flick kinda done in haunted house style! Enjoyed it thoroughly but the twist in the middle felt kinda cliched.

>>: B+
Old 10-20-2016, 03:10 AM
Evil Dead

!!!HALLOWEEN HORROR MONTH!!!

120 Days of Sodom (1975)
I.M.D.B.
Four fascist libertines round up nine adolescent boys and girls and subject them to one hundred and twenty days of physical, mental and sexual torture.

A lot of shit eating in this one. Weird maniacal acting, like villains in a cartoon. Perhaps that was intended - excessive acting to fit with the theme of excess. There was just...way too much shit eating. It was interesting to watch, but in a rubber-necking-a-car-accident kind of way. It's interesting because it's weird. But I can't say I really enjoyed it.
5/10

The Possession of Michael King (2014)
I.M.D.B.
After poor advice from a psychic leads to the death of his wife, a man vows to disprove the existence of the paranormal by allowing himself to be possessed by demons.

Took me a while to get into it, as there's some awkward acting in the beginning. But I quite liked the idea of documenting the possession. There were a few too many sudden loud noises to make you jump, but overall it was enjoyable. Not a fan of possession movies so much, but I quite liked this one.
7/10

The Devil's Backbone (2001)
I.M.D.B.
After Carlos, a 12-year-old whose father has died in the Spanish Civil War, arrives at an ominous boy's orphanage he discovers the school is haunted and has many dark secrets that he must uncover.

I've never been much of a fan of Guillermo's work. I find his movies somewhat mismatching - it's as though they're children's horror movies, but with the violence of an r rated movie. Often the background orchestra is light and almost playful which juxtaposes the fearful imagery on screen. It's almost as though his movies are conflicted, unsure of what they're meant to be. And I can never shake that feeling as I'm watching. This one was no different. While well made in many respects, I find the moments of fear and tension miss the mark.
7/10
Old 10-20-2016, 12:12 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

Yoga Hosers (2016)

>>: D+

Yea, that one was all over the place and the two lead actresses wasn't very good. I really haven't got any positive things to say about it other than it was fairly entertaining, in a Clerks kinda way.

5/10
Old 10-21-2016, 12:55 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglewitch View Post
I agree.

Plus the original was already funny.
So when you try to remake something that is already funny, and try to make it funnier, you end up getting crap.
Humor's a very subjective thing I guess. That's why I rarely recommend comedies to anyone. When I watched it I didn't compare it to the original in any way. It was just a fun movie night with the wife. I kinda wished they had done a sequel though (with the new cast) rather than a reboot.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:42 AM
Horror > Everything

Willow Creek
Bigfoot movies almost always entertain me, and this one definitely does.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:17 AM
Evil Dead

THE SKELETON KEY (2005). Although I find Kate Hudson as irritating as Tom Cruise/Julia Roberts, this is still a pretty decent flick. Some genuine suspense and worth checking out. ***
Old 10-21-2016, 07:06 AM
Evil Dead

High Tension

Open Season Scared Silly

Last edited by Amalthea_unicorn; 10-21-2016 at 07:12 AM.

Tags
movie