Old 07-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Scares Little Kids

Horror Tattoo Artists

edit SORRY. For some reason there was only like 3 topics showing and the search didnt work. So there actually was a tattoo topic. Sorry sorry... edit

Hey. I just thought I will tell people about a good tattoo deal that my buddy English Jonny has. And since you dont have any talk about tattoos in general, I can suggest people some other good artists, so this isnt just a shameless blug :p

I myself write tattoo interviews, can you say that I write them?, well anyway. I write interviews for tattoonow.com. There are music interviews too. I just have started, so music stuff isnt up yeat.

And I love tattoos. And I interviewed Jonny a while back because he is a up and coming tattoo artist who need publicity. Here is the interview. So I am more than happy to hustle for him. And Jonny didnt ask me to do this, I just listen to too much punk ;)

But Jonny work in Midlands Michigan in Black Ball Tattoo and right now he has a deal on horror tattoos. I will quote him myself from another forums.

Quote:
Im giving 30% off horror ink pieces done in full color. If you have a movie idea or piece you may be interested in shoot us a message or give us a call.
Here are couple of pics of his work. The first one was actually his first realistic/semi realistic color tattoo ever and the second one (the skeleton) just one the took best of the day at Altered Skin 07. And that was like his 3 one ever. Here are the pics.

and the skeleton

So he really has some skill and can get only better. So I am hoping that if people are in here intrested on getting horror tattoos, then he is a great choice, since now he has the discount and is eager to do this kinda stuff.

Here is the info etc.

Blackball Tattoo in 3126 N. Jefferson Ave. • Midland MI. (989) 835-6672

www.myspace.com/lokiean

He will also propably be at this years Screamfest Horror Convention

www.spookyempire.com

So as promised here are some other great horror artists

Paul Booth www.darkimages.com

Well, I gues he is one of the house hold tattoo artist names that everyone knows. He started looong time ago and is one of the most respected artists because he has pushed tattooing forward and made it a art form that is more and more respected in serious art circles too. The grandaddy of this stuff.

Bob Tyrrel http://bobtyrrell.com

One of the most respected realism artists at the moment. He is so good that it hurts. One of the corner stones that other artists are judged by.

Dan Henk www.danhenk.com

One of the best realistic horror tattoo artists at the moment. Crazy ass detail that holds its own when put against people like Robert Hernandez or Bob Tyrrel. Like all great modern tattoo artists, he too is all over the place, with art shows and illustration for big name magazines.

Paul Acker www.fixedarmy.com

The new breed of horror artists but amazing none the less. This kid lives and breathes horror. Check out his interview in here

Gunnar http://nohappyending.com

Gunnar does New-School comic type stuff and his horror is more in the vein of the Munsters. Really skilled.

There are some. If you have any questions just ask.
If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always. I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you. -Henry Rollins-

Last edited by Pyrrhus Darwin Castello; 09-18-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 12:45 AM
Scares Little Kids

And if anyone is thinking of any other type of tattoo and doesnt know a good artist, I will be happy to help :)
If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I will write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always. I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you. -Henry Rollins-
Old 07-31-2007, 04:32 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Cool stuff, man. I'm getting a new tattoo on Friday from Caleb at Studio City Tattoos in Studio City, Ca.

I'll post a photo of it this weekend.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 07-31-2007, 11:00 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
Cool stuff, man. I'm getting a new tattoo on Friday from Caleb at Studio City Tattoos in Studio City, Ca.

I'll post a photo of it this weekend.
Cool man :)

I forgot some artists that has to be mentioned. They all dont just do horror stuff, but have the same mysterious, otherwordly and folk vibe. (As I would consider horror movies, comics etc. as folk/people art)

Jesse Smith www.kaoticenzymes.com

One of the best and most original New-School artists out there. He has a wicked fun vibe in his work. Little Shaun Of The Dead and Corpse Bride. People who play too much video games tattoo like this.

Uncle Allan www.uncleallan.com

Artsy Neo-Traditionalism. He has this weird Twin Peaks/Mounted animals vibe in his work. Kinda spooky death aura. Electrick Picks Ghost Recon sniper buddy.

Electrick Pick www.electricpick.com

Uncle Allans co-conspirator. Has great mix of comic books and architecture in his work. He defines New-School with his killer robots and take no prisoners scientist babes.

Joshua Carlton www.joshuacarlton.com

The master of so called dreamworld realism. One of the best examples of how tattoo artists are just that, artists. He paints just like he tattoos and vise versa. Things that are make believe, look like they really exist.

Rudy Fritsch www.originalclassictattoo.com

Vibrant and artistic Neo-Traditonalism that has this cool 50´s B-Horror Movie vibe in them. And a little bit of The Toxic Avenger and fancy poster art thrown in.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:53 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I adore the work of Uncle Allan - fantastic.

I seriously thought I was going to make it as an actor, so I held off on the sleeves I wanted soooo badly. Now I'm married with kids and only have a couple of tattoos and a pierced nipple to show for my lifelong fetishizing of the art of body modification.

I love the sugar-skull design (that my wife created) that I'm getting done on Friday, but I'm already looking forward to the next one...the upper arm will be a half-sleeve of swirling ghosts from around the world...

A Banshee, a Japanese ghost, La Llorona, and anything else I can come up with.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 08-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Scares Little Kids

The best tattoos are the onest that mean something, as the one your wife has designed :) Do you have a artist picked out for the half sleeves? If the La Llorona is as the movie, that is B&G, and if you really want to go all out (as the top of the class), someone like Kore Flatmo would be amazing

www.plurabella.com
Old 08-04-2007, 06:04 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

[IMG][/IMG]

here it is

Francis Bacon
Old 08-05-2007, 12:51 AM
Alien life form

I've yet to find a tattooist in the UK who can do a HR Giger *Alien* for me.

I'm considering a top of thigh to ankle one.

The tattooists you mention are all fantastic but they are thousands of miles away from me!! :(
Old 08-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Scares Little Kids

The skull is great man! It has a womans touch on it definetly :)
Old 08-05-2007, 01:50 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbut View Post
I've yet to find a tattooist in the UK who can do a HR Giger *Alien* for me.

I'm considering a top of thigh to ankle one.

The tattooists you mention are all fantastic but they are thousands of miles away from me!! :(
Dont worry. Here are two great one´s in your country :)

Kamil Mocet www.kamiltattoos.com

@ Evil From The Needle

Located 232 Camden High Street, London

The shop is open 7 days a week, 11am till 6pm. Call us on 0044 (0)20 7482 2412 for information

Piotrek Taton http://tatontattoos.com

@ Frith Street Tattoo

Located 18 Frith Street Soho, London

tel: 02077348180

Hope this helps :)