Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Evil Dead

Ju-On: The Grudge

5/10

I had a less than spectacular time watching this movie. My biggest problem with this film was that it was told out of order which was somewhat confusing. It was probably because I didn't know it was told in a nonlinear way, and I had to look that up to see what the hell was going on. "The Grudge" isn't a terrible film. It favors dark hallways and creepy noises, something anyone can relate to, rather than excessive blood, but I couldn't find much to be scared of in this film and was bored most of the time. I must say, though, the scariest parts were the Hitori and Toyama segments. I might need to watch this again to get more into the film than I was last time.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:18 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
"The Chanting 1 & 2" 6-7/10

Above average asian haunted house movies. The first one has the better story, the second has the better scares.
Watched the first part last night, it was indeed another pretty decent horror flick from Indonesia. Found it on youtube but couldn't find the 2nd part with English subs so far. Have you downloaded the 2nd one? Then please share me the link. There's also a 3rd one btw.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:34 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Watched the first part last night, it was indeed another pretty decent horror flick from Indonesia. Found it on youtube but couldn't find the 2nd part with English subs so far. Have you downloaded the 2nd one? Then please share me the link. There's also a 3rd one btw.
I saw both on Youtube.

But the second movie only have a subtitled version in 2 parts where the second part is missing. That's the version i saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m9Q2yTfncE

But it's only the last 15 minutes missing, so i found another version on youtube and saw the rest without subtitles.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:37 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
I saw both on Youtube.

But the second movie only have a subtitled version in 2 parts where the second part is missing. That's the version i saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m9Q2yTfncE

But it's only the last 15 minutes missing, so i found another version on youtube and saw the rest without subtitles.
lolz! I guess then the last 15 minutes are totally action packed with creepy stuffs. I found that upload too and not quite interested as the last segment was missing but now as it seems this is the only way available to watch this shit then I'll give it a watch soon. Thanks, man!
Old 09-06-2014, 12:03 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
lolz! I guess then the last 15 minutes are totally action packed with creepy stuffs. I found that upload too and not quite interested as the last segment was missing but now as it seems this is the only way available to watch this shit then I'll give it a watch soon. Thanks, man!
Yea, you can more or less figure out what's going on the last 15 minutes.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Scares Little Kids

Couple Asian movies!

Godzilla Tokyo S.O.S [ゴジラ×モスラ×メカゴジラ 東京SOS] (2003)
[*Gojira tai Mosura tai Mekagojira Tōkyō SOS]

Special effects were sweet. Godzilla beating Mechagodzilla into a scrap metal. Is there anything that I wouldn't like? One of the Millennium-era movies.
(Japanese)

Visitor Q [ビジターQ] (2001)
[*Bijitā Q]

Takashi Miike, he seems to give very mixed opinions and messages in his films... But, this was something, that I was kind of glad to witness. It was dark comedy, social commentary and it had very crooked plot.
About father who tries to make a documentary about violence and corruption of youth, but his family is not much better. We meet stranger, who just hooks up with family and is pretty okay for what is happening inside of closed doors. Includes whole bunch of taboos.
Recommended! (The beginning seems little slow, but it does not really matter, what will happen afterwards).
(Japanese)

Pulgasari (1985)

One of the most infamous kaiju/monster movies of all time. Or anything that matter. Made by the help of, kidnapped director and his wife, who escaped from the clutches of North Korean government. I think story was that, Kim Jong-il was so big fan of the Godzilla movies, that he thought, that maybe his people needed something similar. IN THE NAME OF GREAT DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF KOREA!!!

So story goes like this. There is Korean people in agony and hunger. A big bad landlord takes all their metals/tools and food for his army. There is an old man, who rebels against the enslaving authority. He gets captured and dies. Before his death, he makes this clay(?) monster-thing.
His daughter gets this tiny statue, accidentally cuts herself, drops blood on it and it brings creature alive.
Creature eats only metal and later on joins on the side of the enslaved people. I really don't want to give anything up...
So, it has this propaganda going on, which is obvious if you know anything about the country where it came from.
Special effects are cheap, but I think, this was the "best" that they could come up with.
It really was, interesting piece about history of cinema and specially kind of history, where the country is very isolated.
Not really great movie, but check it out if you are interested!
(North-Korea)
Old 09-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Evil Dead

Visitor Q was one of the most bizarre movies I've ever seen. Takshi Miike's films, for the most part, kinda turn me off. Audition is really the only one that I whole-heartedly liked.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:58 AM
Scares Little Kids

Response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Visitor Q was one of the most bizarre movies I've ever seen. Takshi Miike's films, for the most part, kinda turn me off. Audition is really the only one that I whole-heartedly liked.
Yeah, it was weird, not going to say "Oh yeah, this happens every day in my neighborhood." Haha!

Audition was good movie. Gotta love the last (30 minute? Last hour?) when things get really intense. That was a social commentary too. I think it's about, how women are seen and portrayed/treated in Japanese strict, conservative social molds and morals. In the end, life is hard both of them, male or female.
[No, I am NOT going to start gender-related conversation, which ends in wars against side or another. I have seen cases like that too much.]

But, hey horcrux2007, I respect your opinion! That's cool and stuff!
Old 09-08-2014, 02:18 PM
No, fuck YOU

My Miike favorite is One Missed Call. Probably his most mainstream movie to date.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
My Miike favorite is One Missed Call. Probably his most mainstream movie to date.
I haven't seen the original; I've only seen the god awful remake.