Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-15-2012, 12:03 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
yeah, this second one is nothing but a bunch of hipsters in my opinion. "omg i got membership in the church of satan, it's soo cooool"...fuckers, spoil all good ideas
I wouldn't say they are hipsters. Hipsters in my book are people who hate ALL mainstream things because they think it's cool to hate them. Satanists consider themselves adversaries of mainstream religious practices and behaviour which they define as "herd conformity", seeing it as stifling to individuality, creativity, and progress. Satanism is really just another religion except they don't believe in God or the devil. Here are some of their ideas:

The Nine Satanic Statements

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.
2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit.
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates.
5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires.
7. Satan represents man as just another animal (sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours), who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all.
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification.
9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years.

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s home, show them respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your home annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm young children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.

The Nine Satanic Sins

1. Stupidity
2. Pretentiousness
3. Solipsism (I had to look this one up, it means the extreme preoccupation with and indulgence of one's feelings, desires, etc.; egoistic self-absorption.)
4. Self-deceit
5. Herd Conformity
6. Lack of Perspective
7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies (something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package and used to brainwash people into accepting something as new and different when really it is not)
8. Counterproductive Pride
9. Lack of Aesthetics

Keep in mind, this is all coming from Wikipedia. My Satanic Bible and Verses is packed away in a box somewhere so I'm going off of memory and wiki.

Last edited by Bob Gray; 08-15-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
Keep in mind, this is all coming from Wikipedia. My Satanic Bible and Verses is packed away in a box somewhere so I'm going off of memory and wiki.
I have mine sitting in my library if you'd like me to look anything up for reference.

I have:
-The Satanic Bible
-The Satanic Witch
-The Satanic Rituals
-The Devil's Notebook
-The Secret Life of a Satanist (LaVey's biography)
Old 08-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atraxi View Post
I have mine sitting in my library if you'd like me to look anything up for reference.

I have:
-The Satanic Bible
-The Satanic Witch
-The Satanic Rituals
-The Devil's Notebook
-The Secret Life of a Satanist (LaVey's biography)
I have the Satanic Bible and Rituals.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

Quote:
I have the Satanic Bible and Rituals.
Is Rituals by LaVey or Gilmore? I have the one by LaVey but I think Gilmore wrote a follow up. I'll have to go back and look.

Back on point- there's nothing scary about LaVeyan Satanism and if you're not convinced, watch Satanis: The Devils Mass.

Last edited by Atraxi; 08-15-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atraxi View Post
Is Rituals by LaVey or Gilmore? I have the one by LaVey but I think Gilmore wrote a follow up. I'll have to go back and look.

Back on point- there's nothing scary about LaVeyan Satanism and if you're not convinced, watch Satanis: The Devils Mass.
I agree, they're pretty regular people really.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:32 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
i don't really care how to call them, but satanism is not mainstream. there are 6 main religions and satanism is not one of them. so it's not mainstream.
and my point is, they shouldn't call "satanism" something that has nothing to do with it. satanism is just a cool word that attracts hipsters and other junk. if they'd call it laveyism, who would care? no one
Who cares about mainstream religions? Who cares if you think they shouldn't be called satanism? So what, I spouted out some useless info, you don't like it, I don't care.

Last edited by Bob Gray; 08-21-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:43 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I wouldn't say they are hipsters. Hipsters in my book are people who hate ALL mainstream things because they think it's cool to hate them. Satanists consider themselves adversaries of mainstream religious practices and behaviour which they define as "herd conformity", seeing it as stifling to individuality, creativity, and progress. Satanism is really just another religion except they don't believe in God or the devil. Here are some of their ideas:

The Nine Satanic Statements

1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.
2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams.
3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit.
4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates.
5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.
6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires.
7. Satan represents man as just another animal (sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all fours), who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all.
8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification.
9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years.

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s home, show them respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your home annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm young children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.

The Nine Satanic Sins

1. Stupidity
2. Pretentiousness
3. Solipsism (I had to look this one up, it means the extreme preoccupation with and indulgence of one's feelings, desires, etc.; egoistic self-absorption.)
4. Self-deceit
5. Herd Conformity
6. Lack of Perspective
7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies (something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package and used to brainwash people into accepting something as new and different when really it is not)
8. Counterproductive Pride
9. Lack of Aesthetics

So basically when im in the Asda shopping and people stop in the middle of the aisles to talk im allowed to destroy them because they are 'bothering' me?(if of course ive asked them to move first..naturally! ~cooool!
Old 08-16-2012, 08:03 AM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dara View Post
So basically when im in the Asda shopping and people stop in the middle of the aisles to talk im allowed to destroy them because they are 'bothering' me?(if of course ive asked them to move first..naturally! ~cooool!
I don't think they mean you should actually physically destroy them, I think and don't quote me on this, that they are speaking about verbally destroying them. Tear them down emotionally so they that maybe they will think about what they are doing or saying the next time instead. I've met a few Satanists and they've always been very cool and respectful of most people, they just have little tolerance for the loud-mouthed know-it-alls who think they are the only people who matter.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
loud-mouthed know-it-alls who think they are the only people who matter.
like the sound of that,theres soo many of them too
Old 08-16-2012, 01:37 PM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dara View Post
Essentially, just have a backbone.

Most people will move if you ask politely but there's always going to be someone who feels entitled to something that they shouldn't and will act like an ass towards you. Start off polite and if that doesn't work- less tact, more truth.

Last edited by Atraxi; 08-16-2012 at 01:41 PM.