Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Books & Fiction Writing
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-30-2005, 08:31 AM
Evil Dead

There really was nothing King could do but put himself in the story. I also think the series ends the only way it could have. It was the only reasonable way to tie everything together.

"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East." --G W Bush, according to Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas
Old 07-12-2005, 11:15 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
The plot interests me, and Id like to read them....what is the order that they go in? I know it starts with The Gunslinger...
Old 07-12-2005, 05:36 PM
Evil Dead

1. The Gunslinger
2. The Drawing of the Three (my personal favorite)
3. The Wastelands
4. Wizard and Glass
5. Wolves of the Calla
6. Song of Susannah
7. The Dark Tower

"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East." --G W Bush, according to Palestinian Prime Minister Mahmoud Abbas
Old 07-12-2005, 06:10 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by Unaboner3000
1. The Gunslinger
2. The Drawing of the Three (my personal favorite)
3. The Wastelands
4. Wizard and Glass
5. Wolves of the Calla
6. Song of Susannah
7. The Dark Tower
Awesome, thanks:D
Old 07-15-2005, 01:27 PM
Living Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrifying Send a message via Yahoo to horrifying
i read the first couple books and i wasn't really that impressed.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to KrimsonReaper Send a message via Yahoo to KrimsonReaper
Ahh yes, somewhere that can feel like home. As a matter of news for any who are interested in the DT, I just finished my part in coordinating PalaverCon, the first ever Dark Tower convention, which was held in Durham, NH on July 22-24. It was a great event. We had three of the artists that did paintings for the series in attendance, and Grant books--who was underwriting the event--made the announcement that they will be releasing the Revised version of the Gunslinger with the DT novella Little Sisters of Eluria in limited and artists editions in the future. They don't have a release date yet. Anyone interested should just subscribe to the Grant newsletter for updates. Also, for the new edition, Michael Whelen (artist DT1 & DT7) has done four new paintings to be included with the original art, as well as a handful of sketches to be thrown in as well. I had occasion to see these new paintings while at PalaverCon, and I must say that they are fantastic.

Okay, got a bit long-winded there. Sorry 'bout that.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to blackknight Send a message via Yahoo to blackknight
That wasnt long winded at all. I'll check it out the newsletter when I get a chance
Old 08-15-2005, 01:03 AM
Undead

I started reading the DT books in about 2000, so I didn't have to wait too long for the last wave of novels to be released.

I really enjoyed the series... As a HUGE King fan, I loved how so many other stories intersected with the DT universe.

*SPOILERS*I was just hoping the Crimson King would turn out to be IT, but we never got much of the backstory on ol' CK.

And I hated how CK turned into a Harry Potter type villian in the last book. I understand the angle he took, but I just wish he made a better final confrontation at the end.*END SPOILERS*

Anyway, kick-ass series overall. And I enjoyed the ending.