Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-21-2006, 01:59 PM
Atrocity Exhibition

Gacy. I did'nt like it and it only work in my parents vcr so I traded it for the blair with project.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:14 PM
(sw) Fake Shemp (sw)

friday the 13th part 2

"It's a DISASTER...a DISASTER! Spelt with two 'O's... like 'DOOM'!!"
Old 11-21-2006, 05:32 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Stagefright

Not bad. Not great or anything, but I didnt think it was as horrible as Rod made it sound. Stupid ending and really poor dialogue/acting, but the idea was good and it was carried out pretty well.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:45 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Return View Post
Stagefright

Not bad. Not great or anything, but I didnt think it was as horrible as Rod made it sound. Stupid ending and really poor dialogue/acting, but the idea was good and it was carried out pretty well.
The Michele Soavi flick?

Last watched: Deadly Blessing.... pretty terrible. Lame throwback to the equally shit 70s supernatural flicks that came out after the Exorcist/Omen.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Anchorman

Its OK, but just ok. There's a couple wtf is happening moments and a FEW laugh out loud moments. Overrall its pretty funny but equally stupid, in a semi bad way.

6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 11-21-2006, 08:09 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posher778 View Post
Anchorman

Its OK, but just ok. There's a couple wtf is happening moments and a FEW laugh out loud moments. Overrall its pretty funny but equally stupid, in a semi bad way.

6/10
Totally agree, but the Jazz Flute makes me giggle and the Starland Vocal Band moment was inspired

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 11-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Evil Puppy

Chinatown
Old 11-21-2006, 10:07 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post
Taxi Driver. It was on AMC, so i watched it.

Had never seen it before, but I really liked it. Dark, gritty, satisfyingly violent, and with a surprisingly happy ending. I thought it was going to end with just Travis on the couch.
You never saw Taxi Driver before????

Wow. I'm speechless.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:34 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Plaga Zombie: Mutant Zone

Well, I had this lined up on the top of my Netflix list before I even realized it was a sequel and unfortunately for me, Netflix does not carry the original so I might be out of luck. I'm sure if I had seen the orginal, things would have made a little more sense to me since this one sorta picks up right in the middle of a story, but more or less, I was able to piece together what was going on. Okay, now on with the review of the movie itself. For it's budget, it was fabulous. Plenty of gore and it didn't really look too cheesy either. Good humor, good acting (I think. It's always hard to tell with foreign language films.), mildly confusing plot (Probably because I never saw the original), and excellent characters.

Let me be perfectly clear. By no means is this film any kind of work of art and compared to most of the horror put out by studios, it's probably relatively lame, but when you factor in what is obviously a very minimal budget, it shines a whole new light on this film and allows you to appreciate it for it what it really is... A low budget, gory zombie movie. I enjoyed it.

"John West. John West. ...He is the best! John West. John West. ...He is the champ!"

B

The Bat

This was a great film. I firmly believe that if they had given it a better title it would be one of Vincent Price's most popular movies, but it's simply called The Bat so it probably gets overlooked quite a bit. Anyways, I liked it. Dark, twisty plot and good acting.

B

Last Woman on Earth

I also enjoyed this film quite a bit. It's rather slow moving, but the reason is because it's building the characters. Good acting & directing. I like how they never really explain what happened that killed off everyone on Earth too. Great anti-Hollywood ending.

B+
Old 11-22-2006, 12:17 AM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up

Barnyard (2006) 8 / 10