Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-19-2011, 12:46 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by siorai View Post
Sucker Punch: Damn I loved this movie. I honestly can't understand all the hate for it. Sure, it's not a movie that is ever going to sweep the Oscars, but that's not the point of the movie is it? I mean you have a movie that combines hot chicks, giant samurai, zombie Nazis, and fire-breathing dragons. This is not exactly meant to be the next Titanic. It's all about fun and it brings that to say the very least. I guess some people couldn't wrap their head around the plot's twists and weirdness, but honestly I don't see it being any more convoluted than Inception.
But it's NOT a fun movie. It's not a fun story. It's quite the opposit.

Also the long-drawn action as well as the story was very repetitive to the point where it just became dull to watch. I don't care how good the bimbos were looking. It was still dull.
Old 06-19-2011, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

the long kiss goodnight
skyline
cry of the banshee
red
22 bullets
romasanta
legion
law abiding citizen
trackman
the beyond
enter the ninja
revenge of the ninja
the mechanic
phenomena
sweatshop
patrol men
hell's ground
Old 06-19-2011, 06:56 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post

Also the long-drawn action as well as the story was very repetitive to the point where it just became dull to watch. I don't care how good the bimbos were looking. It was still dull.
Yeah, Sucker Punch was the biggest disappointment of the year. The story was really stupid - I felt like they actually pulled punches where this could have been a disturbing and powerful film. Big waste of some great visuals. The writing and acting were just God awful. Really wish that Gilliam had done this one.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Yeah, Sucker Punch was the biggest disappointment of the year. The story was really stupid - I felt like they actually pulled punches where this could have been a disturbing and powerful film. Big waste of some great visuals. The writing and acting were just God awful. Really wish that Gilliam had done this one.
I agree. Really hated this movie.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:56 AM
Evil Dead

Paul -

Pegg & Frost's love of the genre is clear as they cram in more inside jokes and loving nods than you can shake a stick at.I found the film to be thoroughly entertaining and funny,it didn't quite tickle me in the same way as SOTD or Hot Fuzz but it was still very enjoyable.7/10
Old 06-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Sucker Punch (2011)

Totally agree with Angra & Chrono. It was like a premature plot that somehow "luckily" got a big celluloid treatment.

>>: C

Paul (2011)

>>: B-
Old 06-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Evil Dead

The Next Three Days - 8/10

Every aspect of this excellent crime/whodunnit thriller was delivered with supreme skill. From Crowe's portayal of the care free, easy going, professional family man's subtle descent into a manic but calculated desperado to the rich distribution of top notch, well known, accomplished actors throughout the supporting cast, this was a work of real substance.

For all those who dismiss Holywood's ability to produce real class, and I admit I sometimes fall into this trap, this movie does much to undermine that all-to-easy to make allegation. There were real unpredictable twists and turn, a constant building of tension and a very intelligent narrative that made this utterly gripping.

In short, Hitchcock would be proud of Paul Haggis' body of work including this latest offering (yeah, I said it!). Just watch it. Immediately.
3. suspiria
4. the exorcist
5. ringu
6. tcm
7. exorcist III
8. the omen
9. haute tension
10. creep

Old 06-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss tony View Post
The Next Three Days - 8/10

Every aspect of this excellent crime/whodunnit thriller was delivered with supreme skill. From Crowe's portayal of the care free, easy going, professional family man's subtle descent into a manic but calculated desperado to the rich distribution of top notch, well known, accomplished actors throughout the supporting cast, this was a work of real substance.

For all those who dismiss Holywood's ability to produce real class, and I admit I sometimes fall into this trap, this movie does much to undermine that all-to-easy to make allegation. There were real unpredictable twists and turn, a constant building of tension and a very intelligent narrative that made this utterly gripping.

In short, Hitchcock would be proud of Paul Haggis' body of work including this latest offering (yeah, I said it!). Just watch it. Immediately.
Thats a great movie, so smart and exciting. Kept you guessing right up until the end and in my opinion was never boring.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Evil is Better

Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus

Bad writing, terrible dialogue, poor visuals. You barely see the shark and octopus and they dont even fight until the very end. Nothing like the Godzilla movies where the giant creative monsters fought for a large amount of time.

Also the monsters in the Godzilla movies were creative, these are just giant versions of animals which are kinda boring. I'd just like to add that im not comparing this movie to the Godzilla movies, just using them for a basis.

Luckily i wasn't expecting much to begin with so i wasnt disappointed. It was just okay.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:08 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post

Each to their own I guess. I would put Sucker Punch in the same league as Inception. Fun to watch, with a fairly weak/simple storyline combined with great special effects. Funnily enough they also both use the multiple levels of reality plot mechanic to screw with the viewers. Yes, the acting in Inception was better for the most part (Ellen Page sucked pretty hardcore), but honestly I went into neither movie expecting great acting.