Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-22-2016, 05:30 AM
Evil Dead

Left Behind 2014
Old 05-22-2016, 05:46 AM
病気の

Crush The Skull, 2015. 6/10

Thumb resize.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:22 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
LOL! Well, I guess you couldn't have been in a bad mood both evenings.

Maybe I was just in a good mood, but I thought it was sharp, well paced and kept on the edge of my seat.

Of course he could have killed her when he was standing right behind her in the beginning... He's got a freakin crossbow! he's not into easy, he's into challenge, and chase. Did you miss that whole concept? Once you accept that, I thought it played out fairly realistic, padding in some of those messing-with-you horror concepts.

What liked most was it stayed focused on what it was. The character development was very focused... they just told you about things they were gong to use later on. Very Hitchcockian focus. You missed it, Chump!
It was fast paced, I give you that. The whole movie was just so damn mediocre and the killer was just so damn plain looking. Why the hell did he remove that mask? That was the only thing that made the movie a little bit interesting and different. And why was the woman deaf-mute? She might as well not have been as her handicap didn't really come into play that much other than during the first kill.

Yes you're right, I totally missed the Hitchcokian brilliantness of the movie.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Evil Dead

The Witch

B

There were some pretty fucked parts in this movie but I liked it.

Tale of Tales

B

Yeah, some pretty crazy stuff but it pulls you in!

Dirty Grandpa

B

Funny as hell!!

Deadpool

A

OMFG.....I loved it!!!!!

Last edited by tfantasy; 05-22-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-22-2016, 03:31 PM
Evil Dead

4/10

Finishable, but obviously directed at teens due to plot holes and apparently the invading army are filled with soldiers that can't hit anything. It pushes the suspension of disbelief too far. Also the moral dilemma of the characters is what I think would be called...'hand wringing'? Its annoying. Its worth one watch I suppose. The kind of movie to watch when you're really sick, stuck on a couch, and want to watch something that doesn't require much thought or emotional investment. Unless you're a teenager. Horrorcrux obviously not included in that category due to being smart with refined taste. ;P
Old 05-22-2016, 03:39 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerfan View Post
The Witch

Overall, I liked it, but hated the ending. Eggers could have done a MUCH better job with the way it ended. Personally, I would have ended it with her walking into the woods.

8/10
Yeah, I felt the same way....something was missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadbeatAtDawn View Post
Ava's Possessions, 2015. 7/10

Thumb resize.

Life after Demon possession, excellent film.
Hmmm, I keep passing over this one, guess I'll give it a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie9 View Post

6/10 . would have gave it a 7 if the ending wasnt so shite..
I recently watched it and I thought the ending was something that had been used before, not original at all.

Old 05-22-2016, 04:02 PM
病気の

Hellbilly, 2003/2015 release. 5/10

Old 05-22-2016, 04:27 PM
Evil Dead

The Darkness (2016)

Sometimes, a bad horror movie can have some redeeming quality to make it at least watchable for its runtime even if you'll forget about it the next day. Then, about once a year, the stars align, Wes Craven rolls in his grave, and a movie like The Darkness limps into theaters, a horror flick that's so inept at everything it tries to accomplish that it only triggers catcalls from the audience. In The Darkness, the whitest family I've ever seen goes on a family trip to the Grand Canyon, and by some ridiculous series of events, the son brings back five rocks that have Native American demons inside them. The family is now haunted by some incredibly convoluted curse, and demon stuff happens. I can't even say anything specific because nothing really scary happens to this family. Every single scare is just a door opening, the faucet turning on, a dog nonchalantly walking down a hallway, or handprints appearing on the wall. There aren't any scares because every time something that resembles a shock comes along that thing isn't scary! It's a faucet! The only thing that came out of the faucet was a little bit of water, they didn't even try to put blood or black crap coming out of it or anything! And then in an effort to save this god forsaken atrocity, they try to put some stupid family drama in the plot that's referenced once and never mentioned again. The daughter has bullimia? Who cares, put black handprints on her! Mom has a drinking problem? Might as well have the faucet turn back on! Not to mention there are several characters that enter the plot for two scenes and then mysteriously disappear. I've never seen a horror movie so incompetent at every single basic aspect of filmmaking. I can't pinpoint one exact reason why I hate this movie so much other than the sole reason that it exists. I could name about fifty other movies that I've given bad reviews that I would rather watch than this train wreck. I think I can now give every other horror movie the benefit that it's not as bad as The Darkness.

I typically don't like giving zeroes just because giving something a 0/10 seems ridiculous, but when a film is this infuriating, I have to.

0/10
Old 05-22-2016, 05:24 PM
Penthouse Pauper

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
The Darkness (2016)

Sometimes, a bad horror movie can have some redeeming quality to make it at least watchable for its runtime even if you'll forget about it the next day. Then, about once a year, the stars align, Wes Craven rolls in his grave, and a movie like The Darkness limps into theaters, a horror flick that's so inept at everything it tries to accomplish that it only triggers catcalls from the audience. In The Darkness, the whitest family I've ever seen goes on a family trip to the Grand Canyon, and by some ridiculous series of events, the son brings back five rocks that have Native American demons inside them. The family is now haunted by some incredibly convoluted curse, and demon stuff happens. I can't even say anything specific because nothing really scary happens to this family. Every single scare is just a door opening, the faucet turning on, a dog nonchalantly walking down a hallway, or handprints appearing on the wall. There aren't any scares because every time something that resembles a shock comes along that thing isn't scary! It's a faucet! The only thing that came out of the faucet was a little bit of water, they didn't even try to put blood or black crap coming out of it or anything! And then in an effort to save this god forsaken atrocity, they try to put some stupid family drama in the plot that's referenced once and never mentioned again. The daughter has bullimia? Who cares, put black handprints on her! Mom has a drinking problem? Might as well have the faucet turn back on! Not to mention there are several characters that enter the plot for two scenes and then mysteriously disappear. I've never seen a horror movie so incompetent at every single basic aspect of filmmaking. I can't pinpoint one exact reason why I hate this movie so much other than the sole reason that it exists. I could name about fifty other movies that I've given bad reviews that I would rather watch than this train wreck. I think I can now give every other horror movie the benefit that it's not as bad as The Darkness.

I typically don't like giving zeroes just because giving something a 0/10 seems ridiculous, but when a film is this infuriating, I have to.

0/10
Lord. That sounds atrocious.

Joy-2015.
Old 05-22-2016, 06:19 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKiller View Post
Lord. That sounds atrocious.

Joy-2015.
It's been almost a year since the last zero I gave so I guess it was time for another one... sigh.

Tags
movie