Old 09-23-2021, 01:12 PM
Scares Little Kids

Thumbs up

Two Evil Eyes (1990)

8/10

Enjoyed almost every scene and was a triffle scared too. There is no particular genious in it [as far as I can see in one view], but no flaws, either. What I would call a genuine horror film.
Based on stories by Edgar Allan Poe, and directed by Romero and Argento. So the aesthetics kind of mixed.
Old 09-24-2021, 12:50 AM
Evil Dead

WANTED:BABYSITTER (1975). Convoluted overlong drama involving a Kidnapping and Mistaken identity. Mainly watched it for the cast : Robert Vaughan (THE MAN FROM UNCLE), Vic Morrow (THE BLACKBOARD JUNGLE, 1982's THE TWILIGHT ZONE) Sydnie Rome (Lots of Euro Trash) and Maria Schneider (LAST TANGO IN PARIS, THE PASSENGER). **
Old 09-24-2021, 08:24 PM
I kick ass for the lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korovox View Post
Two Evil Eyes (1990)

8/10

Enjoyed almost every scene and was a triffle scared too. There is no particular genious in it [as far as I can see in one view], but no flaws, either. What I would call a genuine horror film.
Based on stories by Edgar Allan Poe, and directed by Romero and Argento. So the aesthetics kind of mixed.
i wanna see that one
Old 09-29-2021, 01:31 AM
Evil Dead

DEADLY GAMES (1982). Was looking on 1000 MISSPENT HOURS to read "El Santo's" reviews when came across this, which I had never heard of. Also even with all my reference books, only found a couple of brief reviews. Decided to check it out on YOUTUBE...

Afterwards, figured it was so unknown is because it deserves to be. Follows the basic rules of 80's Slasher films (Unseen Killer, Red Herrings, Promiscuity), so there is nothing You really haven't seen before and done better as well. Not much in the way of blood and the Women in here are pretty obnoxious with infernal voices, especially the first victim , whose suggestion to the killer is extremely offensive.

Cast includes Steve Railsback (HELTER SKELTER, LIFE FORCE, THE STUNT MAN), JoAnn Harris (THE BEGUILED) and a young Colleen Camp (WAYNE"S WORLD, THE VAGRANT) joined by June Lockheart (TV'S LOST IN SPACE, LASSIE and 1938's A CHRISTMAS CAROL) and former Football player Dick Butkis (who spends most of the film playing football). *1/2
Old 10-05-2021, 07:50 PM
ventricle

Labyrinth (1986)
5/10

Had to see it eventually. It's cultural landmark, required viewing for me.

Girl decides to save her little brother from a mystical being in a maze.

Loved the opening... seemed like it was going to be morality tale or allegory about a women embracing or rejecting responsibility, adulthood, feminine nurturing -- as represented by caring for her little toddler brother -- or choosing to live a carefree childlike life free from that responsibility. But instead, once she decides to go get her brother, which she decides to do immediately because, as she says, "I have to", she learns absolutely nothing from her experiences. She doesn't change at all. The scenarios teach nothing. The only thing the scenarios might teach are friends are useful; and be kind to people and they might be useful; and forgive people and they might be useful. Nothing else.

The sets were great. The music sucked. It wasn't humorous. Not a feel good film. I guess it was a happy ending, but more like, 'I just need to get some rest now'. Much of the film was quite boring, especially the short, but not short enough, "fight" scenes. I know why nobody ever quotes anything from this film. There's nothing to quote.

Last edited by Sculpt; 10-05-2021 at 07:51 PM.
Old 10-06-2021, 12:47 AM
Evil Dead

LINDA (1973). Enjoyably bad TV movie of a woman who in the best tradition of DOUBLE INDEMNITY manipulates the men in her life to pull off the seemingly perfect crime. As usual, Stella Stevens shines and carries the story on those lovely shoulders-along with a great penultimate line- with some decent support by John Saxon. Ed Nelson (NIGHT OF THE BLOOD BEAST), alas, gets some bad lines and uninspired direction...his character is truly annoying and the majority of his scenes will have You rolling your eyes. ***
Old 10-06-2021, 03:45 PM
Penthouse Pauper

Deadly Friend-1986.
Old 10-10-2021, 12:52 AM
Evil Dead

DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978-European version)
Old 10-13-2021, 02:26 AM
Evil Dead

DAY OF THE DEAD (1985)
Old 10-13-2021, 04:51 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
DAWN OF THE DEAD (1978-European version)
European version? Hows that different?