Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-05-2005, 12:25 PM
No charge for awesomeness

The Ring Two

I really hated the first Ring movie, but being a tru ehorror fan, I make a poin to see pretty much every film I can (More or less) so that's the tale of how I ended up watching the piece of shit known as The Ring 2.

First off, I should say that when I saw they were doing a Ring sequel I groaned. "Why would they make a sequel to such a fucking crappy movie?" I asked myself. Well, after a bit of thought, I decided that the only logical explanation was that it must be to tie up the thirty or so loose ends they left hanging in the first one. So I rented and watched, fully expecting that this was one sequel that had a pretty good shot at being better than the original. Damn was I wrong! ...And did I mention how I thought the first one sucked ass?

The Ring Two starts out with a couple of crappy actors who unexplicably have possession of 'the tape' (Ooooo... :rolleyes: ). In the first 15 minutes of the movie, they add a new rule to the franchisee, explaining that if you watch the tape, but make someone else watch it within a week, you are safe. (That makes the first movie that much stupider since anyone tht watched it in that movie dies.) The movie then proceeds from there to an entirely different storyline altogether (Not involving the tape at all) about the lady and her disturbed kid from the first one. Anyways, it actually turns out to be more of a 'Haunted Kid' movie than anything else and in true Ring fashion... The ending absolutely sucks!

I highly recommend that you do not waste your time on this fucking piece of crap. (Or the first one if you havent already.)

Bad acting, ridiculous plot, NO onscreen gore make this one worth skipping.

D-
Old 09-05-2005, 12:41 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Frankenfish

Okay, I watched this movie with virtually no expectations. It's looked really fucking cheesy from the package, butlike I said in the Ring 2 post, I try to watch everything that comes out so I gave it a rent.

I was pleasently surprised that the acting was not half bad. There was quite a bit of gore, but unfortunately it was about 75% CGI, bloody nonetheless though. Storylinewise, it's similar to Anaconda or something, but with the added (stupid) twist that these fish were genetically engineered to be giant man eating salmon.

All in all, this movie was better than I was expecting but not great by any stretch of the imagination. Still, if you like cheesy gore (And dont mind it being CGI) then this one might be worth a rent. There's a couple nice hooters shots too for all you horn-dogs.

C

(Yes! I liked this better than The Ring Two.)
Old 09-05-2005, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

the grudge
Old 09-05-2005, 01:26 PM
GRAVE DANCER

leatherface, tcm III, my favorite of them all
Like the others from the past
The naked belly, full of cysts
Smells so good, I cant resist
I know inside this ones the best
As I eat the rotting chest
Old 09-05-2005, 01:30 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally posted by zwoti
the grudge

American version? :)
Old 09-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Angra
American version? :)
if it was the japanese it would have been ju-on
Old 09-05-2005, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Return
Holds up- Definatly. Zombie/Slasher- Kindasorta. The only "zombie" isnt really a zombie...undead, I guess, but he never died in the first place. Slasher...I guess you could say that, but not really. There's a few pretty good, gory deaths...but not really in a slasher kind of way. REALLY cool ending,plus the whole thing leaves alot of unanswered questions, which is something I llove in a movie. I definatly say you should see it again.
ok....gonna check it out again .....havnt seen it since the early 80's...:cool:
Old 09-05-2005, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RoLLiNLiGhTs
The Hidden 2...
dont remember but it really sucked ...didnt it ?...I actually liked the first one...
Old 09-05-2005, 01:38 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Dracula [1931]

Incredible movie, and seems to get better each time I watch it. Nothing can match the amazing perormances from almost the entire cast, especially from Lugosi, Frye, and Edward Van Sloan in a very underated turn as Prof. Van Helsing. Complete classic, and deserves a higher rank than #6 on my Top 10 list...I plan to watch The Shining again tonight, then things may change...
Old 09-05-2005, 01:47 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally posted by zwoti
if it was the japanese it would have been ju-on
Actually it would have been "Ju-on: The grudge" (the third in the japanese seriel).;)

What did you think of it?

Just asking because "Ju-on" (the first) is one of my absolute favorites.:)