Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 06-21-2018, 06:40 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
When The Sixth Sense came out, the review that appeared in the New York Times was not very informative, except that you could figure out that the main reason the critic hated the movie is that he hated movies that feature cute little kids.
I usually do too (hate cute little kids in films)... not as much as real animals with CG mouths, but they bother me. The kid in 6th Sense didn't bother me at all. I thought he was very real, and played it quiet well.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:05 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I personally don't hate "cute little kids", just child characters played by terrible actors like Job and Sarah from Children of the Corn. I think kids in horror movies are kind of needed because they help create extra tension in fear of the child's safety.

The kid who played Danny in The Shining was pretty decent in my opinion. He was even able to do a creepy voice for "Tony" and have a seizure which I thought was impressive considering that the young actor didn't even realize that he was in a horror movie.

Oh and I can't stand jerk heroes in horror movis or action movies. Like Ving Rhames's character in the remake of Dawn of the Dead (of course I still don't hate him as much as I do Glen).
Old 07-05-2018, 07:57 AM
Evil Dead

does this character exist?

I wonder if there are any horror movies where the hero hears scary noises coming from the basement, and, instead of going down into the basement, sprints out the front door, which is what any intelligent person would do.

That reminds me. When I saw The silence of the lambs in the theater, when Jodi Foster goes into the killer's house, there was a sort of silent scream from the audience: "Don't go in there!" Then, when she follows him down into the basement, it was kind of a silent whimper: "Don't go down there!"

After she blew the guy away, I thought "I guess FBI training works."

I wonder if there is a kind of hand gun you don't have to cock, so the victim isn't warned by hearing a click.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:25 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Ever see that one Geico commercial? "When you're in a horror movie, you make bad choices. It's what you do!"

Black guy: "Let's hide in the attic!"

Brunette girl: "No in the basement!"

Blonde girl: "Why can't we just get in the RUNNING car?"

White guy: "Are you crazy?! Let's hide behind the chainsaws!"

Yeah... horror movies wouldn't be what they are without the main characters making bad choices that any sane person would avoid throughout the entire movie.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:23 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
I wonder if there are any horror movies where the hero hears scary noises coming from the basement, and, instead of going down into the basement, sprints out the front door, which is what any intelligent person would do.

That reminds me. When I saw The silence of the lambs in the theater, when Jodi Foster goes into the killer's house, there was a sort of silent scream from the audience: "Don't go in there!" Then, when she follows him down into the basement, it was kind of a silent whimper: "Don't go down there!"

After she blew the guy away, I thought "I guess FBI training works."

I wonder if there is a kind of hand gun you don't have to cock, so the victim isn't warned by hearing a click.
For almost all modern handguns, you never have to cock a gun, it's just a lot easier to fire with it cocked. Pulling the trigger will pull it through the cocking sequence. Some semi-auto handguns like glocks don't even have hammers that you can cock, they're already cocked. People will cock their guns when they're ready to shoot, but I think directors quite like extra suspense of a cocking-the-gun shot. But you do have take the safety off, which is silent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Ever see that one Geico commercial? "When you're in a horror movie, you make bad choices. It's what you do!"

Black guy: "Let's hide in the attic!"

Brunette girl: "No in the basement!"

Blonde girl: "Why can't we just get in the RUNNING car?"

White guy: "Are you crazy?! Let's hide behind the chainsaws!"

Yeah... horror movies wouldn't be what they are without the main characters making bad choices that any sane person would avoid throughout the entire movie.
I had to look that up. That is funny! Say, what does the chic say right at the very very end? (that's after the narrator talks)

Last edited by Sculpt; 07-05-2018 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:48 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
For almost all modern handguns, you never have to cock a gun, it's just a lot easier to fire with it cocked. Pulling the trigger will pull it through the cocking sequence. Some semi-auto handguns like glocks don't even have hammers that you can cock, they're already cocked. People will cock their guns when they're ready to shoot, but I think directors quite like extra suspense of a cocking-the-gun shot. But you do have take the safety off, which is silent.

I had to look that up. That is funny! Say, what does the chic say right at the very very end? (that's after the narrator talks)

"Head for the cemetery!"

I loved how the masked killer was rolling his eyes at the idiot teenagers. You think Jason, Freddy, Michael, or Leatherface ever did that?
Old 07-06-2018, 07:58 AM
Evil Dead

stupid actions in movies

My friend Don has a list of stupid things people do in movies. Like, a guy is chasing a guy on foot, and the guy he's chasing gets into a car and drives away, and the guy on foot keeps chasing the car. As Don said "After all, people are catching cars all the time."

Then there's the guy being chased down the road by a car, and instead of running off the road into the woods where the car can't go, he just keeps going straight down the center of the road.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:04 AM
Evil Dead

That guy in TEXAS CHAINSAW 2 who kept spitting. Disgusting fool.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I'm going to go ahead and admit it I DON'T like Freddy Krueger. I don't care how funny or witty he is when killing idiot teenagers, I just can't get over the fact that he's a child serial killer and possibly a pedophile.

Give me Chucky from Child's Play or the little guy from Leprechaun any day over Freddy. Those two are both just as funny and clever as Freddy and the victims they kill are usually jerks who are pretty much asking for it.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:36 AM
Evil Dead

he's the villain

Of course you don't like Freddy Krueger! He's the villain. What, did you think he was the hero?

I remember reading the book The Dead Zone. In the first chapter, Stephen King oh-so-subtly hints to us that Greg Stillson might be a bad person by having him kick a dog to death. I don't think that was in the movie.

My friend Victor can do that line from the movie, with good voice:

"Gentlemen, the missiles are flyin'! Halleluja!"