Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-27-2018, 08:21 AM
Banned

I'm thinking about going to a free Halloween party tonight. It's at a bar and Nightclub that does a goth night twice a month and tonight is the Halloween party and unofficial after party for the Damned who are playing at the House of Blues tonight. I've been to this club twice and it is Pitch Black in there although I have pretty much figured out the layout and can maneuver around without bumping into people. The only thing I didn't really like is that everyone is pretty much with someone and the times I have been there I haven't really been able to strike up a conversation with anyone but the music is amazing. They play a lot of industrial and a lot of 80s darkwave. Fuck it... I will go and see what happens.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:49 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
I'm thinking about going to a free Halloween party tonight. It's at a bar and Nightclub that does a goth night twice a month and tonight is the Halloween party and unofficial after party for the Damned who are playing at the House of Blues tonight. I've been to this club twice and it is Pitch Black in there although I have pretty much figured out the layout and can maneuver around without bumping into people. The only thing I didn't really like is that everyone is pretty much with someone and the times I have been there I haven't really been able to strike up a conversation with anyone but the music is amazing. They play a lot of industrial and a lot of 80s darkwave. Fuck it... I will go and see what happens.
Might be fun? You never no. Personally I don't like going into bars because I don't drink. I only ever went to one once in my life and the only thing I ordered was a coke and I felt like everybody in the bar was looking at me weird. They must have thought I wasn't old enough to be in a bar? I dunno.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:58 AM
Banned

If I went it wouldn't be for the alcohol. It's too fucking overpriced in bars and clubs. I would just go for the music and to try to mingle.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:31 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Well I know drinking alcohol isn't good for you when you have Bipolar Disorder so I guess it's a good thing I never started.

Unfortunetly so is drinking caffeine so I have had to give up sweet tea and coke. I'll still drink one once in awhile though but I can't too much.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:49 AM
Banned

Caffeine has never bothered me and I actually had a couple Budweiser tallboys last night and if I am in a good mood I can drink and be happy but if I am in a bad mood I shouldn't drink at all. As I said before, I'm not a fan of drinking at bars and clubs because not only is it too expensive but I also have to get home afterwards and the one time I did go out and get shit-faced I passed out on the bus and missed my stop so I should probably avoid drinking while I am out somewhere unless I am with someone who drives.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:42 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Caffeine has never bothered me and I actually had a couple Budweiser tallboys last night and if I am in a good mood I can drink and be happy but if I am in a bad mood I shouldn't drink at all. As I said before, I'm not a fan of drinking at bars and clubs because not only is it too expensive but I also have to get home afterwards and the one time I did go out and get shit-faced I passed out on the bus and missed my stop so I should probably avoid drinking while I am out somewhere unless I am with someone who drives.
Unfortunetly caffeine has a strong effect on me.

The only time I've ever drank alcohol was when I graduated high school and my cousin gave me some kind of strawberry flavored mixed drink.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:24 AM
Banned

Drugs and alcohol aren't for everyone, and that includes weed as well. My father was an alcoholic and a really bad coat head and he took his own life. My mother was such a heavy alcoholic it began destroying her brain and I couldn't even have conversations with her without her forgetting halfway through what we were talking about. She died from cirrhosis of the liver due to such heavy drinking for decades. I will never be like them and the only times I have drink heavy have been when my ex and I split and then back in my younger days when I did a lot of teenage and early twenties partying and experimenting. I have no need for that shit anymore but I still love my psychedelics and an occasional beer or two.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:44 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Drugs and alcohol aren't for everyone, and that includes weed as well. My father was an alcoholic and a really bad coat head and he took his own life. My mother was such a heavy alcoholic it began destroying her brain and I couldn't even have conversations with her without her forgetting halfway through what we were talking about. She died from cirrhosis of the liver due to such heavy drinking for decades. I will never be like them and the only times I have drink heavy have been when my ex and I split and then back in my younger days when I did a lot of teenage and early twenties partying and experimenting. I have no need for that shit anymore but I still love my psychedelics and an occasional beer or two.
I really am very sorry to hear about your parents. That is very sad. :(

Alcoholism and drug addiction runs rampant in my family too so I kind of understand. My Mama doesn't drink for that same reason.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:04 PM
Banned

There are some things I think that are fine in moderation but when you begin to let it consume you Karma you have an addiction and it is very hard to let go of that.

I see MovieLover13 is lurking about
Old 10-27-2018, 01:18 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
There are some things I think that are fine in moderation but when you begin to let it consume you Karma you have an addiction and it is very hard to let go of that.

I see MovieLover13 is lurking about
Well that reminds me of a certain nasty habit I have that has nothing to do with drugs...

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 10-27-2018 at 01:22 PM.