Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by Decadent
This film is excellent, any fan of the original Exorcist should definitely watch, even though it is as much a stand-alone film as a sequel. Unlike 'The Heretic' and 'Exorcist: The Beginning' it does not just rely on people's love of the original concepts, but carves it's own niche. Of course it doesn't compare with The Exorcist, but it's still a great movie, and you just have to laugh at the Priest peeling from the ceiling...
Pretty much my thoughts. The Exorcist has been my all-time favorite Horror film since its ORIGINAL release in 1973. The Heretic, IMO, was more of an attempt at a "cash-in on the name" scheme...I hated it (I haven't watched it for years, have recently been given thought to watching it again with a more open attitude).

Although not on the same level as the Exorcist, I like #3 very much. It continued the same story revolving around Damien Karras from the original, and with George C. Scott, you can't go wrong. The film had several memorable moments in it, like the skin peeling, the ceiling walk, that excellent scene with G.C.S. in the coffee shop talking about the fish - funny as hell, and the showdown at the end.

I also liked Exorcist: The Beginning. Maybe just because it was a prequel to the original, but I thought that it was good. No real scares, but gave good background on the characters and the exorcism that "damn near killed him" as mentioned in the first film, which peeked my intrest even way back then.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Fulci Lives!

Send a message via AIM to MrShape Send a message via MSN to MrShape Send a message via Yahoo to MrShape
Yeah, this was a pretty effective film. It's the only Exorcist sequel taht's worth wile and doesn't degenerate into a lot of preaching and postureing, unlike Exorcist II and both versions of Exorcist: The Beggining (what was the first version released as: Dominion: The Prequel To The Exorcist? Who cares, they both sucked).
Old 07-07-2005, 05:21 PM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
I'd rather stab myself in the eyes than watch that movie again.

Old 07-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
I got bored shitless watching this movie.

At least Heretic had locusts...

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
I'd rather stab myself in the eyes than watch that movie again.

you're such a party-pooper.

your sig - thats one of my favorite songs ever. (i have the vinyl :)