Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Living Dead

Send a message via AIM to Kreech
Castle Freak

Full Moon is great. Period.

The 1995 straight to video release "Castle Freak" is not only plesantly gorey and full of dark humor, but stars Jeffrey Combs!! This flick's got decent acting for b-horror and a nice... slightly unbelievable but acceptable plot. Not to mention (in the words of a friend of mine) "Jeffrey Combs eats pussy!"

And that's just blasphemous. Dr. Herbert West performing oral sex on a whore somewhere in Italy.

One scene i particularly like is where a cat gets pulled through a small hole in a door by the Castle Freak, and it makes a very unhappy sound just before it's sucked into the Freak's chamber. Also, there is a very graphic scene where the freak bites off his own thumb to get out of his schackles.

The Freak's makeup is absolutely great. His kills are especialy gruesome because he has the mind of a 5 year old (the time he was put in a chamber and tortured from then on by a pissed off old woman). And he's castrated (which they show)! Hooray for Castle Freak!

It's one of my favorite films and i'm lucky enough to own it. The DVD is kind of lame though because there is only a Featurette and a bunch of previews of other Full Moon movies. This thing is definately worth a rent though, if not a buy. I give it a 7 out of 10.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

nice to see barbara crampton again
Old 06-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by zwoti
nice to see barbara crampton again
I always liked her.I was actually envious of a severed head.

Castle Freak was probabaly the last good movie to come out of Full Moon.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Banned

i thought castle freak was pretty bad myself ..
it was actually the point where i completely gave up on full moon ..after seeing it.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Evil Dead

I will have to hunt this down (Uncut). The original English release was crap with no gore at all.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:57 PM
New leaf

I just bought this movie and watched with the wife Saturday night. We both liked it. A dark tale with some good gore.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by crippler666
I will have to hunt this down (Uncut). The original English release was crap with no gore at all.
That's strange. I had no idea that there was a 'cut' version.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
I know Castle Freak and Full Moon should not be critiqued too seriously, but why did the Freak choose this poor unsuspecting family to impart his wrath upon? I mean, he could have gotten out of that cage at any time, but he didn't do it when he could have gotten to the mean old woman that was torturing him.

overall, I liked this movie.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:08 PM
Living Dead

Quote:
Originally posted by knife_fight
I know Castle Freak and Full Moon should not be critiqued too seriously, but why did the Freak choose this poor unsuspecting family to impart his wrath upon? I mean, he could have gotten out of that cage at any time, but he didn't do it when he could have gotten to the mean old woman that was torturing him.

overall, I liked this movie.
Yeah i agree with not critiquing it too much, but OMG FUXING N00B LIEK WUTEVAR!!

No, no. I asked myself the same thing. I think he never got out before because that cat never came in there and gave him the chance to eat it. The blind girl woke him up and the old lady hadn't beat the crap out of him for a while.

As for why he was mean, i think it was a caveman-like urge. You know, as if he was a dog and the owners were really cruel.

That's my take on it. Probably wrong, and yeah, there is no way he'd be alive if the old lady died and didn't feed or water him for like a week till the other people arrived.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:44 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
I, of course, love this movie. Give me Jeffrey Combs, a little gore and a somewhat silly plot and I am a happy girl. :D

I don't own it however, really is one I need for my collection.