Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > TV Shows
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Waste Disposer

SYFY channel

New symbol
New stuff

I am a bit surprised.
I had a weekend all by myself and had a very nice experience of watching back to back horror movies.
It was the back to school special.
Very nice.
I started watching Warehouse 13- 2 weeks ago and now am hooked.
Has syfy been revamped to an actual GOOD CHANNEL?
Who is behind this?
Was there a take-over?
New management?
Someone woke the fuck up?

I still am very disappointed with their daytime line-up and someone needs to seriously shoot those fucking ghosthunter guys but...it seems this channel is having a come-back!

Didn't bother to search if this was an old or covered topic but if so....who cares:cool:
Old 08-29-2009, 11:39 AM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
I used to watch it back in the day when they showed horror movies everyday and had marathons on the weekend.Now they show these crappy made for tv movies and even crappier tv shows.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:54 PM
HDC Idol

I. HATE. that they renamed it "SYFY." It drives me friggin crazy every time I see it. I'm not really sure what's up with the revamp; if they're trying to appeal to some kind of cutsie-pie audience or something. I guess Warehouse 13 would partially be a testament to that. I feel as though it definitely COULD be a great show (and would fill the void that X Files left for me), but I think that the writing is week and that they go for silly more than good science fiction. Personally, I was expecting some sort of science fiction revisionist history/historical fiction combining historical figures... Which it does a little bit, but it's a bit more mystical magic than I care for... And the actors are pretty bland. I'm disappointed in the show.

Then again, I think that Battlestar Galactica was the best thing for that channel. I think that they need something as hard-hitting as that show was.

I've heard really good things about Eureka. That I'll definitely have to check out.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:12 PM
ghostspirit2009

am loving Warehouse 13...agree about the new name...Ghost Whisperer is starting up soon (yes...i have to admit to loving that show!!! totally missing Aisha and Jay - fun to see them again after so long!)
http://www.simplesend.com/simple/tex...3CSubscriberID
Old 09-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I. HATE. that they renamed it "SYFY." It drives me friggin crazy every time I see it. I'm not really sure what's up with the revamp; if they're trying to appeal to some kind of cutsie-pie audience or something. I guess Warehouse 13 would partially be a testament to that.
I totally agree about the name.
And I haven't really noticed that it has improved at all, from what I have seen. Of course, I haven't watched Warehouse 13. Are they still screwing around with the schedule (saying something will air, and then pulling it and replacing it at the last minute)? Because that just bugs the hell out of me.

Last edited by jenna26; 09-18-2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Soundtrack to Rambo

i liked last year when they would show tales from the darkside marathons, now its too spacey i guessso i rarely watch it. the name, i have no idea why its syfy.