Old 09-28-2017, 03:36 AM
Evil Dead

Freddy Krueger and Me

Hi. My name is Robert and I live in England.

When I was 8 I was in the schoolyard and saw an older lad walking outside the fence. He stopped, put on a pair of gloves and climbed the fence. He walked across the yard towards my friend Jason Alls, picked him up by the throat and slammed him down on the ground. Then he left.
Kids started to talk about it. They named this kid Freddy. Rumour spread that a flickknife was found and some started to say that the kid had thrown it at Jason. They started to call him Freddy Flickknife. Freddy returned twice more to the school to get Jason. Jason would run and hide in the school. I never learned why this boy was attacking Jason.
Freddy vs Jason? Ha! The name Voorhees is dutch and means 'front house' or hall. My mate was called Jason Alls. Weird. This was before anyone knew about Freddy or Jason.

Me and Jason had several fights at school. I lost the first one and won the others. HA!

A few years later I began to become afraid of a painting of a crying boy in our house. I don't recall when this picture had been put up. It just seemed to have been there one day. And I began to feel the picture was evil and looking at me. Our cousins had an identical picture in their house over the fireplace. I told them about it scaring me. They teased me about it and named the boy Freddy. They only had to say the name and it frightened me.
A year later the picture was in the newspapers. A fire fighting official had noticed that in a number of housefires they found a picture of the crying boy totally unburnt. People began to believe that the fires were caused by the picture.The curse of the crying boy was born. Google it. All the fires occurred in the north of England where I live.

For years after that I had nightmares about the picture. It would appear in my dreams and its face would start to move, to come alive. It pulled an evil face.Truly horrible. Eventually my mother threw away the picture. When I was 18 my parents found me a flat. On the wall of the flat was the picture. The exact same picture. I don't know if it was the very same picture my mum had thrown out. I dread to think it was. Within the year I had a mental breakdown.
Lets go back a few years. When I was ten I drew a picture. It was of a man in a wide brimmed hat, a green and red striped top and a metal claw on his right hand. this was years before ELM ST had even been made.

A few years on and I had a nightmare. I was in a room of shadows and fire. A figure appeared. He had a bald head with prominent veins. His face was truly evil. He wore black. A black top with a turtle neck. He moved towards me threateningly. Then he transformed. His fingers and nose stretched to the floor. This particularly scared me.

It scared me so much that I told my sister about him. She told me she had dreamt about him too. She was not prone to lying. A little while later I tried to visualise his face. His eyes appeared in my mind clearly. It felt like he was there again. Like he was inside me.

A year later my mum brought home a video to watch. I was only 13 but my mum let us watch horror films. It was A NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST. I recognised the drawing I had made years before. And I recognised the man I had seen in the nightmare, especially the scene where his arms stretch out...like his fingers and nose.

I learned that Freddy was played by Robert Englund. The same name as me and englund sounds like England. Madly I thought this was a message for me.

I became obsessed with Freddy and had seen all the films and had posters of him on my walls. I made my own fingerknives out of metal(they were crap) and cardboard. I started wearing hats like him. I had dreams about him. In one dream he let me wear his fingerknives, but the blades kept falling off.
Years later I decided to buy the dvd of ELM ST. On the way I saw two people dressed in white peacock costumes. I watched the film later and for the first time noticed two black peacocks on the wall above Tina's bed as she was being killed. I was having regular weird coincidences at this time so knew it meant something. I got on the internet and found a devil figure called Melek Tawsi. He was also called the peacock angel. He is part of a middle eastern religion, said to be the oldest religion on earth. It is said he was cast into hell to be burnt for a thousand years before he put out the flames with his tears. Reminds me of the picture of the crying boy that my cousins had named Freddy, unharmed by the flames. I look at Freddy Krueger and see a peacock with his bright colours and beak-like nose.

Sometime later I had a dream. I dreamt that Freddy would be played by someone other than Robert Englund. This actor was related to superheroes according to the dream. Years later The ELM ST remake came out. Freddy was played by Jack Earle Haley. He later played Rorshach in WATCHMEN. Superheroes. My dream had come true.

Years ago I moved. my mum found me a flat in a house called The Elms. The landlord's first name was Fred.

I saw Wes Craven's New Nightmare in which Freddy is now real and haunting the cast. This, as I recall, was inspired by people associated with the series having similar nightmares about Freddy around the same time. Maybe they were being visited by the real Freddy.

Why Freddy has haunted my life even before he existed on film I do not know. Am I psychic? seeing the future? How do we explain the coincidence of Jason Alls and Freddy Flickknife?

I dare not tell you what I think. All I can tell you is that there is someone else inside me. Someone evil. He is growing stronger by the day.
For more on what I have learned see these threads...

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68158

http://www.horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68119

And if you want to know what Freddy was up to in a previous life seek out a film called SWASHBUCKLER.(1976) Its about a pirate(Robert Shaw) going up against an evil overlord(Peter Boyle). The overlord's sidekick is a man who is simply called the lute player. And he wears fingerknives on both hands.In once scene he even wears a stripey top. He ends up impaled on his own fingerknives after falling down some stairs. He has a very creepy face by the way.
Hope this doesn't give you nightmares.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:37 AM
Evil Dead

Also we have Alfred Ryder playing Gerhardt Krueger in the tv show VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA. He's a ghost and a villain.

Al fred. Krueger. Ghost. Villain.

Also...

There is an ancient god called CROUGA. It is found under the wiki page for a bogeyman called Coco.

"In the Galician Lusitanian mythology, Crouga is the name of an obscure deity to whom offerings were made. In the inscription of Xinzo de Limia, written in Lusitanian, it is Crouga that is offered (given). The theonym Crouga derives from *krowkā.[16][17][18]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coco_(folklore)
Old 09-29-2017, 02:51 PM
This is a test

I have heard of the picture you are talking about that has survived house fires. You know, you now have me seeing the name "bob" more often than I used to. The power of suggestion is...well..powerful.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:40 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
I have heard of the picture you are talking about that has survived house fires. You know, you now have me seeing the name "bob" more often than I used to. The power of suggestion is...well..powerful.
HAHAHAHAH. Bob has entered your life. Occurs to me that Bob turns up successful films and books. So if you are making either...put a Bob in it. It will be successful.

Here's more Freddy weirdness.

We've all seen A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET. Some of us have seen DREAMSCAPE. Those that have may have noticed a similarity with these films. They both have a villain who can get into your dreams and kill you. Both villains had metal claws. Both these films came out in 1984.

But most of you will not have read the book INCARNATE by Ramsey Campbell. This book came out in 1984. It involves a team of people who open a door into dreams and something comes through it. The door in question is green and red(the same colour as Krueger's jumper) it also has a scene where the characters are trapped in a dream world and are stalked by a man with long clawlike finger nails.

So what does all this mean? I don't know. What has dreams and claws got to do with 1984? Is it related to the book? Or does it reveal how Big Brother is really stalking us...in our dreams.
Old 10-02-2017, 05:11 AM
Evil Dead

a few notes about jason Voorhees. I drew a pic of him being taken down by a swat team. years later this happened in a film. I had a dream about a scifi version of Jason with robotic parts. Then JASON X came out.

I connected jason to the serpent Jormungandr. Years later they made JASON X which had a giant spaceship called...Jormungandr.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:35 PM
Evil Dead

Welcome to horror.com.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:47 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
Welcome to horror.com.
Thanks. Welcome to my crazy mind.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:05 PM
ventricle

23 Flicknife