Old 10-21-2018, 07:06 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Yeah I hear ya. A lot of my doctors sucked because I felt like they were either telling me what I wanted to hear or judging me and offering no real help. Like that one lady who tried to tell me and my Mom that anger is not a symptom of Bipolar Disorder (I'm sure you and anyone else with or around anyone with Bipolar Disorder will agree that uncontrollable anger IS a symptom!), and she even tried to tell me that I didn't have empathy either.

I understand that I do need medication but I think my ways of managing and coping with it have been self-taught with no real help from those doctors. All it took was for me to realize that I actually have a problem.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:22 AM
Banned

I think a lot of it besides the medicine is just me because I spend all my time alone. I know I am in a new city and haven't had a chance to meet people but it was even like this back in Virginia around the people I grew up with. I was seen as an outcast when I moved there from St.Louis when I was 9 years old so I never had a social life and never really got to make real friends and now I am pretty socially awkward so I think my isolation along with my bipolar work together and bringing me down. I get out when I can and try to socialize with people just to help me loosen up and feel better about approaching random strangers just to strike up conversations. I mean if I didn't talk to anyone and didn't get out of my comfort zone from time to time I could never Riding my horizons. I have moved to Vegas and realize I have the ability to take care of myself and get out and go to places I need to go on my own no, it has given me loads of confidence I never had in Virginia.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:31 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Do you have Aspergers Syndrome too? That all sounds very similar to what I was going through growing up.

I was a social outcast who never had any friends either because I'm always so awkward around people. I pretty much stay isolated from the world but I'm hoping to fix that someday.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:41 AM
Banned

No I don't. I was a social outcast because when I was 9 years old my mother and I moved to the mountains of South West Virginia where everyone that is close knit and even though my mother grew up there I wasn't born there so everyone looked at me as an outcast and never include me in anything.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:49 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
No I don't. I was a social outcast because when I was 9 years old my mother and I moved to the mountains of South West Virginia where everyone that is close knit and even though my mother grew up there I wasn't born there so everyone looked at me as an outcast and never include me in anything.

Oh, well I spent my whole life in Georgia growing up in a small rural town. We were poor and I couldn't go anywhere or do anything except go to school and come home watching TV and playing video games all day. Like I said I was socially awkward because I had Aspergers and kids used to call me "Forrest Gump". They also used to bully me because somehow they all knew I was gay before I was even aware of it.

Yeah, I'm really not looking forward to moving back to that place. I think I would be much happier living in a city.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:57 AM
Banned

Come to Vegas. Living here isn't expensive at all.
Old 10-21-2018, 08:05 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Come to Vegas. Living here isn't expensive at all.
That'd be awesome, and I'd have at least one buddy to hang out with.

I'm seriously thinking about Tallahasee though since it is very close to my hometown. And I talked to my brother and he said he and his girlfriend might let me come stay with them once my bipolar medication gets figured out because he knows how much I hate my Mom's husband and he said he really does feel bad for me having to put up with it every time she gets back together with him.

I feel like my brother would actually be more supportive of me trying to become independent more than my Mom ever would. He might even help me figure out how to eventually get a place of my own.

It's funny we used to could not stand each other but now that he's growing up and has a family of his own he really has changed a lot.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 10-21-2018 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:39 PM
Evil Dead

I'm loaded for bear! Gonna get my swerve on this comin' Saturday nite got 2 costumes, 3/4 bottle Absinthe, 12pack of IPA, 5 gallons of water, 2 nites in a cabin, that I'm givin' to guest crashers, I'm gonna sleep in my rig with a heater delivered the firewood just the other day
Thanks to my newly minted single status I've been invitin' all kinds of girls to the party....been so long since I done that.
I'm am stoked for Halloween!
Old 10-22-2018, 06:50 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Bad Things View Post
I'm loaded for bear! Gonna get my swerve on this comin' Saturday nite got 2 costumes, 3/4 bottle Absinthe, 12pack of IPA, 5 gallons of water, 2 nites in a cabin, that I'm givin' to guest crashers, I'm gonna sleep in my rig with a heater delivered the firewood just the other day
Thanks to my newly minted single status I've been invitin' all kinds of girls to the party....been so long since I done that.
I'm am stoked for Halloween!
I hope you have a great party!
Old 10-22-2018, 07:14 PM
Banned

There's this Halloween thing they do in Vegas every year called freakling Brothers. It is 40 or $50 to get in but they have 500 houses and live music and halloweeen carnival games and a bunch of other stuff. If I was going to go to a haunted house I would rather go to the saw escape room. I think that would be so much more fun.