Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Did you like Pizza Man?
Fuck YEAH! 3 75.00%
yeah, its ok 0 0%
Big pile of eh 1 25.00%
Shit no 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Jason's Shack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
The new lead hasn't been in front of the camera? Try a screen test before committing to any one to be on screen. Its a pain in the ass but NOT doing so has been a huge detriment to a few things I've work on.

Speaking of which, and to answer your question, no. No, if the stuff I've worked on is out there, I have no desire to promote it. There was a time when I felt quite the opposite, but I'm concentrating on an 18 minute short that we're in preproduction on. It's just me and friends, but we're going for it. When that's done, you can count on me prostituting myself in earnest to get it seen. I think that will represent where we are now creatively better than anything done 3 or 4 years ago. Not to mention, I'm in THOSE and that's NEVER going to happen again. LOL! Screen tests!!

Thanks for taking the criticism well, it's hard for me to say anything negative when i feel so positively about the effort itself, but, again, you asked.

The sound was just uneven and it seemed like there wasn't any kind of design. Are you using a boom system? Those are excellent and are pretty easy to get a handle on technically. A half way decent boom operator is a huge asset.

You were fine on screen. I just think horror is the hardest thing to for any actor to play, and getting the adrenaline in the right place for it is no easy task.
You did a lot better than most of the amateur talent I've worked with! I do know it's a hell of a lot easier to handle all the director and producer stuff if you don't have to concentrate on a role.

Anyway, I hate staying negative and there are plenty of good things in both of those vids. Keep it up, and anything you think you can improve on will happen through hard work. Besides, don't listen to me. I watch good movies and so far have only made bad ones. Fuck critics.
Negative on the boom system. That's my next thing I need to invest in. That and another camera so I can shoot a scene from multiple angles at the same time instead of re postioning the light kit every fucking time!

I don't take criticism bad when it's legitimate. There's critics and then theirs trolls.

As for the screen test that's a good suggestion. I lied though he has been in one scene in an unfinished/cancelled short but the characters are a complete 180. We'll see what happens.

What's your project about? If you don't feel comfortable talking about it in thr open shoot me an email.

Recent Movie Watches
Back to the Future 3 7/10
Predator 9/10
Terminator 5 7/10