Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

View Poll Results: Your stance on abortion?
Pro- In all cases 7 30.43%
Neutral- Only in cases of rape or abuse 13 56.52%
Anti- Never 3 13.04%
Undecided 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2004, 10:50 AM
Returning after eternity.

Abortion: Yay or Nay?

What is your take on abortion? Besides the poll, I'd like to know your detailed feelings on abortion.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Evil Dead

Personally, I think it should only be used in instances of rape, incest, or where needed as a life saving procedure for the woman, (in an ER situation).

Not being a woman, I feel I have no right in restricting a womans rights with regards to her body.

I saw a bumpersticker once that said, " If you can't trust me with a choice. Why would you trust me with a baby!"

I feel I'm a responsible father, I have 3 children whom I love more then anything. It's not easy, most of the time, but we still go on, "laugh or scream".

It's just my opinion, and I respect yours, as I hope you mine.

Nosferatu,
Does not this word sound like the call of the death bird at Midnight? You dare not say it since the pictures will fade into dark shadows, ghostly dreams will rise from your heart and feed on your own blood
Old 07-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally posted by movieman64
Personally, I think it should only be used in instances of rape, incest, or where needed as a life saving procedure for the woman, (in an ER situation).

Not being a woman, I feel I have no right in restricting a womans rights with regards to her body.

I saw a bumpersticker once that said, " If you can't trust me with a choice. Why would you trust me with a baby!"

I feel I'm a responsible father, I have 3 children whom I love more then anything. It's not easy, most of the time, but we still go on, "laugh or scream".

It's just my opinion, and I respect yours, as I hope you mine.
'nuff said. Seems unanamous
Old 07-21-2004, 11:38 AM

I'd like to hear some of the womens opinions on here if at all possible.
Old 07-21-2004, 11:40 AM
Now she has us.

Quote:
Originally posted by Egekrusher

if I had a sister I'd ask her, but I dont so I cant.

<CENTER>
http://www.horror.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2020_5.gif</CENTER>

Old 07-21-2004, 11:42 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally posted by Egekrusher
[just kidding]Women have opinions?!?!?!:confused: :eek: [/just kidding]
Old 07-21-2004, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vodstok
[just kidding]Women have opinions?!?!?!:confused: :eek: [/just kidding]
Where's Bloodrayne when you need her?

:)
Old 07-21-2004, 11:45 AM
King of the Long Post

Send a message via AIM to Stingy Jack
Well, my thoughts aren't really represented by the options. I'm in favor of abortion (even in cases not involving rape or incest) as long as the fetus is not developed enough to be able to survive outside of the womb. This is what I have decided to be the determining factor in the question as to whether or not a fetus can be considered to be an individual being. If it cannot survive outside of the womb, then it is not an individual being. It is still part of the mother.

My wife and I have used every precaution in the book, and she still got pregnant. This was way back before we were able to adequately support ourselves, let alone a child. Accidents happen, even to people who are careful. And if you force a family to have a child they can't afford, then you are going to create even bigger problems not just to the families, but to society as a whole.

Plus, if you made abortion illegal all together, many women will simply resort to incredibly dangerous methods to abort an unwanted pregnancy. Sure, people may say that it is their bodies to do with as they please, and if they want to risk killing themselves, then let them. But, I think this is a pretty cynical view considering we can provide a safe alternative.

I DO think, however, that there should be limits put on the number of times a woman can have an abortion. Once she has used a clinic twice, on the third visit she should be required to have her tubes tied. This will avoid using the abortion clinics as a form of birth control.

I don't know how other people here feel about this ... and I hope I haven't offended anyone.
GOOD LORD DELIVER TO US!
Old Scotch Invocation
-- adapted by Stingy Jack

Stingy's Horror DVD Collection
Old 07-21-2004, 11:50 AM
Fear scented candle

Sounds reasonable to me, stingy.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stingy Jack
Well, my thoughts aren't really represented by the options. I'm in favor of abortion (even in cases not involving rape or incest) as long as the fetus is not developed enough to be able to survive outside of the womb. This is what I have decided to be the determining factor in the question as to whether or not a fetus can be considered to be an individual being. If it cannot survive outside of the womb, then it is not an individual being. It is still part of the mother.

My wife and I have used every precaution in the book, and she still got pregnant. This was way back before we were able to adequately support ourselves, let alone a child. Accidents happen, even to people who are careful. And if you force a family to have a child they can't afford, then you are going to create even bigger problems not just to the families, but to society as a whole.

Plus, if you made abortion illegal all together, many women will simply resort to incredibly dangerous methods to abort an unwanted pregnancy. Sure, people may say that it is their bodies to do with as they please, and if they want to risk killing themselves, then let them. But, I think this is a pretty cynical view considering we can provide a safe alternative.

I DO think, however, that there should be limits put on the number of times a woman can have an abortion. Once she has used a clinic twice, on the third visit she should be required to have her tubes tied. This will avoid using the abortion clinics as a form of birth control.

I don't know how other people here feel about this ... and I hope I haven't offended anyone.
My thoughts exactly, though that's a little hard to make a poll option out of.