Old 02-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Evil Dead

_V_, both of those last two recommendations sound really intriguing.

Martyrs (2008)

I was gut-punched by this movie for the first time a couple months ago. Ever since then, it's been begging for a second viewing. With so many other movies that I haven't seen, it's tough to re-watch a movie so soon. I had to though. I had to know if this movie was really that good, or if it just happened to affect me in exactly the right way on that particular day.

Verdict: It really is that good. At least, for me it is.

Even knowing ahead of time of the curveballs about to be thrown, I was mouth-agape for the entire duration. With so much variety, so much intensity, and all executed with skill and, dare I say, finesse, this movie has a little bit of something for everybody, while also being almost too much for anybody. Even the pacing is brilliant -- starting slow, shifting quickly to lightning speed, then slowing down again for the final act, while actually ramping up the emotional intensity to near-unbearable levels. And, similar to Cannibal Holocaust's use of real war atrocity footage intermixed with fictional violence, the exploitative use of real-death photographs of "martyrs" ensures the viewer is off-kilter prior to entering the final, sickening chapter.

Speaking of that final chapter... Being my second viewing, I was properly bracing myself for it for the entire lead-up, which in some ways, actually made the movie scarier the second time. Once the torture started, I kept telling myself, "Okay, there's 20 minutes more of this." The armrest of my couch may still be indented with the place my white knuckles clenched it.

I know some might complain that the movie is disjointed or lacks coherence or consistency, or perhaps is confused about what "type" of horror movie it is, but I truly believe it is exactly what it is intended to be. And that makes for a painfully wild ride. Thumbs way up. 9/10.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:51 PM
BOOGEYMAN'S BACK !!!

American Psycho

still OK, not as good as it once was when I could actually feel watching movies. Don't know if I had a stroke or what. Maybe It's what kids do to you.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Evil Dead

The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

As I saw Spider-man 3 not that long ago, that was still fresh in my mind, I still found this movie to early for a -Re-boot of the series.

I didn't really like how this movie flowed, I think they could have done better Job of him discovering is powers, Instead of over the top Train scenes.

I don't know if was meant to funny or not but I found that way to Silly and I didn't the fact that most of time,

I didn't like the fact in had the mask off most of time and I didn't like how he got used to his powers so fast, I felt that the movie moved to fast, I didn't really care of Parker in this movie

In the other series, I felt that Connect to Parker and felt that was lot more Developed and i found more Like-able then this one.

The action scenes were good and fun watching but I found this movie focused way too much on Action instead of everything else.

I didn't like the ending at all, it found really bland.

I got some good thinks to say about this is that the acting this movie was really good from the whole cast and effect were really good in this movie as well.

6/10

The Avengers (2012)

This movie was lot of fun to watch, I never seen the Captain America or Thor movies before. So there so-what knew to me.

I liked the fact we had some time with each different superheros before come together. I really liked how the movie flowed , it not no-stop action all way thought.

There were calmer scenes in this movie that i found interesting and they didn't drag on to long to make boring but action sequencing was outstanding.

First time I have actually liked new Hulk (I was HUGE Huge fan of Old Hulk, i Have never given this Hulk a chance) Not fan Thor thought, I can't seem to be warn, I may need to see his movie next. see more his back story, same for Captain America.

Those actions were edge of your seat stuff and lots of stuff going on at the same time.

I hoping for better ending then this movie got, they all go on there separate way (For the own sequels lol) I looking forward to sequel, I wonder if they add other Superheros in the mix

8/10
Old 02-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Evil Dead

"Men In Black III" (2012)
-Tommy Lee Jones, Will Smith, Josh Brolin

Plot:
Even though agents J and K have been protecting the Earth from alien scum for many years, J still does not know much about his gruff partner. However, J soon gets an unexpected chance to find out what makes K tick when an alien criminal called Boris the Animal escapes, goes back to 1969, and kills K. With the fate of the planet at stake, J goes back in time and teams up with K's younger self to put things right.

Phantom's Review: Fun, entertaing sequel. Better than Part 2, but number one is still the best. The best part of the film is watching Josh Brolin do an amazing job as the young Agent K. You could really believe he would eventually turn into Tommy Lee Jones. I really enjoyed this film.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:04 PM
For Vendetta

Hard-hitting and brutal. Both lead actors perform excellently but kudos to Naomi Watts for pulling off an extremely difficult role (probably THE role of her career so far). Some superb effects add to the grim, dark and tense atmosphere of the film, which fills you with immense foreboding, even though the beginning is a bit slow.

Highly recommended, even to the die-hard horror fans.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Evil Dead

Visitor Q

Batsh-t nutballs. One scene lost me when it went scat (as if the necrophelia wasn't enough), but other than that, pretty entertaining, and actually funny at times. Not even close to as enjoyable as Audition or Ichi the Killer though, and I can't imagine ever watching it again, so for that reason, I can't go higher than...

6/10
Old 02-21-2013, 02:45 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Breathless (2012)

>>: C+

Upside Down (2012)

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
A romance set in the period of the most amazing sci-fi concept you will ever get to see. Whoever thought of this ought to be given a separate award.

Also, the cinematography backing this concept is completely stunning and spell-binding, specially the shots where the two mountain peaks come close, and one where our hero falls from one ocean to another. If only the film & story could do justice to this brilliant concept, we had ourselves another Eternal Sunshine.

The two leads are great, but there's not much chemistry between them. To their credit, however, they give it their best shot. Kirsten Dunst is bright, Jim Sturgess is cheery and chirpy. The supporting cast do their job. There are flaws in the narrative, and minor flaws in the execution of the concept of the film, but those can be forgiven, for this is a true visual spectacle. Each conceptual frame of the film adds to the superb visual flavor and ambience that the film puts out though, so at times you are not bothered by what's going on in the story (and you are forgiven by that). The ending is abrupt, leaving plenty of questions unanswered (maybe a sequel will address this, but I doubt there will be one), but the parting shot of this film will make your jaw drop.
* * * �
Totally agree with V, brilliant concept with stunning sceneries but required a better treatment in execution. The thing is the idea of gravity & anti-gravity is always a very interesting concept to work on for any sci-fi lover & bit challenging to come up with a great story. Anyway, here they one thing for sure pretty convincingly managed to deliver is creating a fantastic world(s) with this concept which can be played with many other different ideas also other than being a premise for a cliched upper class-lower class love story. I'd rather love to see a high pace, intriguing sci-fi action-thriller where the romance part only added as a minor backdrop or side story. And so I like to believe there's still some great potential hidden in this Upside Down world which someone should utilize or at least give it a try to produce something everlasting sci-fi classics like Blade Runner or Total Recall.

>>: B+

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Hard-hitting and brutal. Both lead actors perform excellently but kudos to Naomi Watts for pulling off an extremely difficult role (probably THE role of her career so far). Some superb effects add to the grim, dark and tense atmosphere of the film, which fills you with immense foreboding, even though the beginning is a bit slow.

Highly recommended, even to the die-hard horror fans.

Ditto, surprised to see it's got only one nomination in Oscar. One of the very best of 2012 for sure.

Last edited by _____V_____; 02-21-2013 at 11:09 AM. Reason: back-to-back posts
Old 02-21-2013, 07:03 AM
Evil Dead

man on a Ledge (2012)

I was looking forward to see this movie since i saw the trailers and now that I have seen.

I thought it even better then it thought t be.

This movie had me on edge of seat thought the movie, I had no idea what going to happen next.

There was some very good tense scenes in this movie that really got me of seat and shouting at the TV.

There were some really good twist and turns in this movie that I didn't see coming at all.

I Thought the acting was really good from the whole cast and Extras too.

I expected a good movie but ended up seeing a great movie

8/10

Spider-Man (2002) - I gave this another re-watch after seeing new re-boot.

Well this movie didn't have much action the latest one and a lot more of story just scenes of fighting and flying.

There were A lot of slow scenes in this movie, with some really good action sequences

I do like some of story that taken away from this movie that wasn't in the re-boot.

I didn't find this movie as dark as new one, Which I still do prefer Maguire as man.

I felt like we connected a lot more in this story and cared about him (I can't say the same thing new spider-man)

The Actions scenes in this movie was really good and very decent not over the top and don't drag for too long.

The acting was really good from the whole cast.

7 out 10 really good movie
Old 02-21-2013, 07:32 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

Upside Down (2012)

Totally agree with V, brilliant concept with stunning sceneries but required a better treatment in execution. The thing is the idea of gravity & anti-gravity is always a very interesting concept to work on for any sci-fi lover & bit challenging to come up with a great story. Anyway, here they one thing for sure pretty convincingly managed to deliver is creating a fantastic world(s) with this concept which can be played with many other different ideas also other than being a premise for a cliched upper class-lower class love story. I'd rather love to see a high pace, intriguing sci-fi action-thriller where the romance part only added as a minor backdrop or side story. And so I like to believe there's still some great potential hidden in this Upside Down world which someone should utilize or at least give it a try to produce something everlasting sci-fi classics like Blade Runner or Total Recall.

>>: B+

Had to turn it off after 15 minutes. Thought it was dull as f....
Old 02-21-2013, 11:10 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Had to turn it off after 15 minutes. Thought it was dull as f....
Well, too bad there weren't too many decapitated heads flying around in those 15 minutes.

Vikings these days... :rolleyes:

Tags
movie