Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-04-2007, 07:58 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
The Untouchables

Cool movie. Great cast, and an incredible Morricone score.
Old 03-04-2007, 08:51 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Return of the Living Dead 3

Well, this was a little better than I was expecting it to be. The continuity works alright, the acting was decent. There were a few spots with decent gore and the story was alright (kind of a Pet Semetary + ROTLD blend) but it works alright. In all, I wasn't expecting much, so I was pleasently surprised. That's not to say this is a great movie though, just better than I had expected it to be.

C

Man with the Screaming Brain

Well, this was a little bit sloppy, but Bruce Campbell was still pretty entertaining. The script seemed to have some holes in it and the plot felt rushed. If you look at it as a cheesy B-movie, you won't be too let down, but if you go into it expecting Bruce Campbell's best work you will be. Ted Raimi does a pretty good job in this as well.

C-
Old 03-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Evil Dead

Deep Red
The Marine
The Prestige
Old 03-04-2007, 09:46 PM
She's under the stairs

I watched an instructional video on how to drive a forklift today. It was from germany, at one stage the driver was carrying a sheet of metal on the forks and had to stop quickly, sending the sheet into another guy cutting him in two, He then went around a blind corner to fast and stabeed one of the forks through a guys chest who was holding a chainsaw, the chainsaw was going and the driver kept driveing. Then the chain saw hit something and cut the drivers head of, the fork lift kept going and another guy got stabbed with the other fork, then they guy with the chainsaw had his arm cut of by a piece of sheet metal sticking out and the chainsaw crept along towards the guy who was cut in half, and his torso was cut in half verticly. The fork lift continued out of the warehouse and down the street.

8/10
Old 03-04-2007, 09:55 PM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease View Post
I watched an instructional video on how to drive a forklift today. It was from germany, at one stage the driver was carrying a sheet of metal on the forks and had to stop quickly, sending the sheet into another guy cutting him in two, He then went around a blind corner to fast and stabeed one of the forks through a guys chest who was holding a chainsaw, the chainsaw was going and the driver kept driveing. Then the chain saw hit something and cut the drivers head of, the fork lift kept going and another guy got stabbed with the other fork, then they guy with the chainsaw had his arm cut of by a piece of sheet metal sticking out and the chainsaw crept along towards the guy who was cut in half, and his torso was cut in half verticly. The fork lift continued out of the warehouse and down the street.

8/10
I've seen that too. It's pretty funny.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:52 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Thumbs up

Billy O'Brien's Isolation

..pretty damn good creature feature with quite a unique kind of plot. guys..who haven't seen this yet, don't dare to miss it.
>>: A-
Old 03-05-2007, 01:22 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

First Blood..
Old 03-05-2007, 02:34 AM
Evil Dead

The Serpent and the Rainbow
Old 03-05-2007, 03:43 AM
Tenant

The Secret (2006)

Interesting and enlightening documentary.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:28 AM
Evil Dead

Jekyll + Hyde (2006)
Is it wrong that I enjoyed this so much? I believe it could have definitely gotten a theatrical release, no problem. Is it perfect? No, not close. Is it a good movie? That depends on your taste. I'd say it is at least worth a watch for the visuals. A very, very stylishly directed horror featuring a model-cast (who's acting is decent enough). The music selections and sound effects are equally excellent for a movie of this budget. The gore is done well, and the modern take on this old classic is refreshing. Could it be done better? Of course. Give this one a chance.