Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-15-2005, 06:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
I forgot about Unbreakable I thought that was great too.

as for signs the only thing that freaked me out was when they first showed the alien, I thinks that's the hardest I've ever jumped at a movie. even though I knew what was about to happen just couldn't help it.
yeah the video footage of the birthday party in Brazil .. on the news ?

that was the best and only effective part in the movie (in my opinion)

it reminded me of the 2 excellent frights in The Exorcist 3.

Other than that - i think he's plumb run out of gas.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:09 AM
so bad they call her boss

Send a message via AIM to X¤MurderDoll¤X
You know he doesn't direct horror movies and isn't trying to scare anyone right?

Old 02-15-2005, 06:12 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by urgeok
yeah the video footage of the birthday party in Brazil .. on the news ?

that was the best and only effective part in the movie (in my opinion)
yeah that's it, I thought the rest of the movie was dull.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:12 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
You know he doesn't direct horror movies and isn't trying to scare anyone right?
whatever he's trying to do it's not working.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X
i agree and disagree -

..the village was sold as a horror .. there was more than one attempt to scare the audience ....

but thats not how i judge a filmmaker anyway -
I thought 6th sense and unbreakable were good films .. really good films.

i thought the next 2 were bad..in any genre
Old 02-15-2005, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
where do you think Shamalan fell off? Sixth Sense?
no..."the Villiage" is just pure shit..."The Signs" isnt very good either..
Old 02-15-2005, 09:25 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
Austin the reason I said Peter Jackson is the best Director in the world is because he was nominated best director. And who ever is voted best Director this year at the Oscars will be best Director.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:34 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
Austin the reason I said Peter Jackson is the best Director in the world is because he was nominated best director. And who ever is voted best Director this year at the Oscars will be best Director.
The oscars have fucked over so many people that sometimes I don't even take to much from them, I watch just for the hell of it and if one of my fav. celebs win something great but other than that you can't go by the oscars. If you're a real movie buff(for lack of a better word) you know who is suppose to win a oscar for any certain category and you know who's not suppose to win.

for example when Martin Scorsese got screwed out of his best director oscar for Raging Bull.

And an example of someone who shouldn't have won a oscar- Adrian Brody, he didn't do better than Jack Nicholson or Nick Cage.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Gojira
I agree with you Austin I think Peter Jackson should have been best director for 3 years but the acadamy frowns on scifi and horror movies and fantasy movies. Thats why George Lucas never got best pic for Starwars in 1977. I saw that Oscars that year and everyone the whole country knew Starwars had best picture in the bag it made the most money people were seen it 10 times. The specail effects were awesome you could not say enough about the movie. And this movie that nobody even heard about that didnt even make 10% of what Starwars did got best picture the movie was The Good bye Girl. I think the reason Jackson won best director was because like Starwars the whole world liked LOTR but in Jacksons case he had 3 movies made back to back and the acadamy just could not ignore the success of LOTR so he was voted best Director. And he deserved it bigtime.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:44 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by Gojira
I agree with you Austin I think Peter Jackson should have been best director for 3 years but the acadamy frowns on scifi and horror movies and fantasy movies. Thats why George Lucas never got best pic for Starwars in 1977. I saw that Oscars that year and everyone the whole country knew Starwars had best picture in the bag it made the most money people were seen it 10 times. The specail effects were awesome you could not say enough about the movie. And this movie that nobody even heard about that didnt even make 10% of what Starwars did got best picture the movie was The Good bye Girl. I think the reason Jackson won best director was because like Starwars the whole world liked LOTR but in Jacksons case he had 3 movies made back to back and the acadamy just could not ignore the success of LOTR so he was voted best Director. And he deserved it bigtime.
you think he should've won all three years?

I'll admit he waited three years so he deserved to sweep the oscars last year, but all three I don't think so.

2002 oscars-Ron Howard for A Beautiful Mind and Ridley Scott for Blackhawk Down.
Peter Jackson didn't do a better job than either of these guys.

2003 oscars-Martin Scorsese for Gangs of New York, Stephen Daldry for the Hours and Roman Polanski for The Pianist.

Peter Jackson wasn't even nominated in '03, he didn't do a better job than any of the three I mention and the academy thought he didn't even do a good enough job to nominated.

say what you want, but Peter Jackson isn't that great of a director. You can't tell me you think he's a better director than Martin Scorsese, cause if my memory is correct than when Scorsese was making one of at least the top five greatest movies of all time Jackson was doing some shit called the Village.