Old 07-24-2017, 08:15 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Phantom Planet

Who's idea was it to give Magmar a movie??

It was a good watch actually, so give that person a cookie.
Hahahaha!!! Magmar worked hard and he deserves his shot at super stardom! I think he's...hot.

Sorry, I kind of had to.

Watched I Was a Teenage Werewolf again.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:48 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo'd View Post
Hahahaha!!! Magmar worked hard and he deserves his shot at super stardom! I think he's...hot.

Sorry, I kind of had to.

Really like that one...would love to see it on a Double Bill with TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN.

THE HAUNTING (1963). Seems I wasn't alone in watching this...truly one of the best and scariest films ever. has given the heebie jeebies to everyone I've shown it to.
Saw this in 1975 in the Panama Canal Zone at a big old fashioned movie theater with a balcony and a huge lobby full of posters of upcoming films. Every Friday, there was an "Owl Show" starting at 10 which usually showed horror flicks (Lots of Hammers viewed). Went to check it out and the crowd was really into it, although problems arose as the print we were watching slipped into Spanish whenever Julie Harris is thinking ( usually the films had Spanish subtitles) and we had a hard time figuring what was going. Still liked it and don't think I've ever heard such screams as the part close to the end...and if You've seen it, You know what I'm talking about. *****

Avoid the horrid 1999 remake at all costs...even Lily Taylor and Liam Neeson couldn't save it.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:05 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FryeDwight View Post
Really like that one...would love to see it on a Double Bill with TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN.

THE HAUNTING (1963). Seems I wasn't alone in watching this...truly one of the best and scariest films ever. has given the heebie jeebies to everyone I've shown it to.
Saw this in 1975 in the Panama Canal Zone at a big old fashioned movie theater with a balcony and a huge lobby full of posters of upcoming films. Every Friday, there was an "Owl Show" starting at 10 which usually showed horror flicks (Lots of Hammers viewed). Went to check it out and the crowd was really into it, although problems arose as the print we were watching slipped into Spanish whenever Julie Harris is thinking ( usually the films had Spanish subtitles) and we had a hard time figuring what was going. Still liked it and don't think I've ever heard such screams as the part close to the end...and if You've seen it, You know what I'm talking about. *****

Avoid the horrid 1999 remake at all costs...even Lily Taylor and Liam Neeson couldn't save it.
The 1999 remake isn't near as good as the original. But one thing the remake did is make real good use of displaying the inside of the mansion, which is breathtaking. The main thing I didn't like about the remake is the ending. Lot's of special effects, but story conclusion very unsatisfying. I was a bit disappointed with the org's ending as well (which I thought was a bit baffling and abrupt) but there's always a worse ending I guess.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:04 AM
Evil Dead

FORBIDDEN PLANET (1956). Saw this in the 90's and thought it was incredibly overrated, almost as big a Sacred Cow as THE THING (1951). Re-watched this and found it has aged better and quite enjoyed it this time. Would love my own Robby The Robot (made Me think of LOST IN SPACE) and it reminded me very much of episodes of STAR TREK. Good special effects and a hoot watching a serious Leslie Nielsen. ***1/2
Old 07-28-2017, 11:58 AM
Horror > Everything

Quote:
FORBIDDEN PLANET (1956). Saw this in the 90's and thought it was incredibly overrated, almost as big a Sacred Cow as THE THING (1951). Re-watched this and found it has aged better and quite enjoyed it this time. Would love my own Robby The Robot (made Me think of LOST IN SPACE) and it reminded me very much of episodes of STAR TREK. Good special effects and a hoot watching a serious Leslie Nielsen. ***1/2
I love this movie. I agree that it has stood the test of time, and I may have a huge crush on Anne Francis

Just watched The Sadist for the fourth time. It just gets better and better.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:25 PM
ventricle

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean, it is very much like a cross of a star trek and lost in space ep!

Old 08-01-2017, 07:22 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I know exactly what you mean, it is very much like a cross of a star trek and lost in space ep!
That's what my wife and I were thinking too!
Old 08-01-2017, 07:23 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I love this movie. I agree that it has stood the test of time, and I may have a huge crush on Anne Francis

Just watched The Sadist for the fourth time. It just gets better and better.
THE SADIST is really good, isn't it? Truly nerve wracking and Arch Hall Jr makes a dynamite psycho.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:27 AM
Evil Dead

FANTASIA !940). Superlative Disney film with top notch animation and classical music. "The Rites of Spring" and "Night on Bald Mountain" are both excellent...have heard they based the Demon on Bela Lugosi not sure about that.
This was a big flop in its initial release and BAMBI/DUMBO had to be made on the cheap. A big hit when re-released in the late 60's, no doubt to many of the audience having injested various chemical agents. *****
Old 08-01-2017, 10:38 AM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Quote:

Sorry, I kind of had to.

Get out.

...Wait you watched Teenage Werewolf... Nevermind I'll let this one slide. But I'm watching youuuuuu.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
The 1999 remake isn't near as good as the original. But one thing the remake did is make real good use of displaying the inside of the mansion, which is breathtaking. The main thing I didn't like about the remake is the ending. Lot's of special effects, but story conclusion very unsatisfying. I was a bit disappointed with the org's ending as well (which I thought was a bit baffling and abrupt) but there's always a worse ending I guess.
The best way to watch a shitty remake:

I reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaally wish Nostalgia Critic would do House on Haunted Hill. If he doesn't I will.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!