Old 08-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Top Of The World Ma!!

i think a lot of people have finished bioshock here .. chrono was tallking about it.

Halo 2 and 3 are the only 2 games i ever finished ... so i definately have that same tendancy to start them and abandon them.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Fear scented candle

Well, I appear to be the only one who finished FEAR then.

For horror fans to havel played and not finished FEAR... Its like being a horror fan who has never seen the exorcist or texas chainsaw massacre... you HAVE to, it is too good an example of the genre not to.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:09 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodstok View Post

For horror fans to havel played and not finished FEAR... Its like being a horror fan who has never seen the exorcist or texas chainsaw massacre... you HAVE to, it is too good an example of the genre not to.

Maybe some horror fans just doesn't like shoot-em-up games.

Ever thought about that, hmm?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:29 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Quote:

I finished the game awhile back but just didn't care for it that much.they talked about how much horror was involved but in reality you spend most of your time fightint those soldiers.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I cant speak for Halo, but for the other, 2, your are in for quite a treat if you finish both this week. very different games, both with jaw dropping endings. Again, VERY different.

I wont tell you which one, but one of them will possibly make you shit your pants.

BTW, let me know when you DO finish them, I appear to be the only person here who has finished either of them.
....A lot of us here have finished BioShock (Including me). I was going to pick up F.E.A.R., but I read that it erases it's saves on the 360. And I don't have suped up graphics cards to run on PC.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:19 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
I cant speak for Halo, but for the other, 2, your are in for quite a treat if you finish both this week. very different games, both with jaw dropping endings. Again, VERY different.

I wont tell you which one, but one of them will possibly make you shit your pants.

BTW, let me know when you DO finish them, I appear to be the only person here who has finished either of them.
Hey, HEY, I finished Bioshock! :p

...and pretty much have been bugging everyone I know with a PC or console to pick it up. Ridiculously amazing game, though the final Big Bad was a little too easy to beat.

Soooooooo... You're one of the many who have recommended F.E.A.R. Maybe I'll have to pick that one up next...

I am currently playing Condemned: Criminal Origins...

aaaaaaaaaaaaand... I am a huge pussy and am totally terrified. I think it was Mothman who said it was scarier than the second one... And he's right. :o

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 08-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
I finished the game awhile back but just didn't care for it that much.they talked about how much horror was involved but in reality you spend most of your time fightint those soldiers.
It was build up. there is a lot of fighting clones and blowing shit ip, but even if the rest of the game sucked, the final 20 minutes and closing scene made up for any shortcomings in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post
....A lot of us here have finished BioShock (Including me). I was going to pick up F.E.A.R., but I read that it erases it's saves on the 360. And I don't have suped up graphics cards to run on PC.
if you can run directx 9 you can play fear. cards that can show dx9 are old these days, so you might be able too.

And you have added another argument to my list to why consoles suck ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
Hey, HEY, I finished Bioshock! :p

...and pretty much have been bugging everyone I know with a PC or console to pick it up. Ridiculously amazing game, though the final Big Bad was a little too easy to beat.

Soooooooo... You're one of the many who have recommended F.E.A.R. Maybe I'll have to pick that one up next...
I apprently missed your bioshock posts. sorry... Did you beat it as good or bad?

And yes, pick up fear. these days it is just a tad dated, but the gore, action and horror make up for it. it is ridiculously atmospheric. it plays like a horror movie, a well done horror movie.
Old 08-12-2008, 05:10 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
I apprently missed your bioshock posts. sorry... Did you beat it as good or bad?

And yes, pick up fear. these days it is just a tad dated, but the gore, action and horror make up for it. it is ridiculously atmospheric. it plays like a horror movie, a well done horror movie.
No need to apologize. Much to my dismay this forum does not revolve around me and my posts. :p

I beat Bioshock as "Good," so I think it really helped me get to a point where I was ultimately a powerhouse and the enemies weren't a real threat to me... Which took some of the challenge out of it. Then again, I was playing it on "easy." hahaha

How about you?

And if you like horror-based video games, have you picked up either of the Condemned games? Bloodshot is pretty damn good and I'm making my way through Criminal Origins now.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:15 PM
HDC Resident Serial Killa

Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
I beat it as bad first then turned around and beat it as good.I need to go throuhg and beat it on hard though.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Evil Dead

I'm playing Crackdown now. I picked it up, and haven't put it down yet. It's a lot of fun, and a lot to do.