Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-27-2008, 08:36 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Snuff: A Documentary About Killing on Camera

Any one see this pretty poor documentry?

Basically it explores the urban legend about the existance of snuff movies where people are killed on camera for the purpose of profit.

It was pretty exploitation stuff - basically showed images that it pretended to condemn in an exploitative manner (the Nick Berg film/Cannibal holocaust animal killings etc).

It finished up with a very phoney tale related by a tearfull producer how he was offered and viewed a 'real snuff film' back in the 80's.

A few other things I though sounded bogus:

They mentioned hours of footage of actual torture/murder found in the Charles Ng+Lake case. I know film was seized but i thought none of the murders were on it.

They said Me Me Lai was the girl on the post in Cannibal Holocaust (she was in Eaten alive and Jungle holocaust not CH) - minior mistake though.

I'm a little sceptical about the Russian Pedo ring selling snuff films - the story got very little coverage in the media and Dmitri Kuznetsov did fuck all jail time.
If this was the discovery of the FIRST EVER REAL SNUFF MOVIE hen surely more would be made of it....

On a similar note any one know the name of those 2 german(or was it Ductch) guys who were caught filming the murder of a prostitute which they intended to sell..
Old 09-27-2008, 10:46 AM
She's under the stairs

I haven't seen this, but I'm confused as to why you think Snuff films are an urban legend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 09-27-2008, 02:14 PM

Quote:
why you think Snuff films are an urban legend.
Because under the definition (used by the FBI) that a snuff movie is a film of a murder that is done solely for the purposes of destribution for profit there is zero evidence to support the act they exist.

The closest I've seen is that russian case but it recieved such minor coverage for something so important and the actual evidence seems sketchy.

There was also a case of 2 european guys killing a prosititute with the intent to film and distribute it but they were caught and it seemed they had no distribution network..

If you have proof to the contary you should contact Al Goldstein (editor of Screw Magazine) who was offerering a $1,000,000 reward to any one who could prove they exist.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:22 AM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Because under the definition (used by the FBI) that a snuff movie is a film of a murder that is done solely for the purposes of destribution for profit there is zero evidence to support the act they exist.

The closest I've seen is that russian case but it recieved such minor coverage for something so important and the actual evidence seems sketchy.

There was also a case of 2 european guys killing a prosititute with the intent to film and distribute it but they were caught and it seemed they had no distribution network..

If you have proof to the contary you should contact Al Goldstein (editor of Screw Magazine) who was offerering a $1,000,000 reward to any one who could prove they exist.
The thing is, people are not about to come out and admit they are involved in Snuff....... Or that they have one on tape in their draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 09-28-2008, 02:28 AM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

To tell you the truth I really would not be surprised in the least if the stuff actually did exist. THe human race is fucked in the head. Simple as that.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:24 AM

Quote:
The thing is, people are not about to come out and admit they are involved in Snuff....... Or that they have one on tape in their draw.
Obviously no one will come out for no reason and admit something like that but considering the amount of peophile distributors/networks that have been busted and not a single snuff movie has ever been discovered.

I can see the common 'common sense' arguement works and that snuff is a natural extention of hard core BDSM films but i I find it hard to believe that there is a type of crime that a large number of people believe is happening yet there a single tape has yet to be discovered (according to the FBI or Scotlandland yard).

Last edited by Ferox13; 09-28-2008 at 03:26 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Chrono's Lesbian Lover

Quote:
Obviously no one will come out for no reason and admit something like that but considering the amount of peophile distributors/networks that have been busted and not a single snuff movie has ever been discovered.

I can see the common 'common sense' arguement works and that snuff is a natural extention of hard core BDSM films but i I find it hard to believe that there is a type of crime that a large number of people believe is happening yet there a single tape has yet to be discovered (according to the FBI or Scotlandland yard).
It could always be something that the rich and powerful, aka people with ways to hide or deal with things such as this, would indulge in. I mean, if you wanted one made, it seems like it would cost you a whole lot of money anyways. SO that might be a reason, though this is just my thoughts on it.
You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to AmericanManiac Send a message via AIM to AmericanManiac Send a message via Skype™ to AmericanManiac
I have been interested in this topic for awhile now. Although I am sure they probably do exists, like most of you said people are not going to come forward. I my self would probably wanna check one out.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
I my self would probably wanna check one out.
I hope that was a typo...

Quote:
It could always be something that the rich and powerful, aka people with ways to hide or deal with things such as this, would indulge in.
Yeah - I think alot of people invision the Ilsa harem Keeper/white slavery type scenario when it comes to the snuff film.

I think Henry Lee Lucas claimed at one time to work for THE HAND OF DEATH - an organized cult of Satanists who made snuff movies. I also remember an inview with a hooker in Fatal Visions who claimed to be involved with them too. And of course the Manson Family were also alleged to be involved in the making of them - infact I think thats where the term was first coined.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Fatal Visions
Damn that was a great 'zine.

I haven't seen the documentary yet because I've read nothing but poor reviews.

What actually constitutes a snuff film? There's a lot of real life shootings, beheadings and shit on the internet that could be considered snuff.

I'm dubious of anything Henry Lee Lucas said, him and the truth have a shady relationship.