Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-28-2008, 02:32 AM
AsteroidsDoNotConcernMe

Does your film have..........werewolves?

Friend....gooooood!

Old 09-28-2008, 02:36 AM
Synthetic Flesh

So, you come to a forum where you are not a contributing member.

You ask a series of questions that you hope people will answer for your benefit.

You get two replies - Roderick and Phalanx both give you an answer to your question.

So the respondents didn't exactly kiss your feet for allowing them to participate in your market research. You should be happy that anyone bothered responding at all. After all, you aren't exactly a regular member of the forum.

Now look at your most recent post:

"Asking questions is not a crime. It's not rude or detrimental to your health. You should be happy someone is interested in your opinion. "

A bit narcissistic there? Market research is everywhere. Some of them are even willing to pay for the opinions of others. So what makes your questions so special? It's not like they haven't been asked countless times before.

"First off, I've only made one movie. WHY would I want to be a regular at this board? Are you people nice? Why don't you go through all the posts at this thread, and put yourself in the poster's position. You all seem pretty IMMATURE. But, if this thread doesn't convince you, go to REAL HORROR FANS, that's a joy. I've put links to that thread at real forums with intelligent people, who are constructive in their replies. "

Well that's a great way to get people here interested in helping you. Insult the entire forum. Works every time, I'm sure.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:47 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

i dont digital, i analog

Old 09-28-2008, 04:17 AM
Evil Dead

I thought I was being nice?
Old 09-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Evil Dead

"Awwwwww man, I really wanted to see your movie too.... not really."

I'm just crushed. I might as well curl up in a ball and die. Better yet, you do it for me.

"Does your film have..........werewolves?"

I don't think so.

"So, you come to a forum where you are not a contributing member."

You know what I say to that, you're a bunch of pussies. Whiney little children. You don't talk to us on a regular basis, so... blah, blah, blah.. GROW UP!

"You ask a series of questions that you hope people will answer for your benefit."

WRONG, many peoples benefits. Any indie filmmaker that might come to this God-Forsaken forum might find the information useful.

"You get two replies - Roderick and Phalanx both give you an answer to your question."

Such nice kind answers they were.

"So the respondents didn't exactly kiss your feet"

They can both kiss my ass. I'll put that up on youtube.

"Market research is everywhere."

This isn't MARKET RESEARCH the way you think about it. It's one film maker asking a bunch of horror fans their opinion. It's not going any further then this board. Get a fucking life.

"So what makes your questions so special?"

I don't know the answers. So they're special to me. But, since you're the expert. What are the answers? How many people DO or Would buy downloadable movies?

"It's not like they haven't been asked countless times before. "

Show me where?

"Well that's a great way to get people here interested in helping you. Insult the entire forum. Works every time, I'm sure."

Like I said after the first two posts. I KEEP FORGETTING WHAT CRABBY, NASTY PEOPLE YOU ARE. I'm pretty sure I'll remember now. I don't want your interest or your help. Because as this post shows (and Real horror fans) many of you are USELESS and childish.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:21 AM
Misanthrope

I wouldn't take any of this shit to heart dude. Whats the flick about anyways? Got a website or anything so I can check it out?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Fear scented candle

This forum is a community ofmany long time posters who see a multitude of self-promoting jackasses come in and say "watch my stuff" then disappear. Anyone who appears to be doing the same thing will be set upon like a wounded zebra. It isnt rude or immature, it is a result of years of people trying to use this place for free advertising.

In the future, i would recommend looking for posts similar to the one you plan on making to see how it is recieved. Anything that could even remotely be contstrued as self-promotion from a non-regular member is going to get attacked.

So is making itemized posts reacting to everything that was previously posted to you. Its kind of immature. ;)
Old 09-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Cranky

To be fair- vanlutz has made posts in non-self-promoting threads.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 09-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlutz View Post
"...many of you are USELESS and childish.

i'm useless, Newb is childish
Old 09-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
I don't know the answers. So they're special to me. But, since you're the expert. What are the answers? How many people DO or Would buy downloadable movies?
I guess the answer is pretty obvious: No. It wasnt that hard to get out o fall the responses you recieved. A rude response to a question like this is the same as a "Maybe" from the prom queen when a nerd asks her out on a date: NO.

Quote:
Like I said after the first two posts. I KEEP FORGETTING WHAT CRABBY, NASTY PEOPLE YOU ARE. I'm pretty sure I'll remember now. I don't want your interest or your help. Because as this post shows (and Real horror fans) many of you are USELESS and childish.
And yet you continue to respond. Do their responses really hurt your feelings so much that you feelthe overwhelming need to continually address each and every thing that is posted in your direction, no matter how meaningless and obviously jokingly they are made?

For the record, Phalanx isnt rude, he is direct and honest. He become srude when pushed (much to our collective amusement)

Roderick is a professional screenwriter with some very impressive recent accomplishments, so you should hangon his every work regarding movies. but he hurt your feelings, so you no longer have any use for him do you?