Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-22-2013, 07:02 AM
Little Boo

The Purge (2013)

Red band trailer for new movie "The Purge" starring Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey (Cersei on Game of Thrones): http://thepurge.ca

Plot from Wikipedia:

Quote:
In the year 2022, the United States is prospering with an unemployment rate at 1% and crime at an all-time low. To keep this prosperity the government creates an annual 12-hour period from the evening of June 7 to the morning of June 8 in which all criminal activity, including murder, becomes legal. During this time, police and hospitals suspend all assistance services and execute citizens who refuse to participate. This event, known as The Purge, is designed to serve as a catharsis for the American people, giving them a chance to vent all negative emotions however they desire, with the ultimate goal of keeping unemployment and crime at extremely low levels for the rest of the year. During this night of violence and crime, a stranger screaming for help is let into James Sandin's fortified house during their yearly lock down. The family is then forced into conflict between their beliefs of right and wrong, and a sequence of events involving the stranger's pursuers puts the family's chances of survival in danger.
Sounds kinda cool, and looks pretty creepy.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Evil Dead

That might be interesting... I'm more into supernatural horror, but the trailer was kind of disturbing to me, so I might give it a chance :-)
Old 05-23-2013, 07:43 AM
Little Boo

Haha. If you thought the trailer was disturbing, you're REALLY going to hate these pictures. Really gives a more detailed look at those weird masks the bad guys are wearing: http://imgur.com/a/IqYnR

Not a lot of supernatural goings on, but apparently it's from the dude who did "Paranormal Activity." Nice to see him branching out!
Old 05-23-2013, 12:55 PM
Evil Dead

Well the masks aren't really scaring me, but as much as I love monsters, ghosts and demons, I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to realistic violence.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 PM
Sometimes dead is better

I am really excited about this film. This film's premise is one of the most creative I have heard of in at least a decade. I hope the film will be as good as its premise.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:49 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
I am really excited about this film. This film's premise is one of the most creative I have heard of in at least a decade. I hope the film will be as good as its premise.
So here's the thing - I think that the premise is interesting, but it's just another home invasion movie, you know?

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 05-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
So here's the thing - I think that the premise is interesting, but it's just another home invasion movie, you know?
Pretty much what you're getting if you can get past the initial herculean task of a premise that requires a suspension of disbelief.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:38 AM
Evil Dead

This sounds interesting and I think it has potential. I will definitely be checking it out.