Old 12-15-2008, 06:32 AM
For Vendetta

The Crow will fly again!

December 14, 2008

Stephen Norrington has signed on to write and direct a reinvention of “The Crow,” based on the comic created by James O’Barr.

Ryan Kavanaugh’s Relativity Media is negotiating with producer Ed Pressman to acquire the film franchise and finance the film.

Pressman produced the 1994 Alex Proyas-directed screen transfer, in which rock musician Eric Draven is murdered trying to rescue his girlfriend from thugs, and returns from the dead one year later to exact vengeance.

Though the original became a gothic-style hit that grossed nearly $100 million worldwide, it is primarily remembered for a tragic accident in which star Brandon Lee was killed during filming.

For Norrington, “The Crow” deal marks the end of a long screen sabbatical. After making his breakthrough with the Marvel Comics hero “Blade,” Norrington took on a big-budget comic transfer with “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.” Neither the director nor his star, Sean Connery, has made a film since.

Norrington said he felt demoralized by that experience, and the accomplished sculptor spent the next five years writing and working on his art. He made a deal to direct “Clash of the Titans” for Warner Bros., but left the project, he said, because he was “unable to excite Warner Bros. with my take, or influence the screenplay to any comfortable extent.” That pic goes into production early next year with Louis Leterrier at the helm.

Norrington resolved to focus on independent projects, and sparked to an approach on “The Crow” from Relativity production chief Tucker Tooley and Pressman. Norrington had a relationship with Pressman when they came close to making “Mutant Chronicles” several years ago. Both embraced Norrington’s vision of the antihero, which Norrington said will be different than the film Proyas made.

“Whereas Proyas’ original was gloriously gothic and stylized, the new movie will be realistic, hard-edged and mysterious, almost documentary-style,” Norrington explained.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:41 AM
Undead

Oh god, Norrington's got bugger all real directorial experience and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is one of the worst films ever made. To get him to try and resurect a franchise which has gone down the toilet is akin to getting Axel Rose to resurect jazz music. I hope this dies in development hell.
The first Crow was a great film which doesn't need 'reimagining'.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:56 AM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
I'm one of the few that really enjoyed LXG, but I really can't see Norrington doing a very good job on this...
Old 12-15-2008, 08:17 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

you know what is kind of weird and ironic ? Heath Ledger would have made a great crow.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:59 PM
Undead

Send a message via AIM to DeVuL Send a message via Yahoo to DeVuL
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
you know what is kind of weird and ironic ? Heath Ledger would have made a great crow.
I must agree to this.. in fact, want to hear some really scary shit??

Before Heath died, I was talking to my mom about how he looked in the Dark Knight, and she said something along the lines of "He reminds me of Brandon Lee as the Crow"...

swear to God, next day, he was found dead...

I'm like, "MOM! You just killed Heath!" She didn't find it to be at all amusing, but scary and ironic at the same time...

But yes, he would have made a HELL of a Crow...

RIP Heath and congrats on the Golden Globe!

...Demon to some, Angel to others...

"Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!" -- "That's it man, game over man, game over! What the fuck are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?" Aliens (1986)
Old 01-27-2009, 02:55 AM
Don't close your eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
I couldn't agree more with this statement. People are happy to say that Heaths films weren't that great. I disagree, at the time it was said that "he was going to be the next Mel Gibson". Maybe, maybe not but if you look at his "serious" work, Candy, Ned Kelly, and Two hands, you will see that he was destined to become big and this even before his role as the Joker. Personally The original Crow doesn't need to be remade, it is a classic as it is.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Plaguewind Send a message via MSN to Plaguewind
Well, I'm one of those people who do like The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen...

But Honestly, remake The Crow? What the hell are they thinking?!?!

PS: yeap, no matter what people might say... Mr. Ledger was on his way to become REALLY big...
Old 01-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via Yahoo to FrightyMcgee
I have to agree with Rodus way up there. I'm not a fan or Norrington's work. His choices show a great lack of understanding when it comes to characters and storytelling. I'm kind of depressed to hear he's the one they picked.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:40 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguewind View Post

PS: yeap, no matter what people might say... Mr. Ledger was on his way to become REALLY big...

not gettimg much work now, is he?

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 02-02-2009, 03:05 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to Death_for_all
all im going to say on this matter is, if brandon lee cant play the crow (for obvious reasons) then dont bother remaking it....it just wont be the same