Old 05-15-2013, 05:51 AM
Love is like dying

movies you hated but now love

hey guys, dont think there is a thread of this.
which movies have you hated, then grown on you and became favorite movies.

eraserhead i hated first couple times,but more i watched it the more i loved it.
tetsuo ironman, reminded me a little like eraserhead, but i hated this movie for a long time but became a personal fave of mine in the end.

love to hear some of yours cheers.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Evil is Better

I didn't like Underworld and Boogeyman the first time I saw them but after watching them again I actually found myself enjoying them. I wouldn't say I love them or anything but I lije them alright now

Old 05-15-2013, 02:22 PM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I didn't like Underworld and Boogeyman the first time I saw them but after watching them again I actually found myself enjoying them. I wouldn't say I love them or anything but I lije them alright now
i watched boogeyman when it first came out and dint think much to it neither, but was thinking of watching it again myself. i never liked underworld.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Evil Dead

When I first watched Halloween 3 on video, and I realized that Michael Myers was not going to be making an appearance, I HATED it! I felt so cheated! It was a complete bait and switch! I wanted Michael Myers and all I got was a stretched out episode of rockford files, or other old private investigator show. A few years ago, I watched it for shits and giggles and I really appreciated it. there's a whole sociological message to it, like The Stuff or a Cronenberg flick.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:57 AM
Admitted Newb

Yeah, Halloween 3 is definitely one of those that is MUCH better--should simply have been released as "Season of the Witch" and it would have done well I think. People expectations for Michael Myers really killed it.

I also was disappointed in "They Live" when I first saw it, but now really like it.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangas View Post
I also was disappointed in "They Live" when I first saw it, but now really like it.
I refused to even give "They Live" a chance. I'm supposed to watch a movie and take it seriously that stars Rowdy ROddy Piper? no thanks! but I finally watched it last summer and was kicking myself for not watching it earlier. It was such an amazing movie, even if Rowdy Roddy was in it.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:34 AM
Scares Little Kids

When I first watched the remake of Dawn of the Dead and Land of the Dead I hated both of them, but now they're two of my favorite zombie movies.

I originally didn't like the remake of Dawn of the Dead because of the anti-homosexual message during one scene where a guy on TV was saying that the zombie outbreak was judgment day and that basically God was punishing humans for (among other things) allowing people to have men-on-men relationships. But now I just tell myself that that scene was just one way of interpreting the zombie outbreak and that it doesn't reflect the views of all the characters (and even one of the characters was gay).

And I originally didn't like Land of the Dead because it was a farcry from George A. Romero's previous zombie films which were all strictly horror movies, and Land of the Dead seemed more like a campy apocalyptic action movie. However over time I've started getting more into campy action movies and back when I used to play video games I loved this apocalyptic game called Fallout 3 which had a settlement called Tenpenny Tower which was inspired by Fiddler's Green from this movie. So now I really like this movie too.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Living Dead

I hated Hellraiser but since I've watched some of the other Hellraisers I've grown to like the first one more...
Old 06-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Evil Dead

I was really disappointed in Bride of Chucky when I first saw it. Since then though, I've come to really appreciate the comedic elements of it and now watch it at least once a month.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:48 AM
Evil Dead

Halloween 3 as well for me and Land of the Dead as well, I am sure there more, i can't think of them at the moment!