Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Perfect companion piece to The Haunting, and certainly a very suitable Halloween watch.
I always liked this movie....creepy as hell.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:24 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I always liked this movie....creepy as hell.
I had it as a double bill with The Haunting last October. Perfect spookfests.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
I had it as a double bill with The Haunting last October. Perfect spookfests.
You could toss in The Changling and have a "Triple Haunted House Horror Spectacular" :D
Old 10-08-2009, 10:37 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
You could toss in The Changling and have a "Triple Haunted House Horror Spectacular" :D
Perfect blend. Together with The Others and House on Haunted Hill, it would make one heck of a Haunted House Marathon.

And at the end of it all, the wife would crawl under the covers, shaking in sheer fright. No sex for that night.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Shark Swarm

Made for TV timewaster, surprised to see F Murray Abraham in it. As B movies go it was OK but you really need to have a love for the (classic) old crap films to appreciate the new crap films like this.

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 10-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick Usher View Post
I can't understand the attraction to Halloween II. Please do not take this as an attack on you, because one of my best friends LOVES H2. I just can't stand the film.

It's a week re-tread with poor direction, bad acting, an annoying interpreatation of one of the greatest soundtracks of all time and the lead character (the only truly sympathetic and fully realized character in the film) is asleep until the climax.:confused:

Sure it ends well, but getting to that ending is like pulling teeth. John Carpenter's Halloween is soooooo good, but the sequel feels empty and uninspired to me.
I love it myself and it ranks up there as one of my all time favorite horror films. The pacing of it is just menacing and there's plenty of tense moments just like the original. Each to their own...
Old 10-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse mac View Post
Shark Swarm

Made for TV timewaster, surprised to see F Murray Abraham in it. As B movies go it was OK but you really need to have a love for the (classic) old crap films to appreciate the new crap films like this.
I was going to hire that the other night, might give it a spin seeing as I love the classic 'old crap films' :)
Old 10-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Midnight toker

Quote:
I can't understand the attraction to Halloween II. Please do not take this as an attack on you, because one of my best friends LOVES H2. I just can't stand the film.

It's a week re-tread with poor direction, bad acting, an annoying interpreatation of one of the greatest soundtracks of all time and the lead character (the only truly sympathetic and fully realized character in the film) is asleep until the climax.:confused:

Sure it ends well, but getting to that ending is like pulling teeth. John Carpenter's Halloween is soooooo good, but the sequel feels empty and uninspired to me.

I'd rather watch Halloween III, as incoherent as it may be, anyday.
I see what your saying to a degree, but for me, H2 represents one of the better sequels out there. It takes advantage of the set- up provided by Halloween and offers a simple bare bones approach to the format. Still plenty of nice touches along the way, little bit of added brutality, classic ending and some fine moments from Donald Plesance. I know its execution is crude but I guess I forgive it its faults because, generally speaking, it delivers what I'm looking for.
Old 10-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Evil Puppy

Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D

Not much to say that hasn't been said countless times, although the texture work on 2 was incredible.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:59 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:

I'd rather watch Halloween III, as incoherent as it may be, anyday.
I completely agree with you, I was very disappointed with H2.

Click for B-Movie reviews!