Old 11-30-2020, 01:30 AM
Evil Dead

DEATH GAME (1977). Decent albeit nasty film that has elements I'm sure inspired parts of FATAL ATTRACTION (1987) and THE STRANGERS (2008). Seymour Cassel plays a content family man left alone on his birthday who hears a knock on the door and finds two lost Young women out in the rain. He invites them in to dry off and one thing leads to another with some steamy action! Problems arise the next day, as for reasons that become clear, His two Houseguests just aren't ready to leave yet...
Many trials/tribulations kept this in limbo for a couple of years (saw Sissy Spacek and Bill Paxton names in the production credits) and not a big success. Thought it was decent with good performances by SC and the two women, played by Sondra Locke (a couple of years before the Clint Eastwood films) and adorable Colleen Camp (always have liked her spots in many films like POLICE ACADEMY 2, THE VAGRANT, WAYNES WORLD ), even if they are both crazy as Shithouse rats! My copy wasn't the best and a little too much noise (scraping/yelling/laughing), but worth a look and another film showing what happens when You let the little head do the thinking for the big head! ***
Old 12-11-2020, 05:07 AM
This is a test

PHANTASM 1978
Old 12-12-2020, 01:39 PM
Evil Dead

Thumbs up

I finally got to see "Blackenstein" from 1973, and it was about time. Although the editing and picture quality are not the best by any stretch of the imagination, the story does keep interest, and it has an understandable character you can relate to and symphathise with, especially with the first guy he goes after when becoming the monster. I also knew the jealous assistant who really turned him into the monster because he had a crush on the man's wife had it coming to him. The monster also looks cool for older school lower budget standards. I'll give it a worth a look for at least one time.
Old 12-18-2020, 01:59 AM
Evil Dead

MS. 45 (1981)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SPOILERS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Zoe Tamerlis ( 17 when She made this and died only about 20 years later) is wonderful as a Mute Seamstress who works for a Demanding employer, hears sexist taunts while She and her Co-Workers leave for the Day and is raped twice in one afternoon. During the second attack, she manages to turn the tables, get his Gun and then it's DEATH WISH/REPULSION territory as Zoe begins targeting Lowlifes throughout the city (although I felt the Guy in Chinatown really had nothing wrong and sort of relieved He escapes). Low budget sort of hampers the overall effect, but some great scenes, especially the sequence in Central Park. As the film continues, Zoe (who wears little to no makeup in the beginning-looking like a young Natasha Kinski) increases her Hunting skills and is all but glammed out by the end! ****
Old 12-24-2020, 05:09 AM
病気の

The Fog, 1980. 8/10

Director: John Carpenter

Old 12-25-2020, 01:40 AM
Evil Dead

MADHOUSE (1974). Enjoy the acting of Vincent Price and Peter Cushing, but not even they (along with Robert Quarry-COUNT YORGA, SUGAR HILL-, Adrienne Corri-THE HELLFIRE CLUB, A CLOCKWORK ORANGE- and Linda Hayden-TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA, VAMPIRA) can save this listless tale of a successful Horror actor who may have killed his Fiancee and while making a TV comeback, murders very similar to his films occur.
An interesting premise (very much like TARGETS), but doesn't try at all to do anything to progress the story and I was checking the time to see how long was left; never a good sign. Boris Karloff and Basil Rathbone get a Special Guest billing (despite being deceased for several years) via clips from TALES OF TERROR and THE RAVEN, along with PIT AND THE PENDULUM, THE HAUNTED PALCE AND HOUSE OF USHER. See it if You are a completest as I am, but keep some coffee nearby. **
Old 12-26-2020, 07:44 AM
病気の

Silent Night, Deadly Night, 1984. 7/10

Director: Charles E. Sellier Jr.

Old 12-27-2020, 02:35 AM
病気の

Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell, 1974. 7/10

Director: Terence Fisher

A Taste of Evil, 1971. 7/10

Director: John Llewellyn Moxey

Old 12-27-2020, 05:34 PM
No, fuck YOU

Blood Hook 6/10
Old 12-30-2020, 02:21 AM
Evil Dead

ANY WHICH WAY YOU CAN (1980). Like Clint Eastwood and borrowed this from a friend. Never saw ANY WHICH WAY BUT LOOSE-the whole premise just sounded too much like the wretched SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT. There are a lot of performers here I like and occasional laughs ("Turn right, Clyde"), but so much filler and I can't imagine anyone racing to see this. *1/2