Old 10-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Cranky

That IS disappointing there were so few people in the audience.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 10-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Evil Dead

Just got back from the "Frankenstein/ Bride Of Frankenstein" double feature. What a truly awesome way to see these classics. A good crowd of fans and excellent copies of both films. This is a great way to celebrate Halloween.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdealblues View Post
Just got back from seeing the original Frankenstein & Bride Of Frankenstein on the Big Screen. Pretty cool event. It was kind of sad there were only about 30 people in the theater though. Anyway, it was pretty fun getting to take my Dad to see a couple of his childhood favorites. The picture quality was impressive. Noticed lots of little things we never noticed on the small screen.
thats fukin awsome,i would have been glad there was fuck all people there,people are noisey
Old 10-25-2012, 04:12 AM
Guitarist Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard of gore View Post
thats fukin awsome,i would have been glad there was fuck all people there,people are noisey
Yeah, it was nice that it wasn't noisy but it's just sad that so few people (at least in my area) appreciate things like that. There was one younger guy who kept going out to use the phone and probably missed half of both movies, but other than him everyone else sat quietly watching the movies. No screaming kids or babies, no one talking and no one coughing through the whole thing.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Evil Dead

"Hound Of The Baskervilles" (1959)
Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee

Plot: IMDB
Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson investigate the legend of a supernatural hound, a beast that may be stalking a young heir on the fog-shrouded moorland that makes up his estate.

Phantom's Review: While not one of my favorite Holmes films, this is nonetheless a superior mystery film with the ususal Hammer Film atmosphere and style. Cushing makes for a fine Holmes and Christopher Lee is a bit subdued as Sir Henry Baskerville. Well made and entertaining even though they made a few changes to the Arthur Conan Doyle story.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Evil Dead

"Curse Of the Undead"(1959)
-Michael Pate, Eric Fleming

Plot: IMDB
Young women in a small Western town are dying one by one of an unknown malady involving massive blood loss. The Carter family's ranch is being terrorized by ruthless land baron Buffer. And a mysterious black-clad gunfighter with an aversion to sunlight has just arrived in town.

Phantom's Review: I love this film. I watch it every Halloween. While most definitely a "B" movie, this is actually a very good "B" movie. It's able to combine elements from both supernatural horror and western into one story and make it good. Filled with familiar character actors that are easily recognizable to fans, some nice creepy atmosphere and a great spooky music score. This is a fun Halloween treat for those of us who are fans of both Horror and Westerns.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:11 AM
From The Beyond

Brighton Rock (1947)-Brit noir set in the seaside town showing off it's underbelly of gangster crimes in the 40s. Astonishing to see a younger William Hartnell than the old crackpot we saw him as in Doctor Who as one of the gansters.I thought personally the character of Pinkie (Richard Attenborough) was overplayed as the cold gang leader but the film overall is very effective in creating the tense atmosphere of the town in both daylight and at night time which is to be commended. Essential viewing for Film Noir fans.

Last edited by Fearonsarms; 10-30-2012 at 08:11 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Living Dead

I Bury the Living

I watched an old classic last night, I Bury the Living from 1957 with Richard Boone and Theodore Bikel. Scary movie, even as old as it is. Awsome B+W photography, very effective soundtrack music, and Boone and Bikel give great creepy performances.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:04 AM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyisme View Post
I watched an old classic last night, I Bury the Living from 1957 with Richard Boone and Theodore Bikel. Scary movie, even as old as it is. Awsome B+W photography, very effective soundtrack music, and Boone and Bikel give great creepy performances.
Not seen that-added to "to watch" list cheers :)
Old 11-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Little Boo

I think it was Rosemarys Baby. A real classic!