Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-17-2003, 07:14 PM
warprophet

freddy vs jason? whats your take on the movie?

as alot of you horror fans may allready know freddy vs jason should be out soon (is it allready out in america?)
whats your take on it? i mean it seams to have more action potential then horror realy, any thoughts?

P.S. i placed a 100 dollar bet on jason!
Old 10-17-2003, 07:18 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
It's been out in the states for a while. I think we've all seen it by now. I actually wasn't that impressed with it. It did have more of an action feel to it. I just thought it sucked that you get to see great old footage of Freddy and none of Jason b/c Paramount owns the old stuff. I'm more of a Jason fan and it was definitely a Freddy movie. Jason did kick his ass though, IMO.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:31 PM
warprophet

il still go see it though, reviews mean little to me, and whats imo btw? i always wanted to know but never asked.
iv only seen the trailer, jason looks better then ever with modern technology implemented....its something about him isnt there? the way he walks...and he always walks, but always catches up to you and then some.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:50 PM
Cryptkeeper

Send a message via AIM to avenger00soul Send a message via Yahoo to avenger00soul
IMO means in my opinion. Hum...I think I've explained that ten times today.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:02 AM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via ICQ to CrystalLake Send a message via AIM to CrystalLake Send a message via Yahoo to CrystalLake
I thought Freddy vs. Jason was a really good movie. It wasn't that scary, basically only one part. And that was when the guy popped out of the bushes. Hehe.. But I loved the cast. Especially Mrs. Voorhees! OO.. She rocked. It would've been better to have Betsy Palmer ( Orginal Mrs. Voorhees ) return as her. But hey.. I'm satisfied with how Paula played her. And i agree, it was more of a Nightmare On Elm Street movie, hopefully the sequel turns out to be a Friday one.
Jason...my special, special boy. Do you know what your gift is? No matter what they do to you, you cannot die. You can never die. You've just been sleeping, honey. But now, the time has come to wake up. Mommy has something she wants you to do! I need you to go to Elm Street... the children have been very bad on Elm Street! Rise up, Jason! Your work isn't finished yet! Hear my voice and live again! Make them remember me Jason... MAKE THEM REMEMBER WHAT FEAR TASTES LIKE!
- Mrs. Pamela Voorhees
Old 10-18-2003, 11:11 AM
warprophet

thanks avenger, you just made me a little smarter.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:36 AM
Evil Dead

I just saw this movie last week, and this movie has been discussed a hell lot on this forum.. It was okay not the best movie. But it did pick up in the middle and start to get better. I am more of a Jason fan and like more of Friday the 13th movies but in my opinion Freddy vs. Jason should have never been made. I just dont like it when they cross horror characters ... But that is just my opionion:)
Old 10-18-2003, 11:57 AM
Cryptkeeper

Quote:
Originally posted by CrystalLake
It would've been better to have Betsy Palmer ( Orginal Mrs. Voorhees ) return as her.
I was hoping that they would get Betsy Palmer too. That would have brought the movie up a notch.
Old 10-18-2003, 12:33 PM
warprophet

no matter the outcome i have to keep a close eye on my bet dont i?
Old 10-18-2003, 12:36 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via ICQ to CrystalLake Send a message via AIM to CrystalLake Send a message via Yahoo to CrystalLake
Question F vs. J

Is Betsy Palmer still even alive? I know she appeared in the ''Fear: Resurrection '' movie.. inwhich I have to see that. But something could've maybe happened to her after that??
Jason...my special, special boy. Do you know what your gift is? No matter what they do to you, you cannot die. You can never die. You've just been sleeping, honey. But now, the time has come to wake up. Mommy has something she wants you to do! I need you to go to Elm Street... the children have been very bad on Elm Street! Rise up, Jason! Your work isn't finished yet! Hear my voice and live again! Make them remember me Jason... MAKE THEM REMEMBER WHAT FEAR TASTES LIKE!
- Mrs. Pamela Voorhees