Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Foreign Horror Movies

Old 11-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Ninja Wizard

Send a message via AIM to Death By Jell-O Send a message via Yahoo to Death By Jell-O
There seems to be a shortage of good Horror movies since the 70's and early 80's.....Think about it....How many sequels are there? Sure, there's something to be said about taking a good idea and running with it, but there comes a point where it's time for something new.......

Quote:
Originally Stolen From UrgeOK
Standard Disclaimer.

we the undersigned realize that a woman is a complete being - not a group of individual parts.
We enjoy every aspects of the women and respect them as people. Any mention of specific bodyparts does not diminish this fact.

thank you, the management.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:36 PM
Banned

the reason you don't see many new ideas is because the producers wont see anyone unless they have been through some sort of film/film production school. where they are pumped so full of the same old ideas and formulas that all original thought that they once had is totaly squashed. sure its important for these people to get educated about the film industry. but there are so many schools an so many people trying to get into these schools that they have turned into nothing more than a money making production line. where some failed hack pumps their student heads full of his ideas of what a good movie is about.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:46 PM
The Emperor of America

Send a message via AIM to The STE
Ichi the Killer wouldn't translate. Period. Not saying it wouldn't translate well, it would not translate at all. Even the name wouldn't work.
A lot of Miike just wouldn't work. Audition wouldn't work because one of the biggest things was the contrast in the girl between the first 90-ish minutes and the last 30. The girl would NOT be that meek if the movie were American. The movie would pretty much fall apart. Hippie censorship groups aside, Visitor Q MIGHT could work, but it would be toned down anyways, and then the point of the movie is gone.

So no. Miike won't be remade, mostly because most of his stuff can't be remade.

===

WATCH MY MOVIES(UPDATED: 5/7/08, "No Exit")
RING OF HONOR: BEST WRESTLING IN THE WORLD

TOO GOOD FOR THE HDC BATTLE ROYALE
Old 11-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
i have some sweet ideas for movies but havent been to a film school YET.....August baby i hope to get on that shit lol
Old 11-08-2004, 10:49 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to gren Send a message via Yahoo to gren
just dont forget us little people ;) esp ME!! :D lol
Old 11-09-2004, 06:05 AM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
trust me baby as soon as i get to Cali we are going out to eat lol....and BTW thanks for not answering last night I told you i'd call back
Old 11-09-2004, 07:15 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ichi the killer
Quote:
Originally posted by Shade
When they remake Ichi the Killer I'm gonna take a cue from Boiling Point and driving a tanker into the production company. You can take away my Ring, you can ruin my Dark Water, but you can never take my Takashi Miike!...at least I hope they can't...
Have nt you heard about the american remake of Takashi miikes AUDITION? At the end of the film they fall in love & live happily ever after.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the Angels in Heaven you've never seen evil so singularly personified..... as you did in the face of the man who KILLED you.

When the earth spits out the dead, they will return to tear the flesh from the living!
Old 11-09-2004, 07:37 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to ichi the killer
Idea shortage: Worst remake ever!

Following on from what SHADE started. Is it any different now to what it was like in the 80's. There were some great films made in the 80's in Italy & America but the ideas soon ran dry & all we got were slasher films & a lot of poor zombie & cannibal films ( hell of the living dead/ zombie creeping flesh anyone?)
Anyway WORST REMAKE: it's not horror but the film was fucking horrible.
SYLVESTER STALLONE in GET CARTER.
Just loved that happy ending guys.
Do you know who i am? I'm the ANTICHRIST. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the Angels in Heaven you've never seen evil so singularly personified..... as you did in the face of the man who KILLED you.

When the earth spits out the dead, they will return to tear the flesh from the living!
Old 11-09-2004, 07:42 AM
Banned

i did like to see Mickey Rourke getting work though ..

i thought (speaking of michael caine) that The italian Job remake was a piece of shit too
Old 11-09-2004, 09:22 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Shade Send a message via Yahoo to Shade
An Audition remake? Agh. I honestly hope you're wrong though I'm afraid you might not be -.-. If you're going to make a remake at least give do the original story justice and follow the story. Don't try to make the movie better only to come up short instead.