Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Wicked Witch Of The North

Send a message via MSN to BookZombie Send a message via Yahoo to BookZombie Send a message via Skype™ to BookZombie
Latest Acquisition: Computer Game

I have not seen a latest acquisition thread for computer games on this forum while there is one for movies so I just wanted to start such a thread.

The latest computer games I got was.

Dead Space 2 PS3
Read Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare PS3
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll PS3
Venetica PS3
@}->-If you are ever attacked by vampires, held hostage by aliens, haunted by angry ghosts, put on a zombie's menu, stalked by an undying killer or in other ways find yourself in a horror movie situation, never, ever go near the bathroom!-<-{@
Old 03-16-2011, 04:23 AM
From The Beyond

The new version of King's Quest 1 for the PC. I'm a complete retro head when it comes to games.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:20 AM

Send a message via MSN to BookZombie Send a message via Yahoo to BookZombie Send a message via Skype™ to BookZombie
I love King's Quest however a new version have slip by me, I did not know they where making a new version of it. Could you tell me a bit more about it or give me a link where I could read more about this game please?
@}->-If you are ever attacked by vampires, held hostage by aliens, haunted by angry ghosts, put on a zombie's menu, stalked by an undying killer or in other ways find yourself in a horror movie situation, never, ever go near the bathroom!-<-{@
Old 03-16-2011, 04:57 PM
From The Beyond

Yikes I just found out they have already remade kings quest 2-Romancing the stones! That one slipped past me lol. Here's the link for more info:-

www.agdinteractive.com

They are the company doing the remakes hope you enjoy them :)
Old 03-16-2011, 11:51 PM

Thank you for the links, it is very kind of you. I will have to check these games. Though Kings Quest 7 was always my favorite. Among the high points of that game where the writing on the tombstones, like this one.

The sorrowful Rosemary Pratt,
Liked to wail by the cliffs with her cat,
One day such a pity,
She tripped on her kitty,
And fell of the cliffs with a splat.

I am a Transhumanist and an immortalist, I do not wish to or plan on dying, but if I ever did I would want to tombstone like that. :P
Old 03-17-2011, 04:08 AM
Synthetic Flesh

In the last few weeks:

Napoleon: Total War (PC)
Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)
Madden NFL 10 (PS3)
Guitar Hero: Metallica (PS3)
Just Cause 2 (PC)
Old 03-17-2011, 12:16 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookZombie View Post
Thank you for the links, it is very kind of you. I will have to check these games. Though Kings Quest 7 was always my favorite. Among the high points of that game where the writing on the tombstones, like this one.

The sorrowful Rosemary Pratt,
Liked to wail by the cliffs with her cat,
One day such a pity,
She tripped on her kitty,
And fell of the cliffs with a splat.

I am a Transhumanist and an immortalist, I do not wish to or plan on dying, but if I ever did I would want to tombstone like that. :P
Oh I played kings quest 7 a while ago I had forgotten about those tombstones they were indeed great. It looks like that company are working on the whole series so it will be interesting to see how they do part 7 if they get that far. If you are a transhumanist then shamanism is a MUST read. I can't remember the titles of books I've read or their authors as believe it or not I got them borrowed from public libraries. but if I do I'll let you know.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:44 AM

I do read quite a bit about shamanism, while it is not my favorite occult topic it is still very interesting and it is very instructive when it comes to many other fields of knowledge.

A new Kings Quest 7 game would be awesome. It is an amazing game with a great story. Though that music puzzle with the harp thing always annoyed me.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:45 AM
From The Beyond

Fair enough-I think shamanism just really appeals to me a lot at this moment in time.

Back to topic I can't remember the harp thing but you never know they may make it less annoying in a remake. Hoping to get my apple mac hooked up online soon so I'll be getting games for that then. My PC is sadly not very good for playing games on.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:54 AM

I fist played King's Quest 7 on my first computer a Olivetti (which seamed to have a mind of it's own) I think that yes in a remake a sound based puzzle might be less annoying as modern sound cards actually display sounds right. Off course I could have my hubby set up some things on my computer so I can run my old games on it. I have several others I want to play again to, like Dungeon Keeper and BloodNet.

Tags
computer games, games